Looking into issue with Grand Arena Championship

Replies

• Also, 5. You've cut back our rewards once again. And the promised fairer matchmaking that doesn't punish us for filling up our rosters is nowhere to be seen. I'm facing opponents with 2.5 as many raids as myself. It appears that matchmaking is solely based on GP, which you guys supposedly wanted to get away from.
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    OldBoy wrote: »
    Beyol wrote: »
    You know you complainers sound so childish. Why don't you get a job doing this and play your own game if this one bothers you that much. Childish.

Yeah, it's strange expecting a multi-million dollar business to get it right!

The definition of insanity may apply here. All players expecting CG to get a release to work are insane, expecting different results than what we have seen with EVERY release
  • CG_Erik wrote: »
    Hi all,

We’re aware of the issue where the Grand Arena appears to have progressed to the Review phase instead of the Attack phase and are investigating. Will update when we know more!

Erik
    Rewards for everybody :) I’m think send us 20 zetas because no arena for a whole month and fleet shipments no zetas, with 500 Crystals and bronze ranking plus fleet coins. Thank you for your hard work on this game :)
    I Lift Alot
  • digital_jedi
    11 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Also stuck in review, with no attack phase. I'm in division 8, but matched up with a division 9 opponent. Was this tested before it was released??
  • OldBoy
    33 posts Member
    Obi1_son wrote: »
    OldBoy wrote: »
    Beyol wrote: »
    You know you complainers sound so childish. Why don't you get a job doing this and play your own game if this one bothers you that much. Childish.

Yeah, it's strange expecting a multi-million dollar business to get it right!

The definition of insanity may apply here. All players expecting CG to get a release to work are insane, expecting different results than what we have seen with EVERY release

Even with bad RNG one can hope they get at least one release right lol

• TVF
    36578 posts Member
    Also, 5. You've cut back our rewards once again. And the promised fairer matchmaking that doesn't punish us for filling up our rosters is nowhere to be seen. I'm facing opponents with 2.5 as many raids as myself. It appears that matchmaking is solely based on GP, which you guys supposedly wanted to get away from.

First time I've seen anyone complain about raids completed as a metric....
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Will you be reseting leaderboards and lifetime totals?
  • tj5270
    177 posts Member
    CG_Erik wrote: »
    Hi all,

We’re aware of the issue where the Grand Arena appears to have progressed to the Review phase instead of the Attack phase and are investigating. Will update when we know more!

Erik

More double drop “events” here we come.... :neutral:
  • Zacchius wrote: »
    In my case the opponent deployed 0 teams and there was no auto deploy. So I cannot complete quests......Rewards are really good and I would not like to not be able to collect them. And of course I cannot increase my arena score doing battles.
    The same for me, with the added bonus of immediately seeing the review phase for the next 5 days according to the timer! I wonder how your fix is going to look like, especially since some people are obviously able to earn the new currency already while most can’t!!!

• UdalCuain
    5009 posts Member
    A fair few in my guild have gone straight to review but I've had no problems. Managed to do my 8 battles without issue. Strange how it's affecting some and not others.
  • I mean whatever for me but imagine being someone who pays thousands. That would be unacceptable
  • Does not work for me.
  • Ruark_Icefire
    856 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Kluge wrote: »
    This is the kind of stuff that should get people fired. But hey, at least we'll get some more double drops to make up for the lost rewards.

If programmers got fired every time a bug went live there would be not programmers left.
  • tj5270 wrote: »
    CG_Erik wrote: »
    Hi all,

Erik

More double drop “events” here we come.... :neutral:

Now thats a good one.
  • Has no one read his most recent update? They’re canceling this one 😂
  • TVF wrote: »
    Also, 5. You've cut back our rewards once again. And the promised fairer matchmaking that doesn't punish us for filling up our rosters is nowhere to be seen. I'm facing opponents with 2.5 as many raids as myself. It appears that matchmaking is solely based on GP, which you guys supposedly wanted to get away from.

It's an indicator of total time played assuming that both players have spent their entire time in guilds with close to 50 players and a 600 tickets / day requirement. It's a pretty safe bet that someone with double my raid counter also has been playing for approx. twice as long, with all the gear- and zeta-related advantages that come with additional playtime.
  • Why did the rewards go from 3 Zetas for 1st down to 2 Zetas for 1st. I got absolutely 0 Zetas during double drops AND a 4 million for credit heist. The 6.99 package jumped to 7.99. Is it just me or is this virtual inflation?
  • OldBoy
    33 posts Member
    If it didn't have Star Wars in the name, it would have failed long ago
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Strubz wrote: »
    My question if they can't fix it and have to cancel, this new currency is quite valuable. People able to attack can do feats and claim currency while others cannot. What's their plan for that?

Probably best to just reset everyone to where they were before the attack phase began?
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

It's an indicator of total time played assuming that both players have spent their entire time in guilds with close to 50 players and a 600 tickets / day requirement. It's a pretty safe bet that someone with double my raid counter also has been playing for approx. twice as long, with all the gear- and zeta-related advantages that come with additional playtime.

So you want gear and zeta matchmaking then.

Doesn't make any sense to tie it to raids, but whatever.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Darth_DeVito
    1232 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    @CG_Erik Since you're canceling this GA, you need to reset the championship score. Without punishing people for completing the fleet battles ahead of time since some of us spent crystals to do so. The next GA needs to have better matchmaking within a single division, not across different divisions like this time, as well as autodeploy for all missing defense teams (even when people set one defense squad manually). Anything else royally messes up our championship scores.
  • The whole point of this first GAC was to get the bugs out and able to be fixed... Complaining doesn’t help, well... it does kinda help, but not loads.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Eric says they are discussing compensation since this round is a wash. Zetas and high level mod slicing material like what we would have gotten from regular gran arena would be great. The double drops didn't quite cover it.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Few people in my shard were able to get in have restarting and trying to get into GA a few times
  • Kluge wrote: »
    This is the kind of stupid _____ that should get people fired. (insert PG-13 word for excrement since you can't say **** in the forums). But hey, at least we'll get some more double drops to make up for the lost rewards.

If programmers got fired every time a bug went live there would be not programmers left.

This is not a bug. This is putting out such an inferior product that it can not work on the most rudimentary of levels. In my and anyone elses business you get one chance to impress because if you don't your clientele will go elsewhere. CG and their crew of just out of college millennials do not get that basic principle of business yet.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    This was an exhibition for exactly this reason. They will give us free stuff, and fix it, and then it will start again. No big deal. Patience.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    @CG_Erik Since you're canceling this GA, you need to reset the championship score. Without punishing people for completing the fleet battles ahead of time since some of us spent crystals to do so. The next GA needs to have better matchmaking within a single division, not across different divisions like this time, as well as autodeploy for all missing defense teams (even when people set one defense squad manually). Anything else royally messes up our championship scores.
    Championship score does not carry over from championship to championship.

As to your point on matchmaking? Making divisions a hard line across which the matchmaking system cannot cross makes it a more gameable system that rewards maintaining your GP just below a cutoff line in order to farm more vulnerable opponents and cut off stronger opponents, while punishing people just above that same line by limiting them to harder opponents. It introduces a wrestling style incentive for spitting in a cup all day before weigh-ins.

Making it a soft line which the matchmaking algorithm can match across reduces the degree to which the system can be gamed in that way. Not eliminate, no, but definitely reduce.
    Still not a he.
  • Nasdadjr wrote: »
    Kluge wrote: »
    This is the kind of stupid _____ that should get people fired. (insert PG-13 word for excrement since you can't say **** in the forums). But hey, at least we'll get some more double drops to make up for the lost rewards.

This is not a bug. This is putting out such an inferior product that it can not work on the most rudimentary of levels. In my and anyone elses business you get one chance to impress because if you don't your clientele will go elsewhere. CG and their crew of just out of college millennials do not get that basic principle of business yet.

That may be the case, but you need to go through multiple lines of code after typing it... you are bound to miss something, or you type one bit of code that stops another line from working. In your line of business, you make a mistake your clientele might leave, so if you aren’t happy with the product CG has provided you with, after stating they are looking into it, then leave. At least they are trying to fix the issue, as if they knew what the issue was, don’t you think it would have been sorted by now?
  • @CG_Erik Since you're canceling this GA, you need to reset the championship score. Without punishing people for completing the fleet battles ahead of time since some of us spent crystals to do so. The next GA needs to have better matchmaking within a single division, not across different divisions like this time, as well as autodeploy for all missing defense teams (even when people set one defense squad manually). Anything else royally messes up our championship scores.
    Why the hell would you refresh fleet battle? (except getting higher rank, which is not related to this GA)
    You had 7 days to do 15 battles. You can do 5 battles per day for free. This waste is on players who want to show their big muscles, not CG.