Gac why consider the whole galactic power if we don't have fleets inside?

Actually i like the idea of gac, and maybe i don't understand something... but what is the matter of making the divisions considering the fleet power if we can only use the ground characters?

Replies

• KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ships still have a valid role in developing the GP through zeta material. Either through the store or through the Materials.
  • BeardLumber
    6 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    The way I understand it working is that we are placed into a division based on our total combined GP. When each round of GA starts we are then matchup based on the allowed units.

This means that if it is 5v5 Characters only, matchmaking will only calculate Character GP. If it includes Characters and Fleet, matchmaking will include both Character and Fleet GP.

b5xrhcmuw6vu.jpg
  • Options
    I agree OP. In the case of how this current Exhibition is set up, it does not make too much sense.

However, my counterpoint to this is that really the GP metric for divisions is really arbitrary. It doesn't matter too much on what it's based on in regards to divisions because more than likely one person's character GP should be proportionate to that person's ship GP. And this kind of balances out across the board so it really doesn't matter.

Matchmaking in this case is the real factor. And going forward it looks like that should be absolutely sublime. There of course will be edge cases with this however, especially if you keep getting promoted to higher leagues. The better you do, the smaller the pool of people you are put into. At the top, the matchmaking will start to breakdown. But for most of us, matchmaking should be pretty good. Time will tell.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Fleet GP is good. It inflates your gp and gets you into a higher payout division, then also gives you tokens through feats.

It’s not affecting your matchmaking if ships aren’t involved in the event.

Your fleet counting is a good thing. This ends my TED Talk.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • ShawDou
    297 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Fleet GP is good. It inflates your gp and gets you into a higher payout division, then also gives you tokens through feats.

It’s not affecting your matchmaking if ships aren’t involved in the event.

Your fleet counting is a good thing. This ends my TED Talk.

We dont know yet if it will affect you or not. Because if you will be matched only with ppl in your division than ppl with more char GP and less fleet GP will have advantage over ppl with less char GP and more fleet GP.
  • Options
    That's not how the new matchmaking works.
  • Options
    They are giving people incentives to build their rosters.....if it's beneficial to tank GP, that's not good for them or the game.
    ShawDou wrote: »

We dont know yet if it will affect you or not. Because if you will be matched only with ppl in your division than ppl with more char GP and less fleet GP will have advantage over ppl with less char GP and more fleet GP.

False. They took ship GP out of matchmaking for GAs with no ships awhile back.
  • Options
    Sorry guys i was thinking that i will only fight people from my division... actually a fight with a lot of people of the division under mine...
  • Options
    Prolly all the matchmaking involving different divisions is because they counted fleet for GAC but not for GA. Having said that, removing fleet GP from matchmaking was a dumb move from CG anyway trying to please all those whiners that complain about everything
  • Options
    There is a bigger issue that is unfair where I the same division different numbers of defenses are set because of ships. In div 3 like me I can never reach higher rankings with 6 defense matches while others have 8 defense matches. As a result I get lower rewards for having good ships. I also promote 33% slower if I act perfectly because there are 33% less total points. This is a huge mistake compounded by people who ignore fleet
  • KateX
    12 posts Member
    Options
    Actually i like the idea of gac, and maybe i don't understand something... but what is the matter of making the divisions considering the fleet power if we can only use the ground characters?

I think it's because this is only an exhibition to test that everything works. For this one week period, it seems wrong because the grand arena IS the championship, and they chose to run a GA map that doesn't include ships. But in the future there will be multiple weeks of GAs, some with ships, that will go into the championship standings. So I'd rather they test now for how it needs to work after this relatively meaningless exhibition.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    They said there would be no ships or 3v3 for the time being.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    The actual GA part itself does not match based on total GP. So for example, I’m in a division based on total GP, due to feats and stuff, but my opponent for this round has 200,000 ship GP more than me, because we have the same character GP. So while total GP is a total measurement of where you're at compared to others, you will only face people with similar distribution of that GP, or just similar useful GP for that event. Does that make sense?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nihion wrote: »
    The actual GA part itself does not match based on total GP. So for example, I’m in a division based on total GP, due to feats and stuff, but my opponent for this round has 200,000 ship GP more than me, because we have the same character GP. So while total GP is a total measurement of where you're at compared to others, you will only face people with similar distribution of that GP, or just similar useful GP for that event. Does that make sense?

Total GP (includes fleet) - used to place players in divisions for rewards. This will be fixed for the whole event (Normally 4 rounds with 1 week off)

Character GP - used for matchmaking when no fleets are involved in the match. Reevaluated after each round (a round being the 3 matches in a single week)
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Total GP (includes fleet) - used to place players in divisions for rewards. This will be fixed for the whole event (Normally 4 rounds with 1 week off)

Character GP - used for matchmaking when no fleets are involved in the match. Reevaluated after each round (a round being the 3 matches in a single week)

Exactly
  • Options

Exactly

This is a major design flaw.

Every GA that has no ships I'm matched vs division 3 people but I need division 2 points to move up Leagues.

This means I have less defense and Offense battles and my league progression is limited in GAC (I only have 6 vs other people with 8)

This is unfair punishment for investing in ships.
  • Options

Exactly

Every GA that has no ships I'm matched vs division 3 people but I need division 2 points to move up Leagues.

This means I have less defense and Offense battles and my league progression is limited in GAC (I only have 6 vs other people with 8)

Dude stop trying to use logic. These are the same cg apologists on every single discussion, it's so bad, just ignore them. Just look at any random discussion, they will always defend cg , no matter what. Even when they are pretending not too early on in the issue.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options

Exactly

Dude stop trying to use logic. These are the same cg apologists on every single discussion, it's so bad, just ignore them. Just look at any random discussion, they will always defend cg , no matter what. Even when they are pretending not too early on in the issue.

I didn’t defend CG here, I simply pointed out the facts. And if you do extensive research, you’ll also find the same complainers in every discussion...
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Angelloyd wrote: »
    Prolly all the matchmaking involving different divisions is because they counted fleet for GAC but not for GA. Having said that, removing fleet GP from matchmaking was a dumb move from CG anyway trying to please all those whiners that complain about everything
    Why was it a dumb move? I've developed my fleet, but I couldn't use it in those Grand Arenas--meanwhile its GP was being used to match me up against people with rosters insanely bigger than mine. What sense does that make?

Unless you're saying not including it in forming divisions for Grand Arenas Championships that don't include ships is a dumb move--in which case I disagree but see your reasoning, so agree to disagree!

Exactly

I don't know. I'm of two minds about it. On the one hand, on the surface level, it sure as hell looks like a disadvantage since you'll progress slower.

But, on the other hand, if they measured just character GP for the tournament you would be in a lower division and get worse rewards.

So either your fleet is hindering your progression or it's inflating your divisional rewards, depending on whether you see the glass has half empty or half full. Like, you're either looking at it from the point of view of a rank 2 person playing against (some) rank 3s and getting rank 3 progress, or you should be a rank 3 player but you're getting rank 2 rewards.

Potentially, since you're being matched down a lower division, you're going to win more, too, and winning each round gives 1000 of whatever we're calling those points. So if you get one more win out of that sub-GA than you would have had you gotten mathched purely against your division, you're profiting a little. That's hard to measure, obviously, because we can't peek into the alternate timeline and see how you would have done. It's also hard to measure because you're still being paired up against people with a comparable roster to yours.

But when all else fails, just figure it the way I do--Everyone's going to get hit by this equally in the long run. You got matched down this time (or you're getting matched up all the time, as I said, half-full/half-empty) but next week will be someone else's turn...
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Angelloyd wrote: »
    Why was it a dumb move? I've developed my fleet, but I couldn't use it in those Grand Arenas--meanwhile its GP was being used to match me up against people with rosters insanely bigger than mine. What sense does that make?

Unless you're saying not including it in forming divisions for Grand Arenas Championships that don't include ships is a dumb move--in which case I disagree but see your reasoning, so agree to disagree!

Exactly

I don't know. I'm of two minds about it. On the one hand, on the surface level, it sure as hell looks like a disadvantage since you'll progress slower.

But, on the other hand, if they measured just character GP for the tournament you would be in a lower division and get worse rewards.

So either your fleet is hindering your progression or it's inflating your divisional rewards, depending on whether you see the glass has half empty or half full. Like, you're either looking at it from the point of view of a rank 2 person playing against (some) rank 3s and getting rank 3 progress, or you should be a rank 3 player but you're getting rank 2 rewards.

Potentially, since you're being matched down a lower division, you're going to win more, too, and winning each round gives 1000 of whatever we're calling those points. So if you get one more win out of that sub-GA than you would have had you gotten mathched purely against your division, you're profiting a little. That's hard to measure, obviously, because we can't peek into the alternate timeline and see how you would have done. It's also hard to measure because you're still being paired up against people with a comparable roster to yours.

But when all else fails, just figure it the way I do--Everyone's going to get hit by this equally in the long run. You got matched down this time (or you're getting matched up all the time, as I said, half-full/half-empty) but next week will be someone else's turn...

First off no one is matched down I fight people with equal character GP so I have no advantage getting points or winning my battles. both me and opponent had 2.5m gp.

Secondly people with less character GP than me got to place 8 teams in matchups vs opponents who also invested a lot in toons. Guys with 2.2 or 2.3m gp.

So the determining factor in me placing 6 vs their 8 was simply matchmaking.

Everyone getting hit by this in the long run is correct so its fair to everyone in that sense.

I just expected the PvP competitive mode to actually be competitive and not determined by how many times I can avoid a limiting matchup of 6 areas and actually get to place 8 teams.

There's no strategy at all in that. Just give me a Sim button and call it PvP if that's the
    Best level competition they can do.