Say it ain’t so! (GK’s cap ship unlock)

Prev1345
Iy4oy4s
2933 posts Member
Please please please say that screenshot that’s floating around about GK’s cap ship being in the guild event store for GET MK II is NOT real...we have waited sooooo long for a new cap ship and locking it behind the mk II will take forever to get. Plus you have to sacrifice whatever else you want to buy with GET2. 2700 for 10 shards...39,150 for unlock just seems wrong, like every toon now requiring two kyro’s wrong.....this is not the unlock we were looking for.

Replies

• KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Please please please say that screenshot that’s floating around about GK’s cap ship being in the guild event store for GET MK II is NOT real...we have waited sooooo long for a new cap ship and locking it behind the mk II will take forever to get. Plus you have to sacrifice whatever else you want to buy with GET2. 2700 for 10 shards...39,150 for unlock just seems wrong, like every toon now requiring two kyro’s wrong.....this is not the unlock we were looking for.

Pics or it didn’t happen. ;)
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    Options

It's okay my friend this is just another nail in the coffin of swgoh
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    Options
    KyJoe_Cool wrote: »

Pics or it didn’t happen. ;)

Dunno how they feel about that here, look on reddit.

Oh, right. I’ll check it out there then. I haven’t seen any of the pics you mentioned yet.
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    Options
    Just saw it. Looks fake to me.
  • Options
    Even if it's not fake... how would this be any different from the Wampa or HYoda farms?
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    I'd actually be 100% OK with this because it means we won't get a brand new overwhelming Republic fleet meta overnight.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Boros
    507 posts Member
    Options
    Even if it's not fake... how would this be any different from the Wampa or HYoda farms?

Cause you dont get gear 12 finisher with regular guild event currency? Or because wampa and Hyoda arnt meta?? Since devs said they are Putin an end to the days of falcon and houndstooth??
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Hoth TB ran more regularly when it was released instead of twice a month so it made more sense. Plus, you get more currency on Hoth TB compared to Geo TB even at lower stars compared to Geo TB's lower star

The shard to currency ratio is much worse and rough to choose toon / blueprints over gear that will provide more benefit in more game modes (TB, TW, Shard Arena, Fleet Arena, GAC)
  • Options
    There are actually more pros to it being released this way vs cons.
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    unknown.png
  • Mikek
    110 posts Member
    Options
    This is extremely bad decision. People will need millions of that new currency for g12 finishers.
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    Options
    Kenobi's Negotiator is one of the few things I was looking forward to in the game. If does come out that way, it will be a major buzz kill because I know my guild is not capable of performing well enough to enough currency to adequately farm it.
  • Options
    Mikek wrote: »
    This is extremely bad decision. People will need millions of that new currency for g12 finishers.

The game is about choices. This is no different than when the first TB was brought into the game.
  • Options
    I'm not against this. It's a longer grind, but it will prevent people from hoarding GET. I mean, there will be so many things to buy that you won't be able to save up and hoard for new releases etc. It's a good move! Now I won't have to look at 7 star Malaks and GK capital ships right away in GA...
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    LynnYoda wrote: »
    unknown.png

It's laughable how badly faked that is. Regardless of whether the Negotiator is going to the GET store, that picture is just silly.

Edit: failed to think about it maybe being from a beta test account. Still going with it being a fake.
  • Options
    Pic looks fake to me, its impossible to make out what it is compared to the others and 99999 cell salvage?
  • Options
    Looks like a test account to me. Look at the number of Crystals.
  • Options
    Looks like a test account to me. Look at the number of Crystals.

Well yeah. But any pic can be doctored.

That said... this pic is actually legit.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    If it's true, it means Mil F meta for at least a few more months. And frankly, I was expecting something like that - Wat Tambor is the IPT/ROLO equivalent, Geo Alpha is Captain Han/Starck equivalent and where does that leave the Negotiator?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    It's way too small to think either way, I see nothing directly suspectful though. Obviously leaked from a test acc. if it's true.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Totally possible and even most likely.

The first Geo TB is dark side so It wouldn’t make sense to have a light side.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    If it's true, it means Mil F meta for at least a few more months. And frankly, I was expecting something like that - Wat Tambor is the IPT/ROLO equivalent, Geo Alpha is Captain Han/Starck equivalent and where does that leave the Negotiator?

If it's an event 5star unlock, that finishes the ship of with that currency, we can see a meta change really fats, depending how good the negotiator negotiates

Good point, I didn't think of that. It would be in line with the other capitals, but on the other hand, the first 3 are somewhat special simply by being first and Chimaera is Legendary, so there's no real trend to speak of.
  • Dblade21
    168 posts Member
    Options
    Look at the pic... it's at the top of the scroll, but theres no malak, wampa or hoda. It's also under the GET 1, not GET 2. I'm thinking someone grabbed a screenshot from a game changer video, and had some fun with photoshop
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Dblade21 wrote: »
    Look at the pic... it's at the top of the scroll, but theres no malak, wampa or hoda. It's also under the GET 1, not GET 2. I'm thinking someone grabbed a screenshot from a game changer video, and had some fun with photoshop

They could well put GET2 stuff before GET stuff, so Malak, Wampa and Hoda would be somewhere lower.