Please address this before next GAC

Lonach
87 posts Member
I don’t think the matchmaking engine was adapted or running as intended. umc34jtip19g.png

Replies

• Gair
    616 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    When you realize 7* is a skeleton to stats, and mods have more stat weight. They should also drive GP accordingly. That's less than 100k gp difference and a massive mod difference.
  • That’s a fairly big mismatch.
  • Someone hasnt been mod farming...
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Someone hasnt been mod farming...

This! They match based on GP. Those who haven’t been farming mods, or those 1 off accounts who have been mod farming like crazy, will get matched up to their GP peers. That’s game (set and match, in your case).
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    I don't think CG can address your phone's battery before the next GAC, that's on you.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kilker
    31 posts Member
    I don’t know if CG can or should take every little thing into account when matchmaking. I get reducing the impact of low gear characters since at one point it was beneficial to inflate your roster. But needing large amounts of speed secondary mods is nothing new. Start farming, or wait for people with better rosters and mods to move up the ranks.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Someone hasnt been mod farming...

This! They match based on GP. Those who haven’t been farming mods, or those 1 off accounts who have been mod farming like crazy, will get matched up to their GP peers. That’s game (set and match, in your case).

They did say they adjusted the matchmaking algorithm so that it took into account more things like gear12s and number of zetas. I have seen some very lopsided matchups though that makes me question it.

I would think over time with GAC things will even out more as players start establishing rankings.
  • Lonach
    87 posts Member
    I wasn’t complaining about the mods but about the zeta and gear 12 character. I have all the mods I need for my team thx !
    It’s the three full team difference that hurts.

That a huge difference for attack and defense in division 2 when you need 20 teams...

• jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Lonach wrote: »
    I wasn’t complaining about the mods but about the zeta and gear 12 character. I have all the mods I need for my team thx !
    It’s the three full team difference that hurts.

That a huge difference for attack and defense in division 2 when you need 20 teams...

The only thing I could see them tweaking a bit is zetas and that would be indirectly. Something like looking at age of account in matchmaking.

G12 is on you.

Edit for typo
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    I don't think CG can address your phone's battery before the next GAC, that's on you.

Classic TVF
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    There's nothing that indicates new matchmaking algo is in effect out of all the samples I saw yet. Looks like pure gp based old matchmaking.
  • Formerly_Randy
    333 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    No_Try wrote: »
    There's nothing that indicates new matchmaking algo is in effect out of all the samples I saw yet. Looks like pure gp based old matchmaking.

It’s actually very disheartening considering that was one of the main things they were flaunting.

It’s time to just take a backseat and see what all they fix for the next go around. I’m still optimistic but that’s because I’m a person who lacks intelligence.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »

It’s actually very disheartening considering that was one of the main things they were flaunting.

It’s time to just take a backseat and see what all they fix for the next go around. I’m still optimistic but that’s because I’m a person who lacks intelligence.

I'm in the same boat as you and I give them the benefit of the doubt. If we keep hitting on them on everything made public before they're solidified, they'll put these things out more reservedly and that's not really to our benefit either. They'll just leave things that flied before as is.
  • Our tw opponent was the most mismatched I’ve seen, but you can’t have the perfect opponent every time
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Oldeuboi wrote: »
    Our tw opponent was the most mismatched I’ve seen, but you can’t have the perfect opponent every time

You can if you get me!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH