Biggs’ X Wing and Hound’s Tooth

PoD
67 posts Member
When my Hound’s Tooth is target locked and attacks a taunting Biggs, Biggs’ X wing recovers protection. Is this working as intended? It seems like a bug, but I’m not sure and I couldn’t find anything searching the forums. So I’m hoping someone here has the answer. Thanks!

Replies

• PoD
    67 posts Member
    It is how things work. I found my own answer reading all the abilities more closely. It’s because Hound’s Tooth’s basic dispels all debuffs and this happens only when Vader’s ship is present. Thus Hound’s Tooth dispels target lock and Vader reapplies it and Biggs gets protection. I guess I’ve just learned not to use Hound’s Tooth when Vader and Biggs are both present.
  • DaPowerfulJedi
    3185 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    If your opponent’s team also has Vader, his unique will automatically reapply target lock whenever it expires on a ship like your HT. Biggs then recovers protection from the target lock that got reapplied due to his unique.

Edit: looks like you already found your answer.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Correct on the mechanics but not on the solution.

Don't bench HT just because of that, it's the best darn tank in fleet... which also means it hits like a wet noodle. Just deal with it. HT is a damage sponge. Your attackers are there to deal damage.
  • PoD
    67 posts Member
    Thanks, @DaPowerfulJedi!

And, @Rath_Tarr, you’re right. I will still use Hound’s Tooth, but I may not start it or call it in to reinforce against Biggs + Vader.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Start it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    You know you are hitting a similar problem every single time your HT has to shoot at the enemy HT, right?
  • PoD
    67 posts Member
    I do. And that’s why I don’t use Hound’s Tooth to start or go head-to-head against an opponent’s Hound’s Tooth. In my experience, it’s better to take out the opponent first.