Do something about mods if you want a competitive mode

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Paranoia is a leading cause of balding head you know.

CPJbwU1WcAEcICF.png:large
  • TVF
    36597 posts Member
    Options
    Tbirds01 wrote: »
    I love how @TVF changes the subject as soon as someone challenges what he claims. Proves how biased and unrealistic/idealistic his views are and he only holds them because he is not in that situation.

@Baldhead !! Are you ignoring what I wrote above, or can you not be anything other than a troll? Please use a little self control. You had your argument, you made your point, we all understand it. Malak is p2w and anyone who doesn’t have him loses. We get it.
    TVF wrote: »
    Tbirds01 wrote: »
    Can we keep this thread as a place to share our excitement, and not argue about p2w, revan, malak, or teasing bald heads? Bald heads are beautiful.

Men don't back out of challenge cause someone said let's keep it focused. It was too convenient for him. Still no guts

The irony, oh the irony.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    iwd19xz9qr8v.jpg

How about type 2 and type 3 players? I'll stay out of the statistics side of it and just say that the luck associated with obtaining the five right mods has overly defined the current arena meta.

Or they just farm more slicing stuff to take Grey, green, blue and purple ones up....
    You can focus on 6dot or maximizing your speed. That's on you

@evoluza Umm - 6 dotting your mods doesn't require mod energy at this point because of GA rewards. The choice you referenced doesn't really exist. I mean, maybe you don't win enough GAs so it does for you. I dunno.

Simply looking at these numbers without knowing which of those mods are gold / purple / green can't tell you anything about player behavior and the role it plays in mod inventory.

But if you're saying player behavior can play a role..Take this pretty egregious example.
    yobac1ebjrzl.jpg
    Account on the left has spent some effort on mods as indicated by the number of 10+ mods (hard to say without looking at GP, right?). Account on the right has a significantly higher percentage of mods that have hit for 15. "I don't roll speed often, but when I do, I hit it at least three times." So what does that say about player behvior?

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING because they're both me. One account has a horseshoe placed somewhere, the other really has to work at it.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Account on the left has spent some effort on mods as indicated by the number of 10+ mods (hard to say without looking at GP, right?). Account on the right has a significantly higher percentage of mods that have hit for 15. "I don't roll speed often, but when I do, I hit it at least three times." So what does that say about player behvior?
    ABSOLUTELY NOTHING because they're both me. One account has a horseshoe placed somewhere, the other really has to work at it.

Now show us your 3rd account =D
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

Now show us your 3rd account =D

Ha! It's hideous. But somehow got Padme at five stars. :shrug:
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Anyway, to get an idea of how (un)lucky someone got with mods you do have to compare them to others.
    10+ is a reasonably good indicator of how much resources went into mods due to luck having the least influence on those. From there you can compare the amount of 10+ mods to the amount of 15/20/25+ mods to gauge luck.
    It's by no means a foolproof method since it doesn't account for farming/slicing strategy. So there's always that. While i'm not even sure i'm using the most optimal strategy given my goals and resources, so i generally assume others don't know either. On top of that I've seen too many people who are sure they're doing every right while they lack basic knowledge about the game to just assume everyone complaining about mod luck is using a solid farming/slicing strategy.
    fwiw, i do believe the account on the left has below average luck across the board and the account on the right mainly got lucky with the 20/25+ mods.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    This game essentially boils down to two things 1. Managing your resources and 2. Mitigating RNG. without the first you cannot do the second.

The resource management discussion has been going on forever, so I won't touch on that, but mitigating RNG comes down to taking advantage of fixed opportunities (such as the shipments) and farming in large numbers. You can begin to level out some of the randomness through these means, but it will never really be equal across all accounts...

Some may scream, "but that's not fair!" And while that's a natural reaction, l argue it is fair, just not equal. We all have the same opportunities in the game. We can all spend money if we wish. That doesn't mean that our lives outside the game will allow us to, but we all have the same opportunity. I liken it to missing your arena payout because life was in the way. Sure it doesn't feel great that someone else did better than you because they had time to play that day and you didn't, but that doesn't make it unfair.

Lessening the RNG with mods would lead to the game becoming very stale very quickly in my opinion. Most top end teams would be running the same stats, so it would almost be equivalent to being modless again. Since the AI is dumb as rocks, you could just go into GAC matches, play the mirror matches, and win each and every time. Mods are the only way two opponents characters can be different, which adds to the strategy of this highly competitive mode!

TLDR: fair and equal are different, I like RNG on mods
  • Options
    The solution that is best from a pure gameplay perspective is simple. Increase the value of the other stats. This can either be done by literally increasing their value (as they did once, but it wasn’t near drastic enough) or design more characters that don’t need to go first, and may benefit from other stats over speed. Remember when they promoted mods as allowing us to diversify our characters? That rarely happens. Instead it has just been an endless grind in an impossible quest to maximize our characters based on a single best stat. But of course that grind is what brings in revenue, so while it may not be ideal in terms gameplay, it’s never going to change.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    I understand for the devs it's a revenue stream,.....

Great!
  • Options
    I wouldn't want to play a game where every players' accounts were the same. To me, that would be boring. I like diversity, and RNG gives that diversity in mods. No 2 accounts are the same, and that's a thing to celebrate.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • TVF
    36597 posts Member
    Options
    No 2 accounts are the same

Don't tell that to OP.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    iwd19xz9qr8v.jpg

How about type 2 and type 3 players? I'll stay out of the statistics side of it and just say that the luck associated with obtaining the five right mods has overly defined the current arena meta.

Or they just farm more slicing stuff to take Grey, green, blue and purple ones up....
    You can focus on 6dot or maximizing your speed. That's on you

@evoluza Umm - 6 dotting your mods doesn't require mod energy at this point because of GA rewards. The choice you referenced doesn't really exist. I mean, maybe you don't win enough GAs so it does for you. I dunno.

Simply looking at these numbers without knowing which of those mods are gold / purple / green can't tell you anything about player behavior and the role it plays in mod inventory.

But if you're saying player behavior can play a role..Take this pretty egregious example.
    yobac1ebjrzl.jpg

Both your strategies are wrong,I'd say.
    If you want an circle with more speed, you farm one. You Ned something else farm it.
    Till your best set increased, then work on the overall speed, by farming slicing stuff.

@evoluza Please enlighten me then. You have an inordinate amount of +15 mods compared to your +10s. What's the secret? Do you just cycle through a ton of mods and only keep blues that roll three times?