Not just gear, toons need to be made easier

Prev1
EA/CD have commented that with the release of g13, certain earlier gear crunches need to be eased. This is absolutely true.

However, with the release of new content, toon crunches also need to get easier. The perfect example of this is Baze, though remember he's far from the only one. (Full disclosure: my Baze is 5 stars)

Baze with Chirrut was, at one time, pretty close to meta. Even today Baze is clearly useful in mid-game, just not in endgame. While I get 6/6 in the Rogue 1 phase6 mission on LS TB, I'm told by others that it's significantly easier to do with Baze... and I believe them.

But Baze isn't meta or anywhere close, and with endgame content moving on from Hoth TB, there's simply no reason why Baze should be farmable on a single hard-node only. If the goal is to get players to graduate from Hoth to Geonosis, we should want players who start today to take less than 4 years to get there. Easing up the g8/g9 gear crunch is fine now that you've constructed a new gear crunch at the transition between g12 and g13 which will require major resources to force through. But just as we don't want people stuck farming carbantis and stun guns forever when the game has moved on to g13, we don't want people stuck farming Rogue 1 forever when the game has moved on to Geonosis TB.

Release Baze to an easily farmable store, and do the same for other characters who aren't relevant to end game content. No Tusken should be hard-node only. No Jawa should be hard-node only. I tend to think that FO should never be hard-node only either, though I guess with that trilogy still playing out and Rise of Skywalker hitting theaters this winter they might wish to hold on to that one in case they do something with it later.

Fine. Okay. But let's think seriously about any toon that's hard-node only, and maybe some other toons that don't need to be behind a strong paywall (Nest comes to mind).

I've got 4.2M GP. Other than Baze, Embo, and a single Tusken, I don't have any hard node toons left to farm. It's not that I'm really worried about it for my game performance - my BH and R1 and other squads do fine (and tuskers are irrelevant) - but this is just silly. Not only should early-to-mid-game gear get easier as the game progresses, but early-to-mid-game toons should do so as well.

The time is long since past that some of those toons migrate to easier farms. Baze is just the best example, because for people other than me (my 200M guild will go to Geo TB right away) he's an important stepping-stone toon for LS TB as players and guilds grow. There's no reason for Tuskens to be hard node only, but there's not the same downside as their is with Baze.

The game will be better off if Baze and some other early-to-mid game toons are made more accessible. EA/CG: I sincerely believe you should think about which toons you can release more widely, then open up access to Baze and any others you believe can play a role for mid-game players without affecting end-game content.

Replies

• TVF
    36577 posts Member
    They did make it easier. They put Baze in Rebel Roundup. :p
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    I agree they need to drop the whole " never gonna update stores" thing and put some older defunct toons in Stores, baze, lobot, ururur, etc inside arena store, shard shope, GW shop etc.

let the players decide if they want shards or Gear. there smart they can decide for themself.

That's crazy talk
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Who in the blaze is baze?
  • Kokie wrote: »

Some fat guy with a backpack
  • While i fully agree with you, i'm sure this won't happen.
    CG wants us to farm forever, or at least until that point where you maybe start to invest some money out of frustration (or hoarded crystals), but if you do, the next grind already awaits you, until the circle restarts and you open again your wallet/crystal box.
    This is a endless loop which CG should fix, but never will ;-)
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • The "making it easier" is just more punishment for usnold timers. You know the ones here since pre TW.

Those of us with about 4 million GP. But cant hold a candle to a 2.5 million post TW focused account (typically an alt).

I get we need to attract and not overwhelm new players. But the trade off shouldnt be to disinfranchise the old.
  • The "making it easier" is just more punishment for usnold timers. You know the ones here since pre TW.

Those of us with about 4 million GP. But cant hold a candle to a 2.5 million post TW focused account (typically an alt).

I get we need to attract and not overwhelm new players. But the trade off shouldnt be to disinfranchise the old.

As someone with over 4M GP, I don't understand this argument. How would we be punished?
  • UNDE4DLY
    56 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    evoluza wrote: »
    Nothing needs ease, enjoy the grind

now THIS is crazy talk. nobody enjoys the grind of this game (see carth). it's an unfortunate basis that the game is built on so you get frustrated and spend money. nothing more.
  • TVF wrote: »
    They did make it easier. They put Baze in Rebel Roundup. :p

Which is a stupid event, anyone that can do it doesn't need the rewards.
  • Fredy5
    328 posts Member
    😂🤣😂🤣😂
    It's not their policy...
    They even created a new ship story just in order to put more Hard Node and more limits on shard drop raté / day ...
    You were using you cx to get toon shard, now, you will only use it for Kyros ...
    Don't bother to refresh, we are still locking for the word Drop in drop raté ...
    For New toon, you won't be able to use them without Kyros because they will stick at G8 ...
  • Fredy5
    328 posts Member
    They should just increase the drop rate on old characters

In 3 years of brozium my Urrrr is 4 stars and Lobot at 5 stars ...
    Never farmed those useless toons..
    They don't know what means drop in drop raté ....
    Never spent my brozium somewhere else expect 10k once in a shop...
  • They will never change anything in a positive way. See 8 to 5 reduction.

Money is the only driving factor.
  • Main reason I'm farming Baze? Eyeball salvage.
  • Kokie wrote: »

Some fat guy with a backpack

A backpack full of LASER ammo, no less.
  • Weltall
    98 posts Member
    Considering that there's over 100 characters ingame by now and that the biggest bottleneck on progress has been and is now, more than ever: Gear !

Removing the RNG on Character node sims and instead enable guaranteed Char Shard yields from each sim - and even then farming toons would take a long time - would be a step in the right direction for players' mental health . . .
  • I completely disagree with the OP. Gear and characters need to be made harder to get! I think every new character going forward should be legendary characters and their shards should only be able to be farmed in the new store on random (rng) rotation making most characters 9 month to 2 year farms. In a perfect world, character shards should actually only be available in $99.99 packs so that you actually EARN them. Enough of this F2P fergusons.

I also feel like most challenges and raids need to be nerfed in regards to the rewards they give out. I'm tired of carbantis being farmable in challenges and gold balls being attainable in raids. All of the heavy relied on gear should only be attainable like stun guns. You either fork over the crystals, farm them on pve nodes instead of character shards, or get them randomly in guild event store or shard shop.

If you don't want to spend thousands of dollars every week on this game like I do, then you really shouldn't be playing this game.
  • I am completely agree with u. I am the clear example of that. I got bored of the game 2 years ago and I left the game for 10 month. I came back and started to build my GP again. I need to say that I was 20 in my arena. Nearly a year after, I can't be at 100 in arena. Not to say fleet arena/others.
    It's really hard to catch the people who is playing since the beginning of the game.
    Currently, I won't recommend anybody to start playing this game. It's crazy the quantity of things that need to be farm. Can pass years until u get competitive.
    They need to do something or all this game will end soon. They are focusing a lot in the old players who still pay, and leaving the new people at one side.
  • Calangocdo wrote: »
    They will never change anything in a positive way. See 8 to 5 reduction.

Money is the only driving factor.

This game is based on frustration and they're playing with the mental health of the people. More frustrated more possibilities to pay. Easy.
  • They are focusing a lot in the old players who still pay, and leaving the new people at one side.

I literally added a new player into my guild yesterday who has only been playing for a few months and already has a darth revan team and takes number 1 in his arena everyday.

If you don't know who to farm and gear up to stay or be competitive, that's on you.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    I am completely agree with u. I am the clear example of that. I got bored of the game 2 years ago and I left the game for 10 month. I came back and started to build my GP again. I need to say that I was 20 in my arena. Nearly a year after, I can't be at 100 in arena. Not to say fleet arena/others.
    It's really hard to catch the people who is playing since the beginning of the game.
    Currently, I won't recommend anybody to start playing this game. It's crazy the quantity of things that need to be farm. Can pass years until u get competitive.
    They need to do something or all this game will end soon. They are focusing a lot in the old players who still pay, and leaving the new people at one side.

To be fair, the game isn't built to "catch up". It's built around the idea that you keep playing. Taking a 10 month break goes against all of the ways the game tries to guide you through progression.

I do agree that many of the older characters could be made easier to farm without causing any imbalances in the game.
  • They are focusing a lot in the old players who still pay, and leaving the new people at one side.

I literally added a new player into my guild yesterday who has only been playing for a few months and already has a darth revan team and takes number 1 in his arena everyday.

If you don't know who to farm and gear up to stay or be competitive, that's on you.

Being 1 in arena doesn't mean that someone is competent. If he get it is because he spent a lot of money in this game, which is not cheap (but that's is other matter) probably he doesn't have RJT, CLs and many other characters that are needed for TW and TB or even GA.
  • evoluza wrote: »
    UNDE4DLY wrote: »

now THIS is crazy talk. nobody enjoys the grind of this game (see carth). it's an unfortunate basis that the game is built on so you get frustrated and spend money. nothing more.

Or its based on the fun of finishing something. The need for people getting everything immediately and for free is just silly. I myself enjoy the grind. Don't mind more free stuff, but everything is still achievable.

When did anyone ask to get “everything immediately and for free?” The OP is only asking for irrelevant characters to be put in the stores to help ease character grinds that don’t matter anymore. I still have quite a few characters to get to 7*, but I never see myself working on them because I’m better off keeping up with new content. For me, there’s absolutely no reason to get baze, lando, or lobot because they provide no benefit to me while taking away my resources to farm them.

It seems like CG is missing out on an easy win-win situation: put baze in the GW store and I’ll be happy to get him to 7* (although he provides no benefit to me); at the same time, I’ll get less shard shop currency which means less gear which means I’m more likely to pay for gear as a happy customer.
  • Formerly_Randy
    333 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    They are focusing a lot in the old players who still pay, and leaving the new people at one side.

Being 1 in arena doesn't mean that someone is competent. If he get it is because he spent a lot of money in this game, which is not cheap (but that's is other matter) probably he doesn't have RJT, CLs and many other characters that are needed for TW and TB or even GA.

He's free to play and JTR is certainly not really needed for anything anymore. That team has quickly fallen by the wayside over the past year.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    UNDE4DLY wrote: »

Or its based on the fun of finishing something. The need for people getting everything immediately and for free is just silly. I myself enjoy the grind. Don't mind more free stuff, but everything is still achievable.

When did anyone ask to get “everything immediately and for free?” The OP is only asking for irrelevant characters to be put in the stores to help ease character grinds that don’t matter anymore. I still have quite a few characters to get to 7*, but I never see myself working on them because I’m better off keeping up with new content. For me, there’s absolutely no reason to get baze, lando, or lobot because they provide no benefit to me while taking away my resources to farm them.

It seems like CG is missing out on an easy win-win situation: put baze in the GW store and I’ll be happy to get him to 7* (although he provides no benefit to me); at the same time, I’ll get less shard shop currency which means less gear which means I’m more likely to pay for gear as a happy customer.

With all the updates and reworks and new toons added that bring life to "older toons", there is no such thing as in irrelevant toon. TB and TW make sure if that.

The OP also uses the new TB as an example for why this should happen which has nothing to do with Baze, TB is DS he is LS.

Other than the issues that revolve around the certain store toons that are made harder to farm due to RNG, the game is a grind and it always will be, but is completely manageable. To make any toon easier to farm because they are seen right now as irrelevant only secures them in that place longer. Nothing in this game is quick, it takes time and planning.

There is a decent balance out there for usefulness and farmability. Baze should be on the harder end, he is a useful toon. People prioritize differently and allow themselves to be pulled in different directions.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    They are focusing a lot in the old players who still pay, and leaving the new people at one side.

He's free to play and JTR is certainly not really needed for anything anymore. That team has quickly fallen by the wayside over the past year.

If you want good hSTR rewards, JTR is still one the few viable teams available.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Fredy5
    328 posts Member

You don't solo the HAAT ? You should know then...