AAT sim with GAC

SCCH
62 posts Member
GAC is coming and many of us are excited with it. New content, new game mode, lot's of fun incoming but also a higher time investment. I think it is the perfect time to sim the AAT.

If you asked me I would also say sim the sith raid but I understand that is more controversial. But AAT is highly out of date and will be even more after g13. Still, a solo requires 30-40' and it's not even 100% auto. Perfect timing for the simulation!

Replies

• Your points contradict your suggestion
  • usArmyJedi wrote: »
    Your points contradict your suggestion

No it doesn't. I still disagree tho, simming it just like rancor will probably come with a huge reduction of tokens and gear for the top spots. I prefer to spend a few minutes to get more than those who score 0
  • usArmyJedi wrote: »
    Your points contradict your suggestion

No it doesn't. I still disagree tho, simming it just like rancor will probably come with a huge reduction of tokens and gear for the top spots. I prefer to spend a few minutes to get more than those who score 0

Yes they do. The reason the Rancor went to Sim is that pretty much anyone playing it would pick a team, press auto and it would solo itself within 10 minutes. It was no longer a case of who could and could not form a solo team, it became a case of who was online at the time damage opened.

OP himself states that this is not the case in HAAT, as great mods and some luck is required for a full auto, and even then it's not a guarantee. We are getting <10 soloing the tank each raid. I haven't kept an accurate tally, but I am doubtful that more than 15-20 of my guild (200MGP+) would be able to solo the tank, even if they could be bothered to do it.

When Tank scores become a binary affair, either 48M+ or 0, then they should make it simmable. Until then, like you rightly point out, I will always endeavour to play it, even if it is just a p2/3/4 auto with the JTR / Finn squad.
  • SCCH
    62 posts Member
    Well, I am honestly inconmesurably bored by the raids once they are beaten too easily. Just the same mechanics over and over and over and its not even fast or full auto. Yet you are kind of forced to play them if you want reasonable rewards. If they add the option to sim you aat lovers can still play it.
  • as said above, the reason The Pit was made simmable was absolutely not because people were bored with it.

It was made simmable because all anyone ever did was load a team, press auto and collect rewards 1hr 8 mins later.

That’s not what’s currently the case in AAT. You’ll have to endure the tedium for a good while longer.
  • SCCH
    62 posts Member
    Using your logic they will never sim the aat. Full auto have only been achieved with tm loops (the old zfinn) and it would require a very specific set of characters with an specific set of kits to solo auto the 4 phases, with their different mechanics.

But it is clear that even if they eventually introduce this type of team it will necessarily take a long time and not 5’ like rancor.

G13 will for sure make things easier in terms of dps output and surviving an enrage, but let’s see to which extent.

If they are waiting for the aat to be ‘rancorized’ then it will never be simmed (or not in a long time), but i doubt the devs follow the same logic as you. If they do, i find an extremely poor idea to insist on maintaining boring old content which is also time consuming when there is a ton of new shiny funny content.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    SCCH wrote: »
    GAC is coming and many of us are excited with it. New content, new game mode, lot's of fun incoming but also a higher time investment. I think it is the perfect time to sim the AAT.

How is the same amount of GA rounds a higher time investment? You do realize, that GAC will be replacing GA, right?
  • SCCH
    62 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    SCCH wrote: »

How is the same amount of GA rounds a higher time investment? You do realize, that GAC will be replacing GA, right?

Not really, as far as I understand. The 5 week events imply one GA after another, non stop. That surely means more GAs than before, where we had several days without anything. In any case it is clear that the devs are going towards a more competitive PvP environment, which I love, but without finding a way of reducing time investemnt in other parts fo the game it could be hard to do everything.