Any chance of ever getting a subscription type purchase ever again?

I know the extra crystals a day for 21 days was removed due to a licencing agreement or some contract. I am just wondering if we will ever get to see a service similar to this come back. You do not have to give out crystals flat out. I could see $5 a month increases you Energy cap from 144 to 200 then once a day your 45 bonus energy is 90. I mean you could be extra nice and say people on the monthly payment get the 8 hard node limit back instead of the 5 or even make the daily login reward doubled. i will never be in position to Whale unless I won the lottery and the way the store prices have increased there is nothing there that will let me spend $5 a month or $10 every few months like there used to be. When character packs were $9.99 when they were released I used to buy one every now and then because I want to support the game. Now at $20 and forcing me to buy crystals with the character shards it is just not worth it. If this can never happen can you think about making cheaper options like maybe a $10 Chromium pack that is limited to characters that have been released in the last 1/4. That way I can help support the game more often and not be coincided a freeloader or 2nd class citizen.

Replies

• Mstrefe1
    281 posts Member
    Options
    I think they mentioned somewhere (maybe the last Q&A, maybe my imagination) that they were looking into a new subscription package. They had no information for it at that time, and they wouldn't unless they were going to release it soon. But if it was my imagination, then I doubt it. Short of a few salvage of maybe Eyeballs or Carbantis (which you can get from stores), there really isn't something that I could see CG being happy about giving to players every day for a period of time. But I would be happy to be proven wrong.
    Looking for an amazing new guild? Check out Boba's Allience: discord.gg/trr93Ty
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Maybe, with the help of the now former Game Changers that are doing an awesome work in lowkey unveiling all the filth that EA is, you all will realize that this game is not for f2ps. They created a fanbase, got their sights on them big whales and then, in case you didn't notice, started the process by cutting down new players first. I mean, for a new player this game as it is now is hell on Earth. Then comes the turn of the f2p. All they want is shake as much money as they can from the pockets of those specific whales they got their eyes on. They cultivate and foster them, knowing that someone that has tens of thousands (but even hundreds of thousands, they exist) in the game will hardly quit and will continue to spend money regardless of what they do. There will be no more advantages, no more presents, no more eased burdens. In fact, all they're doing now is putting weight on them.

You either accept to be disadvantaged or quit.
  • Options
    That's a little too P2W at least in this game you gotta pay around $200-$350 to 7* a marquee character

Were you trying to say it is too cheap? I know the price to 7* a character. A chromium pack would not give you 300 shards it would give to a chance at 10-25 (I did nto list more because they never release anything other than a 2* starting character anymore). When I started the game I loved Chromium packs it was the cheapest way to catch up on all the toons that came before I arrived. But now that I have 178 7* Characters and Ships with only 38 Left the packs are obsolete because the odds of getting a character I need is so low there is no gambler in the world that would take those odds. I was suggesting making a recent character pack for $ maybe put newer characters there before they come free to play and once they are free to play then move them to the regular chromium packs. I would think any business even those catering to the whales would want to have a way to bring in $$ from smaller fish as well. What happens if the whale decide to protest something in the game and stop buying anything for 1 month? Alternate income is always good.
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    Options
    I would think any business even those catering to the whales would want to have a way to bring in $$ from smaller fish as well. What happens if the whale decide to protest something in the game and stop buying anything for 1 month? Alternate income is always good.

Ever wondered why their microtransactions model looks like straight up gambling? Because you get addicted to it, so what you say is less likely to happen. They perfectly know that they cannot count on whales, so better getting them addicted. And if they're kids... well better, kids are easier to scam. So yeah, your concern was probably addressed even before the game was released.
  • Bevel_Lemelisk
    202 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Drazhar wrote: »
    Ever wondered why their microtransactions model looks like straight up gambling? Because you get addicted to it,

This is exactly why I let my son play the game but refuse to allow him to spend a penny on it. If I ever opened his phone up to spend $$ I might turn around and owe hundreds or thousands.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    To be honest, i don't think it's something you should want to buy. There are better ways to get more bang for your buck ingame currently.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    To be honest, i don't think it's something you should want to buy. There are better ways to get more bang for your buck ingame currently.

to Each his own, 15 shards is a week and a 1/2 to 2 weeks farming reduction. Sometimes they would better for my mental health of not doing the same SIM over and over and over again.