Do not *fix* ship challenges

Prev13
Gair
616 posts Member
edited June 2019
Got my 2 zeta per sim. Leave as it is. Only 1 per sim was a slap in the face anyway.

Edit: How about removing the 40% chance at zero, and keeping the 10% chance at 2? Happy medium.
Post edited by Gair on

Replies

• Gair wrote: »
    Got my 2 zeta per sim. Leave as it is. Only 1 per sim was a slap in the face anyway.

That's not how it works. You can still get 2 the idea is that you don't get 0
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Gair wrote: »

4 you mean

5yure808ccop.jpg

4 you mean

5yure808ccop.jpg

I meant per attempt. Plus you may have gotten 2 this time but most times you're getting 2-0 so if you are guaranteed to get at least 2 you're way better off. Even if they made it strictly 1 per attempt it would be better that 0-2 over time.
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member

No they're changing it from 0-2 to 1-1
  • swgohfan29 wrote: »

No they're changing it from 0-2 to 1-1

That's way better than what it is now. Statistically you're way more likely to end up with 0-1 than 3-4 so I would say it's definitely better because over time you will definitely get more
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    [qu4 you mean

4 you mean

5yure808ccop.jpg

I meant per attempt. Plus you may have gotten 2 this time but most times you're getting 2-0 so if you are guaranteed to get at least 2 you're way better off. Even if they made it strictly 1 per attempt it would be better that 0-2 over time.

There's probably a lot of math involved that neither of us has bothered doing.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    The only math that matters is the reality you will never get 4 again. That doesnt sit well when it's a permanent correction and zeta requirements are going up.
  • Do we know what the % drop rate is?

Is it 25% like Gear from LS/DS Nodes?

If it is, then I'd take 100% Chance at 1 v/s 25% Chance at 2 any day.

I think the question is what is it currently set at?
  • mali3538
    105 posts Member
    I got 0 from last 10 sims....6 were double drops, and 4 after...so...i would like 1 as minimum... And yeah i died inside cause of this... This shouldn't be WAI, it cant be entertaining game related, only torture device...
  • I haven’t gotten a TOTAL of 4 this entire month from the challenges, so I’m a-ok with the 1 per sim change.

Somebody already did the math in another thread. You get more per week from a permanent 1 per sim than the chance of 0-2.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Do we know what the % drop rate is?

Is it 25% like Gear from LS/DS Nodes?

If it is, then I'd take 100% Chance at 1 v/s 25% Chance at 2 any day.

I think the question is what is it currently set at?

That's a really good question actually. I think everyone felt like a double drop had some hidden factor of double rolling 0,1,2, which essentially added an extra possible 0 roll.

Sure felt like a static 2 today. Which actually felt rewarding. Cant really remember the last reward that felt rewarding?
  • Last I read/heard the 2 drop is set around 10%
  • 10% 2 zeta
    50% 1 zeta
    40% 0 zeta

Were the observed drop rates in someone’s study on reddit.

Over a month that comes out as 16.8 zetas average. We will now get 24.

Another survey that lasted longer measured a daily drop of just over 1 zeta total from both attempts. We will now get 2.

This isn’t up for debate - fixed 1 is better than what we have right now.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    anything not integrated is up for discussion. Infact..

90% - 1
    10% - 2

Sounds like a dang good alternative.
  • Did you miss the mega threads 2 weeks ago?

They have announced what they’re doing. It’s better than what we have.
  • Lonach
    87 posts Member
    In my country we say : “one bird in the hand is better than ten in the air”. Definitely a fixed 1 zeta is better than the possibility of eventually getting 2 and the almost certainty of getting 0.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Did you miss the mega threads 2 weeks ago?

That depends on how you look at it. People with bad RNG it is better. People with good RNG it is worse.

Removing a chance at 0 was a no brainer thing to do. My issue is if 0 was 40% and that's the problem. Why are we removing the 10% for 2? Throw us a bone for once.

That depends on how you look at it. People with bad RNG it is better. People with good RNG it is worse.

Removing a chance at 0 was a no brainer thing to do. My issue is if 0 was 40% and that's the problem. Why are we removing the 10% for 2? Throw us a bone for once.

You say this as if people have permanent bad or good RNG. There is no permanent bad or good, there is only RNG.

So you got 4 today. How many other times have you gotten zero? How many days in a row did you get zero?

Of COURSE a 90% rate for 1 and a 10% rate for two is better than a set 100% drop rate for 1. But you’re ignoring the fact that a set 1 per sim is leaps and bounds better than what is CURRENTLY in play.
  • Nihion2
    35 posts Member
    Sorry @Gair you're in the losing end of this one. I usually get at least 2 every time, but that's just what I'm guesstimating, and it seems that the stats show guaranteed one to be better. Also it can't be 90%-1 and 10%-2, because there is also a large percentage for 0.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member

You say this as if people have permanent bad or good RNG. There is no permanent bad or good, there is only RNG.

So you got 4 today. How many other times have you gotten zero? How many days in a row did you get zero?

Of COURSE a 90% rate for 1 and a 10% rate for two is better than a set 100% drop rate for 1. But you’re ignoring the fact that a set 1 per sim is leaps and bounds better than what is CURRENTLY in play.

Not at all. I agree entirely a static 1 is better numerically for the average.

My argument is that if 0 was a 40% and that was the problem. Why are we removing 2 at 10%? Just lower the 10% some.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    95 % 1 5% 2 there

Even this is fair.
  • Out of a possible 4 today, I got 1. I'd gladly welcome the change to a guaranteed zeta.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Besteve
    126 posts Member
    I got 8 zetas I think they left my double drop on!
  • Cg: it's guaranteed to drop zetas every time now.

Some people: *complain*

Really?
    The only math that matters is the reality you will never get 4 again. That doesnt sit well when it's a permanent correction and zeta requirements are going up.

U can potentially get 0 for 8 weeks. I hope it happens to you until they roll out the change.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    U can potentially get 0 for 8 weeks. I hope it happens to you until they roll out the change.

Sounds like that happened to you. Better get on your climbing gear to get down that mountain of salt you are on.
  • I don’t get the complaining about this other than it was way too late. I don’t remember last time I got 2, couple of months atleast. 0-0 for a month but usually 1-0