Cheaters / hackers

In regards to the title and latest dev announcements, how do people actually cheat/hack? What are we suppose to look out for?

Replies

• jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Players who have all lvl 1 bounty hunters but a 7* Chewie. Players who set all their strongest squads on defense but somehow managed to kill your Jedi Revan squad with trash.

I expect there will be lots of players who lose and just report their opponent for cheating just in case.
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    level 1 bounty hunters with 7* chewie or level 1 ewoks with 7* 3po would be an obvious cheat
    other than that if your not sure then ask (without names etc )
  • TVF
    36583 posts Member
    CallumRM92 wrote: »
    In regards to the title and latest dev announcements, how do people actually cheat/hack? What are we suppose to look out for?

Is "what are we suppose to look out for?" the new "asking for a friend?"
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    I don’t think we have to look out for much more then inferior teams somehow holding on D.
    The data they collect should do most of the looking out.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    KueChael wrote: »
    I don’t think we have to look out for much more then inferior teams somehow holding on D.

That seems... backward. Most of the bending of the rules / game mechanics occurs when the player has control, when they're on offense. And since we are given no glimpse into what they used on offense we have to guess.

In another thread the recommendation was to simply report anything you suspect. Basically, if you don't think you should have lost and don't know why you lost, report it. Let Leviathan and Lucifer's Daddy sort it out.
  • jhbuchholz wrote: »

That seems... backward. Most of the bending of the rules / game mechanics occurs when the player has control, when they're on offense. And since we are given no glimpse into what they used on offense we have to guess.

In another thread the recommendation was to simply report anything you suspect. Basically, if you don't think you should have lost and don't know why you lost, report it. Let Leviathan and Lucifer's Daddy sort it out.

This. Their new software should be able to handle the bulk of it, but if you see something really really strange, like people getting millions of damage with a trash team in HSTR, you can report it to a Leviathan or Lucifer's Daddy through pm. I'm sure they get pounded with a LOT though so I wouldnt send them every little thing. Just my 0.02
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    My point was, we shouldn’t be guessing what they used. Only worry about what’s in front of us when we are on Offense.
    Let them read the data, and make judgments.
  • KueChael wrote: »
    My point was, we shouldn’t be guessing what they used. Only worry about what’s in front of us when we are on Offense.

I don’t have confidence in any system that doesn’t explain to me how it works. It makes me believe that the reason they aren’t telling us how they catch cheaters is because it doesn’t catch everyone, and it would be easier to get around if we knew how it worked. So while I’m hopeful that more cheaters will be caught, I’m definitely not optimistic that it will catch everyone or even the majority of people.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member

I don’t have confidence in any system that doesn’t explain to me how it works. It makes me believe that the reason they aren’t telling us how they catch cheaters is because it doesn’t catch everyone, and it would be easier to get around if we knew how it worked. So while I’m hopeful that more cheaters will be caught, I’m definitely not optimistic that it will catch everyone or even the majority of people.

Agreed. This feels very Wizard of Oz-ish. Ignore the man behind the curtain.

I'm hopeful but the responses of "don't guess, let the system do it's job" and "knowing what was used against you won't help and it will give away my very secret offensive strategies" are less than satisfactory.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

I don't think it's even possible to cheat a defense. If you're attacking me whole affair takes place in your device with the data pulled from the server. It's not mine anymore.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »

I don't think it's even possible to cheat a defense. If you're attacking me whole affair takes place in your device with the data pulled from the server. It's not mine anymore.

Absolutely impossible to cheat on defense. That is server side, not client side. If inferior teams are winning on D, they are being fought with more inferior teams on O.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The discussion of how someone cheats is not allowed by the Forum Guidelines, this discussion will not be allowed on the open forum. Please feel free to direct message CG_Leviathan of you have any questions or if you suspect cheating.
    APX_919 wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »

Absolutely impossible to cheat on defense. That is server side, not client side. If inferior teams are winning on D, they are being fought with more inferior teams on O.

Also this. Let's keep this in mind.
This discussion has been closed.