GGs unique zeta concept in GA viability

So I’m having a dilemma. Do you think GGs unique is absolutely necessary especially with the new reworks? With g12 finishers wouldn’t the droids be harder to kill? And also since In GA/TW you don’t want characters dying let alone losing protection and health what would be the point of getting an ability that counts on the death of at least one of your characters in your team? Need some debates about this zeta

Replies

• Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    usArmyJedi wrote: »
    And also since In GA/TW you don’t want characters dying let alone losing protection and health what would be the point of getting an ability that counts on the death of at least one of your characters in your team?
    It means its hell of a good defensive team
  • Kilker
    31 posts Member
    It makes the team better. With g13, droids will have more health, but attackers will do more damage. Zetad GG will require a better team to win if he’s set on D.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    So I’m having a dilemma. Do you think GGs unique is absolutely necessary especially with the new reworks? With g12 finishers wouldn’t the droids be harder to kill? And also since In GA/TW you don’t want characters dying let alone losing protection and health what would be the point of getting an ability that counts on the death of at least one of your characters in your team? Need some debates about this zeta

I got it; don’t use it though. I just like GG and had to finish him.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    And also since In GA/TW you don’t want characters dying let alone losing protection and health what would be the point of getting an ability that counts on the death of at least one of your characters in your team?
    It means its hell of a good defensive team

Ahh defensively it would be good huh
  • Nihion wrote: »

I got it; don’t use it though. I just like GG and had to finish him.

Do you often use Sep droids on offense or defense
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Definitely defense. No idea if it works or not, I’m not big on GA so I’m bad at it, lol.
  • Don't forget the other team will also be dealing a lot more damage if they have G13. Take Solo, for example, whose final gear piece gives him an extra 1000(!!) physical damage, plus whatever bonus he gets for completing the set. And a G13 B1 has just as much defense as a G1...
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    I’ve thought the same thing, the concept of a zeta that only works once a member of your team has died , seems flawed for a defensive team. In grand arena I don’t think of a great defensive team as someone who only does 1 fight. And for the zeta you have to be losing a separatist , leaving your team down to 4 people at best, so the enemy’s next attempt they are fighting a four man squad. Doesn’t seem to make sense.

Counter point - nute can revive. And his death triggers this without actually losing someone. Remember too- wat tambor is coming to the game and can revive separatists. This adds a new angle to examine.

Perhaps yes the zeta is important. For it to really shine you may need a hybrid separatists/droid team. But don’t expect it to help make your separatists fight multiple rounds on defence. Don’t expect it to be like a scoundrel team or an old republic team.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Stick wrote: »
    I’ve thought the same thing, the concept of a zeta that only works once a member of your team has died , seems flawed for a defensive team. In grand arena I don’t think of a great defensive team as someone who only does 1 fight. And for the zeta you have to be losing a separatist , leaving your team down to 4 people at best, so the enemy’s next attempt they are fighting a four man squad. Doesn’t seem to make sense.

Counter point - nute can revive. And his death triggers this without actually losing someone. Remember too- wat tambor is coming to the game and can revive separatists. This adds a new angle to examine.

Perhaps yes the zeta is important. For it to really shine you may need a hybrid separatists/droid team. But don’t expect it to help make your separatists fight multiple rounds on defence. Don’t expect it to be like a scoundrel team or an old republic team.

A lot of ppl retreat when they lose, so they may not end up leaving you with a 4 man squad. If they manage to kill one, triggering GG, that could be the reason they end up losing.
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    Ya I suppose in that case you could keep the full squad. But that’s not going to be something you can depend on
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Ya I suppose in that case you could keep the full squad. But that’s not going to be something you can depend on

If they don't retreat, they may see a 4 man squad and try to take it out using 3 or 4 toons...meanwhile your squad has loaded TM.

Nothing is a guarantee, but I can see it working more often than not.
  • Metasly
    280 posts Member

In GA any team that forces my oponnent to attack twice gives me a greater chance to win : 20 less points for him