How to beat NS team

Prev1
Amadeuswhite11
73 posts Member
edited June 2019
Hi I have been trying to beat Night Sister teams in the arena but so can’t seem to beat them. My current team is Bastilla, Yoda, Ezra, Old Ben, and Thrawn. It is frustrating because every time I kill Old Daka, Zombie dies to revive her but if I kill Zombie, it comes back too. What order should I kill the Night Sisters? Thanks!

BTW, the team I have been trying to beat is zTalzin, zOld Daka, zombie, zAsajj, and Talia. So advice on this specific team would be helpful, but also just general NS teams advice. Who should I kill first or fracture or things like that.

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    2 variants:

A.
    Kill weakest non-zombie enemy NS twice in a row.
    Kill Daka.
    Kill rest.

B.
    Kill weakest non-zombie enemy NS twice in a row.
    Kill zombie continuously until at zero speed (2 x -50% speed)
    Kill Daka.
    Kill rest.

With your team, you can use Bastilla's stun and Thrawn to remove the stun on enemy zombie.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Absolute best answer? zVeers, zStarck, Range, Snow and Shore troopers. That squad will beat any permutation of NS teams 99.9999999999999999% of the time. You can lose, but the RNG has to be absolutely abysmal.

This. There a other versions of IT that work very well too.

Padme is amazing vs NS, but I'm guessing you wouldn't be making this thread if you had her.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Jango lead BH wreck NS as well.
  • Indeed, NS are a pain in the buttocks. I try and keep Assaj stunned while using @Waqui strategy above. You have to do what Waqui said. You have to try and do it before MT calls all to assist and gangs up on 1 of your toons because that will probably take 1 out.

And unless you have that trooper team it is unlikely you will be able to overwhelm them on autoplay
  • Veers stark storm snow death 12g all zetas. Sp and crit damage mod focus. Every time I see NS In Squad and TW. I send in the boys to pound the snot out of this rediculous team. Then send a request. The best part about it is they revive instantly just to give the Troopers 50 percent more turn meter just to get to stomp them in the dirt again and again. With enough speed. 9/10 times my opponent won’t even get a first a turn. Simply satisfying.
  • PoD
    67 posts Member
    I target Daka, even if she isn’t the weakest sister, until she isn’t revived by zombie. But that only works if you have fast toons, which is why troopers under Veers are a good counter.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Omg. I didn’t realize till now that so many important individuals had an anonymous opinion about others freely shared over open forums and a moderately massive multiplayer video game on a phone. I’ll definitely try my hardest to live up to the standard laid before me tonight. I gotta be honest though. It'll certainly be a challenge considering I have zero care over said opinions. Thumbs up to you sir. I’m sure you’ve changed lives for the better tonight.

Assuming tone of this post and habit of sending "a request" are related.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    Omg. I didn’t realize till now that so many important individuals had an anonymous opinion about others freely shared over open forums and a moderately massive multiplayer video game on a phone. I’ll definitely try my hardest to live up to the standard laid before me tonight. I gotta be honest though. It'll certainly be a challenge considering I have zero care over said opinions. Thumbs up to you sir. I’m sure you’ve changed lives for the better tonight.

That's how I take it. Maybe I'm just taking it a little too personal, but ever since I started using Padme in arena I get non stop requests from JKR users who beat me....like they all think they're the first to point out JKR can beat a Padme squad? I just don't get the point. Maybe they're miffed I'm beating their maxed squads with a g10 Padme? Either way seems overtly childish and unnecessary to me.
  • Daav44
    23 posts Member
    general NS teams advice

Ok, first you need to know that nightsisters are a hard counter to Bastila lead teams. If you can avoid fighting them it might be a good idea.
    Don't be fooled by some guy bragging about their amazing troopers, they are just facing raid nightsister teams.

That said, let's talk about the kill order
    1) Your first target should be Daka or Asajj.
    Some people think it's stupid to start by Daka, but remember, her unique gives her more health when another ns die.
    Asajj is also a good choice, she's rather weak and her unique increase her dmg output when another ns die.
    Kill them twice to proc the zombie unique.

2) Kill Daka. You obviously don't want her to revive everyone.

3) Kill Mother Talzin and Asajj.
    Talzin special attack can revive all nightsister, that is a serious threat, not to mention plague can do serious damage to your team, despite the tenacity boost
    Asajj can remove all your buffs, that is extremely problematic for a jedi team.

4) Kill the rest

Tips
    Use Thrawn fracture and Bastila buff immunity to control the zombie taunt.
    Don't spread all your buff at the start of the battle, wait till Asajj do her mass dispel.
    Try to have OB not too slow, to get his aoe debuff asap.
  • TuncBlack
    407 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    best team to beat Fully NS or NS+NEST is:
    Traya, Sion, Nihilus.

your team can win but usually, you will lose.
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Absolute best answer? zVeers, zStarck, Range, Snow and Shore troopers. That squad will beat any permutation of NS teams 99.9999999999999999% of the time. You can lose, but the RNG has to be absolutely abysmal.

That is simply not true.
    You have yet to face well-modded zzAV-Spirit teams if you think Troopers work all the time.

The most reliable, non-Revan, NS-counter is still the Triumvirate with a taunter (Shore, SiT) as 4th. Troopers and Palpatine work perfectly fine against subpar and mediocre NS teams. However, NS teams with a few G12+ pieces and 6 dot mods in the key slots will shut these counters down even on defense.
    Post edited by RandomSithLord on
  • khelzac
    335 posts Member
    Just a question, won't FO with zKRU lead work?
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Chances are OP isn’t going up against the strong NS that laugh at IT yet so IT would probably work.

That being said, troopers a lot more often than not get slaughtered against those NS teams people put effort into. I would suggest to find the counters now before you start facing those high end teams so that when you do you already have the mechanics down.

Trium work really well. You don’t necessarily need the pre taunt in all cases but it sometimes helps. BH work well, too. You don’t necessarily need Jango’s zeta but it sure helps. I would suggest those two teams. Guaranteed sooner or later you’re going to face NS in tw and ga that are modded and geared better than your arena opponents. Just wait until you run into the ones where spirit, daka, and AV are all above 300 effective speed. Those are fun.
  • Daav44 wrote: »

Ok, first you need to know that nightsisters are a hard counter to Bastila lead teams.
    He’s facing MT led NS, which are less problematic with zBastila than Asaj led since you’re basically immune to plague. zJolee, Hoda and JKA would probably help as well, if you have any of them geared. The basic strategy I use is hard kill zombie before her turn to slow her down a little. This will give a boost to Asajj and Daka, but you’ll also gain a little more time to kill them before zombie retaunts. I then fracture Daka, kill asaj twice, then kill Daka, and Asaj a third time. Once those 2 are down, take out MT. Without acolyte you don’t have to worry about a mass dispeller to counter hide-the-acolyte.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

That is simply not true.
    You have yet to face well-modded zzAV-Spirit teams if you think Troopers work all the time.

The most reliable, non-Revan, NS-counter is still the Triumvirate with a taunter (Shore, SiT) as 4th. Troopers and Palpatine work perfectly fine against subpar and mediocre NS teams. However, NS teams with a few G12+ pieces and 6 dot mods in the key slots will shut these counters down even on defense.

Mostly agree but you don't really need a taunter other than Sion in my experience.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Daav44
    23 posts Member
    He’s facing MT led NS, which are less problematic with zBastila than Asaj led since you’re basically immune to plague.

80k GP Mother Talzin lead team win on offense vs 100k GP Bastila. At equal GP, u can just push the auto button. It might be less problematic, but it still is.

And no, Bastila teams are far from being immune to plague. Especially with the OP's team that doesn't have healer, MT will land plague and plague will spread.
  • Daav44
    23 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    It is simply true. I have faced AV teams with spirit and they're actually easier the MT lead teams. It's still the same formula at work: Mass AOE's, plus turn meter for kills mean more damage than NS can keep up with.
    That is simply not true.
    ITs need a kill to start their engine. Well modded nightsisters make it difficult to get an early kill.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    VonZant wrote: »

That's how I take it. Maybe I'm just taking it a little too personal, but ever since I started using Padme in arena I get non stop requests from JKR users who beat me....like they all think they're the first to point out JKR can beat a Padme squad? I just don't get the point. Maybe they're miffed I'm beating their maxed squads with a g10 Padme? Either way seems overtly childish and unnecessary to me.

Leave in Barris/Ahsoka - then get the request for when they lose. ;)

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member

I remember when I was twelve.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• sying
    982 posts Member
    Daav44 wrote: »
    Well modded nightsisters make it difficult to get an early kill.

Disagree. Poorly modded Imperial Troopers can make it difficult to get an early kill. But all things being equal - if both teams are well/correctly modded or both teams are poorly/incorrectly modded, Troopers will win every time barring legendary bad RNG or player mistake.

I’m interested in knowing what you think a well modded NS team looks like.
  • Is this your gg? Snowlock2017
    https://swgoh.gg/p/996151432/
  • Absolute best answer? zVeers, zStarck, Range, Snow and Shore troopers. That squad will beat any permutation of NS teams 99.9999999999999999% of the time. You can lose, but the RNG has to be absolutely abysmal.

That USED to be the best solution, hands down, but nowadays I wanna say Jango lead is a better counter. Burning stops Asajj and Talzin's TM gain, NS killed by Jango on his turn can't be revived, NS killed by Boba's execute can't be revived.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    sying wrote: »
    Chances are OP isn’t going up against the strong NS that laugh at IT yet so IT would probably work.

That being said, troopers a lot more often than not get slaughtered against those NS teams people put effort into. I would suggest to find the counters now before you start facing those high end teams so that when you do you already have the mechanics down.

Trium work really well. You don’t necessarily need the pre taunt in all cases but it sometimes helps. BH work well, too. You don’t necessarily need Jango’s zeta but it sure helps. I would suggest those two teams. Guaranteed sooner or later you’re going to face NS in tw and ga that are modded and geared better than your arena opponents. Just wait until you run into the ones where spirit, daka, and AV are all above 300 effective speed. Those are fun.

Never seen a NS team laugh at my troopers
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Call in General Grievous to mow em down for you.

You said that already lol
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Apparently they need mowing once a week. ;)