Division scores incorrect

Prev1
FRTM
6 posts Member
I noticed in Division 3 that a few guys are getting a score of 720 due to deploying teams (corresponding to 8 teams deployed) while most people from Division 3 deploy only 6 teams (corresponding to a score of 540). Is this really meant to be this way or is this a bug? Isn’t it unfair that few people have an advantage of 180 points because they can deploy more teams, inside the same division? Shouldn’t everyone in the same Division deploy the same number of teams and get the same score from it? (Obs.: the guys with 665 have got 540 from deploying and 125 from the fleet arena feat).
@CG_SBCrumb

plqrl6400tx2.jpeg

Replies

• I'm wondering the exact same thing, would love to hear the explanation especially since they said the goal is to climb the ranks based on your score
  • Yeah, same...I'm at 540 and despite doing all I'm asked, I'm losing...don't like it.
  • FRTM
    6 posts Member
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    If you can't deploy the max, you aren't the best. Working as intended.

All the guys that have a 720 score so far are a bit over 3.8M GP. Seems like they went above the 3.8 cutoff between Divisions 3 and 2 after the Division snapshot, at the start of the championship, but before GA round lock. Seems like, in GAC, the cutoff for the number of teams deployed is 3.8M. This way these guys are deploying like everyone in Division 2, but are competing at Division 3. This benefits everyone that is right under the cutoff and goes higher than it after the Division snapshot and everyone else is in disavantadge. It is unfair, in my opinion.

• Seems like people are getting paired against other divisions, which is allowing extra deployments.
  • This is an EPIC failure. Huge swaths of players are essentially prohibited from winning their division based solely on their GP.

Please address this patent unfairness @CG_SBCrumb.
  • Xuce
    1 posts Member
    This is a problem. I have no control over who I’m matched up against and because they are in Division 5 and I’m in Division 4 I have lower possible score than others in my Division. Even if I get the best score possible I will be behind because due to no fault of my own.
  • Same for me, the top in my division is at 845..... I got 540 for deployment and 125 for 15 fleet battles..... the highest score I can possibly have at this point is 665.... I don’t get it
  • I’m division 2 and was only aloud to deploy 6 squads total.... I thought it was suppose to be 8
  • I’m division 2 and was only aloud to deploy 6 squads total.... I thought it was suppose to be 8

Same. 6 teams 5v5.
  • a7768xa0phub.jpg

Was trying to figure this out but yeah there are people in div 4 that get an extra defense set.

450 + another 90 for extra defense = 540 then those that finished the fleet are at 665. The 540 go all the way down to top 50.

I thought they said if a 4 and 3 would battle it would be the 3 that had to set less defenses not the 4 would have to set more.
  • So talking with another guild mate also in division 4 he had to set 6 teams but he is set up against someone else in division 4. How ever he is 25k way from the 2.75M bracket from previous GA for setting 6 teams. So my guess it not because there are matched up against someone in a higher division their GP is falling into the high GA bracket since division 4 splits the 5 and 6 team GA bracket team placements, which seems like they may have adjusted the GA team brackets a bit also.
  • This is a issue in Division 2 as well. The current implementation allows for differences in the number of max banners you can receive across your division setting up many players with an advantage/disadvantage in their division.

For example in div 2 (3.8-4.5)
    -if you have ~3.8-4.0 setting a defense yields 540 banners
    -if you have ~4.0-4.5 setting a defense yields 720 banners
    (I haven’t verified the exact gp where this separation occurs, so the threshold is estimated)
    Div1 does not have this problem, but it is an issue with Div2 and below.
    See pic
    7k17zimqjvcu.jpeg

While i agree it is important to vary the number teams you set on defense based upon - by not aligning the divisions with the number of teams set on defense internally divides the division and immediately sets a large portion of players at a banner disadvantage. This does not appear to be a fair or balanced playing field.
  • Thryss wrote: »

Nope, I am 3.9m GP and deploying 8 defense teams to get 720 banners. I have multiple guildmates at 4.1 to 4.2m GP who only have to deploy 6 defense teams and only have 540 banners.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Divisions are based on total GP (character + fleet).

But this squad-only GA is matched on character GP so we are going to see a lot of inter-Division matches.
  • I believe that the division you are in is based on total GP. However, as this is a character only GA, the matchmaking and number of squads deployed are based on character GP.
  • Thryss
    8 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    KirKanos82 wrote: »
    Thryss wrote: »

Nope, I am 3.9m GP and deploying 8 defense teams to get 720 banners. I have multiple guildmates at 4.1 to 4.2m GP who only have to deploy 6 defense teams and only have 540 banners.

Thanks for the info, but I believe you missed the fact that I said the numbers are estimates which was also reinforced by my use of “~”. This is interesting as it may indicate that is is more likely based upon character gp, but still does not change the fact that there is a imbalance of max banners within a division.
  • Thryss wrote: »

Thanks for the info, but I believe you missed the fact that I said the numbers are estimates which was also reinforced by my use of “~”. This is interesting as it may indicate that is is more likely based upon character gp, but still does not change the fact that there is a imbalance of max banners within a division.

I believe you missed my point entirely. I have lower total GP and lower character GP than my guildmates, significantly less, 300k for GP and 100k for character GP. However, they are deploying 6 teams while I deploy 8 teams
  • KirKanos82 wrote: »
    Thryss wrote: »

I believe you missed my point entirely. I have lower total GP and lower character GP than my guildmates, significantly less, 300k for GP and 100k for character GP. However, they are deploying 6 teams while I deploy 8 teams

I did miss your point. Given the number of teams set on defense should be based upon the lowest of both opponents - Can you post / compare yours and the opponent gps? That might clarify it....else I dont have a good explanation on what is driving the difference. Cheers.

Either way, the differences in banners within a division appeared to be an issue in fairness. Hoping CG will explain this.
  • pånøs
    152 posts Member
    Division 5 same issue. People having head start.
  • ShawDou
    297 posts Member
    Thing is, divisions are JUST REWARD BRACKETS, you dont compete against ppl in your division at all, you fight against your GA opponents. And since number of teams is not counted by the divisions but by the character GP some ppl set 4, some 5 and so on => diference in the people score.

And here come the main FLAW in this thing. Since all divisions need same mount of the points to advance to next league it means that higher divisions will probably have it easier to advance since they will get more point because they can set/beat more teams. that should be adressed.
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    Could you not copy / paste that post in every relevant thread? One time reading it is enough.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • ShawDou
    297 posts Member
    Why not if pretty much all these threads are about same thing :p
  • All the problem they are facing is because they don't count Ship GP on matchmaking. If they did, divisions wouldn't be a problem. So it was all those whiners fault for complaining and making CG change that
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    ShawDou wrote: »
    Why not if pretty much all these threads are about same thing :p

Two wrongs don't make a right.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Angelloyd wrote: »
    All the problem they are facing is because they don't count Ship GP on matchmaking. If they did, divisions wouldn't be a problem. So it was all those whiners fault for complaining and making CG change that
    Matchmaking on total GP when only characters were in play was even dumber than your post.
  • avins
    32 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Really can't all of you complaining just wait 24-48 hours so you can deploy the other 3 teams against your second opponent, and get the feat reward??? please use your brain before talking about unfairness.