How will gear 12 finishers effect ships?

Outside of gear, mods and zeta level skills there isn't much else a toon has to offer that directly effect a ship's power. With gear 12 finishers offering stat boosts along with aid from mods how will all this effect the ships in the future?

Replies

• The main benefit will be on cap ships I think. The possibility of a 1 or 2 point speed gain will allow your cap ship to get it ulitmate of first consistantly. Other stats will incease, but the small speed boosts to cap ships (and normal fighter ships) will be the main benefit I believe.
  • GuanIsHere wrote: »
    The main benefit will be on cap ships I think. The possibility of a 1 or 2 point speed gain will allow your cap ship to get it ulitmate of first consistantly. Other stats will incease, but the small speed boosts to cap ships (and normal fighter ships) will be the main benefit I believe.

Yea but in ackbar’s case where max gear and 6* mods are required for 179 speed, theres a chance the finisher does not increase the speed further.
  • Probably a lot. Any type of advantage is what CG counts on for people to spend money. I gave Bistan and pathfinder their g12.5 just to be 1 speed faster than my fleet shard. So you can imagine what a finisher will do.
  • exsul
    44 posts Member
    GuanIsHere wrote: »
    The main benefit will be on cap ships I think. The possibility of a 1 or 2 point speed gain will allow your cap ship to get it ulitmate of first consistantly. Other stats will incease, but the small speed boosts to cap ships (and normal fighter ships) will be the main benefit I believe.

Yea but in ackbar’s case where max gear and 6* mods are required for 179 speed, theres a chance the finisher does not increase the speed further.

But in Ackbar’s meta it’s better to have slower Ackbar then ur enemy so you will be able to win the match a lot faster
  • exsul wrote: »

But in Ackbar’s meta it’s better to have slower Ackbar then ur enemy so you will be able to win the match a lot faster

It depends on the play style of the person. Some people swear by Bistan's ship even though it leaves them extremely vulnerable on defense, so if the opponent is not using Hound's Tooth then having a slower Home One is not necessarily as big of an advantage.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Affect. Just saying
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    exsul wrote: »

I dont agree with this....faster ackbar gets my reinforcement faster which equals a dead hans falcon.