Gear 12 finishers and their effect on older legendary events

I may have asked a similar question in the past but when it comes to the gear 12 finishers and dealing with events like chewbacca and c3p0 will the gear boost even have an impact? I think I read somewhere that mods will still play a big contribution but I'd like to use an example. My current bounty hunter team led by bossk with dengar, cad, greedo and boba are all gear 12 and moded while mods may need some work. I've managed to get chewie to 6 stars but my squad gets obliterated right now. If I were to replace cad and greedo with embo and jango and get everyone their final piece of gear when it arrives in the future will mods still be as relevant to the event since the gear boost should be pretty substantial?

Replies

• Ikaros
    15 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Mods will still play a very large role in content as difficult as chewie and 3po. While I'd reccomend getting Embo and Jango anyway, the event should be possible with your current team given the right mods. From what they have stated g12 finishers will only be available from geonosis, and I don't know how someone would be able to complete geonosis without having mods good enough for Chewie. That aside, the only thing the g12 finishers will do is increase how much bonus the mods give, and that has to do with how stats are calculated. Right now final stats are (Sum of g1-11)*(mod bonuses) + g12 stats. After g13 it will be (sum of g1-12)*(mod bonuses). So base stats will be higher, but you will still need good mods for the % modifiers they give.
  • thedrjojo
    953 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Coolnessda wrote: »
    I may have asked a similar question in the past but when it comes to the gear 12 finishers and dealing with events like chewbacca and c3p0 will the gear boost even have an impact? I think I read somewhere that mods will still play a big contribution but I'd like to use an example. My current bounty hunter team led by bossk with dengar, cad, greedo and boba are all gear 12 and moded while mods may need some work. I've managed to get chewie to 6 stars but my squad gets obliterated right now. If I were to replace cad and greedo with embo and jango and get everyone their final piece of gear when it arrives in the future will mods still be as relevant to the event since the gear boost should be pretty substantial?

zd99i6i4lstu.jpg

Your mods must be bad to not get it with that team. Didn't take a million tries either

A g13 team should auto the event. A single g13 character with a bunch of g11-12 should be able to win first try
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Options
    thedrjojo wrote: »
    Coolnessda wrote: »

zd99i6i4lstu.jpg

Your mods must be bad to not get it with that team. Didn't take a million tries either

A g13 team should auto the event. A single g13 character with a bunch of g11-12 should be able to win first try

This. I got 7* with G12 Bossk, G11 Boba, G11 IG-88, G9 Greedo, and G7 Dengar.

But yes, Legendaries will definitely get easier. I think by the time you are farming the finishers though, you should have most (or all) of the Legendaries at 7* :#