Need help with Squad Composition

Akavir
46 posts Member
I'm free to play and I've been working on stars for a while. My question is out of the following toons which should I include/drop for my arena comp:

Lumi
Sid
QGJ
Daka
Geo Soldier
Dooku

Gearing up takes a while as free to play, So I'm needing to decide who to commit to. I just got Dooku to max gear. Currently I'm using Sid as leader, I drop too much in rank FOR NOW with QGJ as lead. I'm thinking about dropping Lumi from this lineup. Any thoughts on this?

Replies

• Options
    You have the same as me but I have Phasma not Daka. I would use the following,

Sidney (L)
    Dooku
    Daka
    Lumi
    GS

If you got Phasma then Daka would be good for called stun assists. Ultimately, choose your best leader and build your squad around them bearing in mind synergy etc.
  • Akavir
    46 posts Member
    Options
    Force bump

Anyone else?
  • DrewN76
    566 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    QGJ
    Dooku
    GS
    Daka
    Lumi

Speed lots of speed, QGJ and GS call assists allowing for Daka stuns and Dooku stuns first. Without a tank, and not fully geared you are going to want to keep Lumi. Dooku can be one shot when facing the right team. So you will want to heal your assists, Daka will be target number one, as such you will certainly want her health gear max at least. And Dooku QGJ and Daka need high potency for their special effects, Lumi too if you want the ability block from her special. GS needs lots of Heath and speed.
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply. So QGJ as leader? Drop Sid for Lumi? Whenever I get max stars would it be best to drop lumi and add in Sid?
  • Options
    Akavir wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. So QGJ as leader? Drop Sid for Lumi? Whenever I get max stars would it be best to drop lumi and add in Sid?

Unless Sid is lead, you should not run him.
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • Options
    DrewN76 wrote: »
    QGJ
    Dooku
    GS
    Daka
    Lumi

Speed lots of speed, QGJ and GS call assists allowing for Daka stuns and Dooku stuns first. Without a tank, and not fully geared you are going to want to keep Lumi. Dooku can be one shot when facing the right team. So you will want to heal your assists, Daka will be target number one, as such you will certainly want her health gear max at least. And Dooku QGJ and Daka need high potency for their special effects, Lumi too if you want the ability block from her special. GS needs lots of Heath and speed.

If I had Phasma as leader, how would that change things? Fully geared I'm thinking: Phasma (L), QGJ, Daka, GS, and Dooku.

How bout that? Reason why I ask that now is because there are a lot of Phasma Leader squads on my server. Plus with this lineup I was able to pass the last node for GW recently when my A team had trouble lol...
  • Options
    That's not a terrible lineup. If you have 86 I'd put him in over Daka for the assists.
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • Options
    Lumi is a great all around Jedi she is a staple in most great teams you'll face she can hit like a truck with ability block and a heal. Granted she don't hit as hard as GS but she isn't far off I would run QGJ lead Lumi, GS, Dooku and Daka but like some one else said 86 would be a great one also but Royal Guard would be great to draw fire away from GS if you have him.
  • Options
    Phasma needs to be at least 6* and max ability and gear. But that could help gain some turn meter, helping Dooku gain more and sting more and more GS also gains turn meter off crits more he hits more chances for crits. I have been working on phasma Kylo Dooku GS and Lumi or 86 in there a lot of attacks and chances to get assists calls through phasma. So it could work with QGJ as well.

Have you thought of putting Dooku in lead with QGJ GS Daka and Lumi. Sid just isn't that good if he isn't the leader. Dooku gives evade up and chance to gain offense up off evades. QGJ only helps Lumi move faster. A Dooku lead offers a chance for the entire team to gain something from leader ability.

It's my opinion to run phasma well, you need at least one other FO member in as well. From my experience. But if you want to use phasma for turn meter you could run Dooku QGJ GS Daka phasma.
  • Options
    QGJ lead, Lumi, Sid, Geo, Dooku

Even if Sid isn't in the lead, he still goes early enough to soften up someone for Geo to clean up, or if you QGJ gets a big hit first Sid can finish them and Geo can work on the next guy

Plus you have Dooku going early, you're slowest is a sped up Lumi which isn't bad
  • DrewN76
    566 posts Member
    Options
    Lumi hits like a Mac truck when she is fully geared and 7* max abilities. And her heal is a game changer. I will admit. That ability block on top of anywhere from 7-10k damage if they don't die... They are darn close and not able to use specials.