Number of defensive squads

Prev1
Pentagon
101 posts Member
q5r2gby7gzm1.png

I am 1.3 million without ships
2.0 with.

As we were told that it was without ships, I have modded 9 teams, 8+1 spare.

I now see that I am expected to deploy 5 teams. I assumed that it was taking the ships into account, I have subsequently spoken to a friend who with or without ships is in the bottom tier, and is being asked to deploy 4 teams not 3.

I have briefly searched and apologise if I missed this (Thought I read everything posted on here!) When did the defensive GP table change?
Keyboard Warrior on the side of the Moderates
I play the game for fun, if you don't like content, don't like the game, then why are you here?

Replies

• Options
    That was for Grand Arena. This is Grand Arena Championships. That old table doesn't apply here. We have 11 divisions (i.e., GP brackets) in the GAC, not 5 like GA had.
  • Pentagon
    101 posts Member
    Options
    Where is the GAC division table?
    I play the game for fun, if you don't like content, don't like the game, then why are you here?
  • Options
    Pentagon wrote: »
    Where is the GAC division table?
    Click the carbonite symbol in GAC pages
  • Pentagon
    101 posts Member
    Options
    That just tells me which division I'm in (division 5), I'm clicking everywhere, it doesn't seem to tell me that I'll be deploying 5 squads?

Apologies
  • Options
    I don’t think the table has ever been released.

Shouldn’t be too hard to gather the intelligence now.

Div1 is 8 teams.
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    Options
    q5r2gby7gzm1.png

I am 1.3 million without ships
    2.0 with.

As we were told that it was without ships, I have modded 9 teams, 8+1 spare.

I now see that I am expected to deploy 5 teams. I assumed that it was taking the ships into account, I have subsequently spoken to a friend who with or without ships is in the bottom tier, and is being asked to deploy 4 teams not 3.

I have briefly searched and apologise if I missed this (Thought I read everything posted on here!) When did the defensive GP table change?

1.3 lol lucky you my 900k needs 4 team for defense and 4 for attack too unless its counting my 600k ships as well
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    I don’t think the table has ever been released.

Shouldn’t be too hard to gather the intelligence now.

Div1 is 8 teams.

div2 as well
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    So at the risk of being bitter.

I posted specifically asking if the ship GP would take into account for how many teams I would need. The overall consensus was that they wouldn't- so in my case it would be 8 teams not 10.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/206197/ga-without-ships#latest

So whilst ship gp isn't taken into account when choosing who in your division you fight. it is used for placing you in a division (which is generally a good thing as better prizes) HOWEVER it does mean that you're using more teams.

Having spent a fair bit of time in the last week optimising my mods and teams for 8 not 10. This is a bit of an unpleasant surprise.

I'm not going to throw my toys out of the pram and the communication on the GAC has been spot on - but a line somewhere to say that the defensive team tables were obsolete would have been nice.

• Options
    Since anyone can check global leaderboards, it's already apparent that this is an issue causing a point disparity just in setting defenses across all divisions except maybe div 1.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    How do you know fleet GP is taken into account when determining the amount of def slots. I'm asking because the poster 3 comments above is also in Div1 and only has to set 8 def teams.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    How do you know fleet GP is taken into account when determining the amount of def slots. I'm asking because the poster 3 comments above is also in Div1 and only has to set 8 def teams.

The indication at the moment is that your division sets how many squads you deploy.

Its apparant that overall GP is used for division.

Who had to deploy MORE than 8? There's a few people saying 8 is Div 1/2, I've not seen anyone say 9 or more?

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

The indication at the moment is that your division sets how many squads you deploy.

Its apparant that overall GP is used for division.

Who had to deploy MORE than 8? There's a few people saying 8 is Div 1/2, I've not seen anyone say 9 or more?

ignore my previous comment, i figured it out now. I thought you meant 10 def slots, but you probably meant 10 teams, thus 5 def slots instead of 4.
  • Options
    I'm division 2 and only have to deploy 6 on defence
  • Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    DuneFlint wrote: »
    I'm division 2 and only have to deploy 6 on defence

Which also means you only get 540 banners for setting max D rather than the 720 that everyone else in division 2 gets.

I’m not sure which is better or worse.

Well my opponent is also division 2. I see a division 3 in the bracket though, so i guess that means we deploy 6 the entire GA and not just when facing that person in the lower division?
  • kieltrx
    129 posts Member
    Options
    The number of def slots is probably going to be revised after this gac, especially the discrepancies inside divisions.. or so I hope. Anyways, big surprise to see 8 def slots when I should be having 7..
  • Options
    I would also add that it's somewhat pointless having 'more points' available to the people in higher divisions.

As the leaderboard in guild now shows the people with highest GP at the top, and the people at the bottom with less defensive GP/

Okay winning will add points too, but we already knew who had the highest GP in the guild... saying they are the best when they might lose all their games but still be higher than someone in a lower bracket who won all theres.
  • Options
    I'm in division 2 and had to deploy 6 total (2+2+1+1). Are we sure others in 2 are at 8? If so, I wonder why I'm deploying less than others.
  • Options
    yuuzhanron wrote: »
    I'm in division 2 and had to deploy 6 total (2+2+1+1). Are we sure others in 2 are at 8? If so, I wonder why I'm deploying less than others.

Nevermind, I see this seems to be a common problem. Hopefully they figure this out. Honestly, I liked only deploying 6, but to know there is a problem is unsettling.
  • zegene
    249 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    So it does not divide ships gp even if it does not include ship battles? Wow. They have fixed this and again same **** situation.

I have heavily upgrade my ships and they make me gain too much gp yet i cant use them.

2m toons gp and 1.5 m ships gp. So someone with 2.5 m toon gp and 1 m ships gp has advantage over me...
    Check my collection. Contact me at Discord: zegene#1773
  • Options
    I'm in division 2, 3.85M GP, have always set 6 squads on D in the past. This GA I need to set 8. Also, all 8 people in my group are very close to equal in squad GP, while fleet GP differs. In my case, it looks like they only used squad GP for matchmaking
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    I personally am glad for more squads. It tests roster depth and requires you to dig a little deeper. Thumbs up from me.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    If it helps... I'm div 3 and opponent is div2. We deployed 6, for 540 banners.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    I personally am glad for more squads. It tests roster depth and requires you to dig a little deeper. Thumbs up from me.

Actually it really does make things more interesting. 3 or 4 meta matches is boring, but figuring out how to beat a weird combo, or a meta you haven't played in ages with whatever you happen to have left is pretty fun sometimes.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Actually it really does make things more interesting. 3 or 4 meta matches is boring, but figuring out how to beat a weird combo, or a meta you haven't played in ages with whatever you happen to have left is pretty fun sometimes.

Exactly. Id prefer even more at the higher GP levels.
    Another 2 or 3 teams. Fighting the same FO and BH and Carth teams can be a little stale.

People would come to fear my Ima Gun Di Jedi!
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Exactly. Id prefer even more at the higher GP levels.
    Another 2 or 3 teams. Fighting the same FO and BH and Carth teams can be a little stale.

People would come to fear my Ima Gun Di Jedi!

Quick: best CUP counter? Too late, you're dead!
  • Options
    zegene wrote: »
    So it does not divide ships gp even if it does not include ship battles? Wow. They have fixed this and again same **** situation.

I have heavily upgrade my ships and they make me gain too much gp yet i cant use them.

2m toons gp and 1.5 m ships gp. So someone with 2.5 m toon gp and 1 m ships gp has advantage over me...

Tell us about that advantage.
    We are being matched within the GA round with opponents around the same character GP.
    Total GP is only factored in GAC division that has nothing to do with who you are being matched with.
  • Karlito
    58 posts Member
    Options
    Div4 : 6 squads to deploy in defence. Some ppl in the div have more : 540+125 = 665 but some ppl also have 575, number I can't figure out ! (More squads?)
  • Options
    I have 3.9m total GP, 2.32m land GP. I am in Div 2 and deploying 8 defense teams.

I have at least 6 other guildmates who have higher total and land GP than me, also in Div 2, but are deploying only 6 defense teams. One of them is similar to me, undefeated in all previous GAs. Another one has more zetas than me. Quite a number of them have more G12s than me. So being undefeated, number of zetas, or number of G12s doesn't seem to be the issue

What is going on?