Do not *fix* ship challenges

13Next

Replies

• Ephran
    499 posts Member
    I've gotten 6 total in the last month, and that included double drops. I'd much rather get a guaranteed 6 a week than a *slight* chance at getting 2 at a time.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Either you're misinterpreting what they said like @No_Try is saying, or those players have no clue what they're talking about since it's obviously not the case.
    Either way, the player you quoted was well aware of the fact that not all items ingame have the same droprate, so your reply was redundant anway.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Flat rate farming......hmmmm.....sounds like the US postal service is in the farming business now
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    @leef remember, if you are tagged like this that means no one one else can see the post on a public forum
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Drop rates are flat within each item. You're welcome to do the work and prove otherwise. Shard=%33, gear=%20 approx., omegas=%god knows how much it is since it's so low, there's no such thing as omega farming from cantina, you get one when you are super lucky, same as god mods but not worth the hassle like them either. If you are refilling for omegas...today is an omega challenge, just refill it for 200 for the assured omega or go buy the 10 bundle which has much better value of 125 crystald per piece.

First two are the rates people close up at anytime as they keep sampling. Even a few days worth of a change in any direction will show up due to consistent rate trackers in the community.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    JDIII wrote: »
    @leef you asked me who said it, not if it was true or not. Besides i don’t remember adding your name in that message that was put for someone else

Well, the person you tagged knew the droprates aren't the same across the game, so saying others think they're supposed to be the same across the game which obviously isn't the case serves no purpose whatsoever. So i thought lets just ask who those people are who supposedly think that way since i haven't seen any. Maybe you're missinterpreting what they said?
    Regardless, it was just a pointless comment. Claiming others think something only to say they're wrong.
    Also. If you don't want others to read or respond to your comments, may i suggest using a private message instead.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • One certainty is always better than two possibilities. That's fine for me.
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    I've had crap RNG lately and look forward to the 1 every attempt. That being said if they set it to 95% 1, 5% 2 I wouldnt be mad at all. A chance for 2 is nice but the reality of 0 hurts
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Kokie wrote: »
    @leef remember, if you are tagged like this that means no one one else can see the post on a public forum

@Kokie I am tagging you.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • StarSon
    7427 posts Member
    Gair wrote: »
    swgohfan29 wrote: »
    Got my 2 zeta per sim. Leave as it is. Only 1 per sim was a slap in the face anyway.

That's not how it works. You can still get 2 the idea is that you don't get 0

No they're changing it from 0-2 to 1-1

Why even do a challenge then? Just do a giveaway weekly to all players of 2 zeta mats. Gotta finish your dailies every day for a week to claim, just like the dailies to claim a daily omega.

I really see no reason to remove the 2 that NOBODY complained about. Give us a 5% or 10% chance at it.

The reason is because right now, the overall average is 1.06 zetas per challenge day. Even by making it always just be 1, you basically double that, as you now get 2 zetas per challenge day. You go from about 3.2/week to 6/week. No need to be greedy. And this is honestly one of the best changes they've made basically ever.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Got my 2 zeta per sim. Leave as it is. Only 1 per sim was a slap in the face anyway.

Edit: How about removing the 40% chance at zero, and keeping the 10% chance at 2? Happy medium.

Dude i have gotten 2 zetas SINCE before double drops nothing but ZEROs and its TRASH oh well your lucky too bad imo.... u got 30 since i got TWO..... at least if we got one every time id have 10 now instead of 2 10>>>>>>>>>2. Change it dooo vit naawwwwwww
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    edited June 2019

That's way better than what it is now. Statistically you're way more likely to end up with 0-1 than 3-4 so I would say it's definitely better because over time you will definitely get more

Seriously.....I get 0 or 1 per challenge day FAR more often then I get 3 or 4. I've never gotten 4 and I think I've gotten 3 only a handful of times. Meanwhile, I've gone 5, 6, 7 straight challenge days with 0 total. I'll take a guaranteed 2 total over the current crapshoot anyday.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    The fact that Peter and I are on the same side on this one pretty much confirms the game is dead.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    The fact that Peter and I are on the same side on this one pretty much confirms the game is dead.

I agree...it does look pretty dismal when you look at it that way
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

The game is dead however you look at it. It has been that way for a long time, maybe it wasn't alive in the first place.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »

The game is dead however you look at it. It has been that way for a long time, maybe it wasn't alive in the first place.

If it is dead then it sounds to me like they can throw us a bone!

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member

No, it’s never been dead...
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »

No, it’s never been dead...

It's a schrodinger cat that just made 404M $, that's all.
  • It was supposed to change with the GAC patch yet I got 0 and 1 today. Did they roll back the fix with the screw up on GAC??
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Krashxxxx wrote: »
    It was supposed to change with the GAC patch yet I got 0 and 1 today. Did they roll back the fix with the screw up on GAC??

It was not supposed to change with GAC, they never said that.
  • Many people are saying it should have changed with the GAC patch. Sad!
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    How about keeping that 2 drop at a diminished % @CG_Erik ... I think that is reasonable.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    You've got no chance, the only thing that matters on the forums right now is matchmaking and how to make your own lightsaber.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    You've got no chance, the only thing that matters on the forums right now is matchmaking and how to make your own lightsaber.

truth

edit....how did your bracket go TV??
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »

truth

edit....how did your bracket go TV??

71pt7wy9sNL._SX425_.jpg
  • Gair
    616 posts Member

Touche. I wonder if we will get #1 rewards again.
  • Wow, so the Omega rate in Cantina Tier 8 is set at like 1%? or LESS?

OUCH.

That sucks, I was looking forward to getting a few of them while farming the Vet Smugglers for Rey.

Hmm, 330 Shards x2 characters at 33% drop rate means I'll have to run about 2000 sims.

I might just track my omega count as a project to test how abysmal the rate is.

Of course if its that bad I might fall into clinical depression.

OUCH.

That sucks, I was looking forward to getting a few of them while farming the Vet Smugglers for Rey.

Hmm, 330 Shards x2 characters at 33% drop rate means I'll have to run about 2000 sims.

I don’t remember getting a single omega mat when I farmed the vets. It’s VERY low.

OUCH.

As i farmed my Vets, from 0 to 7*, i managed to get 1 Omega overall, quite towards the end, including a light depression :-)
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining