Do not *fix* ship challenges

Replies

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Gair wrote: »
    Did you miss the mega threads 2 weeks ago?

They have announced what they’re doing. It’s better than what we have.

That depends on how you look at it. People with bad RNG it is better. People with good RNG it is worse.

Removing a chance at 0 was a no brainer thing to do. My issue is if 0 was 40% and that's the problem. Why are we removing the 10% for 2? Throw us a bone for once.

There's no bad rng-good rng in the long term. We are all benefiting from this change as on average they'll be handing out more zetas.
  • Gair wrote: »
    Did you miss the mega threads 2 weeks ago?

They have announced what they’re doing. It’s better than what we have.

That depends on how you look at it. People with bad RNG it is better. People with good RNG it is worse.

Removing a chance at 0 was a no brainer thing to do. My issue is if 0 was 40% and that's the problem. Why are we removing the 10% for 2? Throw us a bone for once.

You say this as if people have permanent bad or good RNG. There is no permanent bad or good, there is only RNG.

So you got 4 today. How many other times have you gotten zero? How many days in a row did you get zero?

Of COURSE a 90% rate for 1 and a 10% rate for two is better than a set 100% drop rate for 1. But you’re ignoring the fact that a set 1 per sim is leaps and bounds better than what is CURRENTLY in play.

Not at all. I agree entirely a static 1 is better numerically for the average.

My argument is that if 0 was a 40% and that was the problem. Why are we removing 2 at 10%? Just lower the 10% some.

Sorry, I thought you saying “1 per sim was a slap in the face” was a complaint about the new system. :|
  • With the current system I got 12 in total of the 3 double drop days. With the new system it will be 2 per day, 6 total, and double that is 12 if they ever do double drops again. Good change.
  • With the current system I got 12 in total of the 3 double drop days. With the new system it will be 2 per day, 6 total, and double that is 12 if they ever do double drops again. Good change.

There are millions of other players - not everyone has the same results as you.

And those who complained about getting 0 zetas will be even more benefitted.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    With the current system I got 12 in total of the 3 double drop days. With the new system it will be 2 per day, 6 total, and double that is 12 if they ever do double drops again. Good change.

And he doesn't have the same result always either. He'll remember one time he did though :D
  • EdSolo
    411 posts Member
    Here is the math:

0 at 40%
    1 at 50%
    2 at 10%

So you have two attempts, thus you sum the possible combinations to get the total number of zetas as shown below:

0 0.4 * 0.4 = 0.16 = 16%
    1 0.4 * 0.5 + 0.5 * 0.4 = 0.2 + 0.2 = 0.4 = 40%
    2 0.4 * 0.1 + 0.5 * 0.5 + 0.1 * 0.4 = 0.04 + 0.25 + 0.04 = 0.33 = 33%
    3 0.5 * 0.1 + 0.1 * 0.5 = 0.05 + 0.05 = 0.1 = 10%
    4 0.1 * 0.1 = 0.01 = 1%

So under the current scheme, you have a 56% chance of getting one or less and a 33% chance of getting two. The new scheme is 100% chance of two. You currently have an 11% chance of getting 3 or 4. Overall, everyone is better off with the guaranteed two.
  • CG: *increases average monthly zeta intake by making a guaranteed drop on challenges*

Forum user: 'SLAP IN THE FACE!'

Every rational being that wasted their time reading this post: *facepalm.jpg*
  • Ironjehoshaphat
    335 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    With the current system I got 12 in total of the 3 double drop days. With the new system it will be 2 per day, 6 total, and double that is 12 if they ever do double drops again. Good change.

I only received 4 total zetas over the double drops... I would have earned a Zeta and halfway to another one if I had gotten your 12.

Edit: Since this ship challenge has come out CG needed to give everybody the same amount of Zetas. I would how many zetas we could’ve earned had they guaranteed 1/ sim since it started.
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    I got 0/8 zetas this weekend, as usual. Don’t listen to the OP.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    swgohfan29 wrote: »
    Got my 2 zeta per sim. Leave as it is. Only 1 per sim was a slap in the face anyway.

That's not how it works. You can still get 2 the idea is that you don't get 0

No they're changing it from 0-2 to 1-1

Why even do a challenge then? Just do a giveaway weekly to all players of 2 zeta mats. Gotta finish your dailies every day for a week to claim, just like the dailies to claim a daily omega.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    Got my 2 zeta per sim. Leave as it is. Only 1 per sim was a slap in the face anyway.

Why even do a challenge then? Just do a giveaway weekly to all players of 2 zeta mats. Gotta finish your dailies every day for a week to claim, just like the dailies to claim a daily omega.

Why even change it?

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • It’s happening, it’s coming in August. Unless you are in the inner Kraken circle and have a weekly meeting with CG, your descent to the change is poofing in the wind.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member

I really see no reason to remove the 2 that NOBODY complained about. Give us a 5% or 10% chance at it.
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member

I really see no reason to remove the 2 that NOBODY complained about. Give us a 5% or 10% chance at it.

Because zetas in the game economy will already be increasing.

• Law of average will state you will get 0.5 - 1.0 per attempt days. Even if you get 2 on one sim, the next you'd most likely hit a 0.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Law of average will state you will get 0.5 - 1.0 per attempt days. Even if you get 2 on one sim, the next you'd most likely hit a 0.

I'll take some averages with a chance at 2 and a constant 1.

How is removing the 2 a better player experience @CG_Erik? Nobody asked to remove that. Why cant you throw the community a bone for once on this fairly abysmal chance at something.
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    Law of average will state you will get 0.5 - 1.0 per attempt days. Even if you get 2 on one sim, the next you'd most likely hit a 0.

I'll take some averages with a chance at 2 and a constant 1.

How is removing the 2 a better player experience @CG_Erik? Nobody asked to remove that. Why cant you throw the community a bone for once on this fairly abysmal chance at something.

A guaranteed 1 is a bone. Ignore it all you want but it's a fact, guaranteed 1 is better over the long run than the previous system.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    A guaranteed 1 is a bone. Ignore it all you want but it's a fact, guaranteed 1 is better over the long run than the previous system.

Not ignored and that is a fact. My argument isnt about the 1, but the loss of the 2. They could easily lower the rate and keep it in there.

Look I play this game to have fun. I dont need them nerfing my 2. because the TB double drop compensation was a disaster.

That was their fault, and I refuse to have any dev tell me this is a better player experience removing my fun factor.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited June 2019

Not ignored and that is a fact. My argument isnt about the 1, but the loss of the 2. They could easily lower the rate and keep it in there.

Look I play this game to have fun. I dont need them nerfing my 2. because the TB double drop compensation was a disaster.

That was their fault, and I refuse to have any dev tell me this is a better player experience removing my fun factor.

There is no loss, there's no nerfing, you are only gaining in the long run. If your fun factor is rng, you're welcome to have some on anything you do in the game, you are welcome to keep dreaming about 7 carbantis everytime you do the str challenge. Just not this one.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

and I refuse to have any dev tell me this is a better player experience removing my fun factor.

That´s an interresting point. The whole suspense of simming for zetas is totally gone when it´s a guaranteed 1. No joy, no frustration. Imo that also makes for a worse gaming experience. The devs think so too judging by pretty much every reward being RNG based. It's mostly the players that (think they) don't like RNG based rewards.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Witness
    48 posts Member
    Why not give the player the choice? Make 2 same challenges. The only difference is 1 is a guaranteed zeta and 1 is 0-2 possibility. The player can choose what they want to sim and understand the consequence of whichever option they choose
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

and I refuse to have any dev tell me this is a better player experience removing my fun factor.

That´s an interresting point. The whole suspense of simming for zetas is totally gone when it´s a guaranteed 1. No joy, no frustration. Imo that also makes for a worse gaming experience. The devs think so too judging by pretty much every reward being RNG based. It's mostly the players that (think they) don't like RNG based rewards.

Maybe they're finally sick of the complaints too.

Ha, joke's on them!
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

Well of course they’re not going to give both a guaranteed one and possible 2. I mean that’s like asking for crystals tomorrow! It’s better in the long run anyway.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    JDIII wrote: »
    @Schwartzring Drops rates are supposed to be flat across the game, but anyone that’s ever farmed omegas from cantina knows that this is a false statement

And how did you determined the omega drop rate exactly? And idea how many samples it takes for event with something close to %1 chance of happening to have a firm estimate?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Schwartzring Drops rates are supposed to be flat across the game, but anyone that’s ever farmed omegas from cantina knows that this is a false statement

Who says that droprates are supposed to be flat across the game? I've not seen anyone besides you say that droprates are supposed to be flat across the game.
    It's common knowledge that different items have different droprates, hence schwartzring asking what the droprate of zetachallenge is.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    Schwartzring Drops rates are supposed to be flat across the game, but anyone that’s ever farmed omegas from cantina knows that this is a false statement

Who says that droprates are supposed to be flat across the game? I've not seen anyone besides you say that droprates are supposed to be flat across the game.
    It's common knowledge that different items have different droprates, hence schwartzring asking what the droprate of zetachallenge is.

I used the -flat- term before. People got what it means wrong though. Drop rates aren't the same naturally, they are just consistently linear at all times whatever that rate is.