GA/TW - Splitting Bastila from JKR

For a long time now, a go to of mine has been to split Bastila from JKRevan so I've got two decent Jedi teams for defence in GA and TW. However with the GR becoming a power house faction I've found deciding who goes with who a real conundrum. GR takes out GK/JKA/Ashoka, CLS rebels takes Old Ben and OR takes Juhanni. With those gone there's not much left.
There's some toons that need to stick with Revan but also having a tank to protect Jolee offers a greater chance of holding on defence. However the most natural Jedi tanks are used elsewhere. Without another Jedi tank and/or a Mace Windu rework I am struggling to split my remaining Jedi.

What's the best way to split Jedi between Bastila and JKRevan to get the most out of them??(Mainly defence minded)

With who I have geared etc I run the following but I often shift them around:
- JKRevan(L) / GMY / Jolee / Hoda / Ezra
- Bastila (L) / Windu / Plo Koon / QJG / Zarris

Replies

• Charlo999
    212 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Use clone wars chewie in GR for GK also put Zariss in GR.
    Swap Ezra for GK in revan squad.
    Run bastilla with Ezra, alya, plo, qgj. Although if you can replace juhanni in your OR squad and swap out QGJ or plo it would be better.
  • Corrog
    308 posts Member
    I wouldn't try for 3 good teams with Jedi, but if I had to, this is what I'd do:

Revan leading Juhani, Jolee, Zarriss, and Ezra

Bastila leading Hoda, Mace, Aayla, and GM Yoda

Padme leading GK, JKA, Ahsoka, and QGJ. Possibly CWC instead of QGJ, depending on the situation.
  • JKA, Ahsoka, Zarriss, Secura, Clone Chewie tank

Revan, Real Bindu, GMY, Hoda, GK

Bastila, Plo, QGJ, Ezra, Juhanni.

Your Rebels should be CLS, Han, Chewie, R2, 3PO.

That frees Ben to tank for another Jedi team if you have more GR Jedi you want to play with like I’m Gunna Die, Ethan Hilfagger, Mace, Kannan, Lum and JC.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Putting Plo in place of Kenobi on the Revan squad works well, at least according to a video I watched. He can even be pretty slow. So you can probably swap him out for Bastilla too.
  • You gotta put Aayla in there somewhere. She is pretty good and might be getting a rework soon
  • Just my opinion but this is what I'm aiming for.

JKR, GMY, Jolee, Hoda, Juhani
    Bastila, Ezra, Kanan, Wampa, 5th jedi tank (e.g. Mace) or Zarriss
    Padme, GK, Anakin, Ahsoka, 3P0
    Carth, Candy, Mission, Zaalbar, Nest/Any Pre-taunting tank

Reasoning, juhani isn't needed on a Carth team. Nest is better than her and any other pretaunting tank in the game will be just as useful. JKR on Defense wants a tank like you said (less important on offense) and Juhani also gives extra stats to the team being OR.

You want Kanan on a bastila lead team as he supplements the protection up and you want ezra in there for damage and small synergy with kanan. Wampa is just there to wreck things and provide AOE damage which is severely lacking in bastila squads and without something extra like wampa your opponent wont pause for thought before loading up nest on her own to take out your whole bastila squad for 63 points. You can use QGJ or Aayla if not facing a good nest though (aayla is great under bastila lead as she's harder to daze or stun).

If you are using padme on defense it has to be the 4 standard + 3P0 otherwise palatine kills her easily. If you are modding carefully and practicing you can use her on offense with 3P0 against Darth Revan or Zarriss against Jedi Revan.