Ahsoka in action! Added videos and comments

warmonkey1024
598 posts
edited March 2016
Pair her with her master and she is a beast!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euiN1mlB0gs

More videos as promised:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54FdznCbFYo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp5-cGK9s78

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aygm_557iO0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHhi2QqqVBY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtOnTgIzNaw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHP_tlcSoqc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3vp8Gt7uy4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZth2_utVNA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrN1AYzF3r4

Here's my evaluation on Ahsoka:

Damage: A

Survivability: B+

Utility: B

Leadership: Haven't test it yet.

I think Ahsoka is an awesome character after the update. She hits hard because she constantly crits on her attacks. She lasts a lot longer in battles thanks to her high health pool and guaranteed healing through her abilities.

Since her damage is not capable of bursting down target in the first round, boosting her speed to 161 with QGJ is rather unnecessary. Ahsoka is really similar to Luminara in terms of her role in a team, but more offensive. She works a lot better under Anakin's leadership, which grants her 24% offense (Master-Apprentice Synergy!!). With Ahsoka's unique, she is exactly 1 point higher than Anakin in terms of speed, so her special works really well in setting up target for Anakin to go in for an AOE kill that will lead to an offense up for the whole team.

I highly recommend farming Ahsoka if you are looking for a fun, alternative build than QGJ set up.
Post edited by warmonkey1024 on

Replies

• DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Great video :) I started farming her before the change because I really liked her character in clone wars but she was going to be for GW only. Now I'll add her to my arena team as well. Once she has another star
  • Very nice vid. I may of sounded pretty angry on the other forum on my post but I was a little disappointed but I'll definitely keep using her (of course I would never stop using her). This definitely makes me want to get Anakin even more now. Also thanks for pointing me here DV_27.
  • Would it work with Mace as leader too ?
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • I think that Mace's leadership could be even better, but he's not as good as Anakin all around
  • That video must be a fake - Dooku didn't attack 12 times in a row and wipe your whole team :)

Impressive usage of the speeds - Ahsoka setting up a weak opponent for JKA to get the offense up kill off of the AOE. Great combo there.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Nice video! I will get Ahsoka to 7* soon in both accounts. I didn't farm Anakin shards as I never had to fight a squad with him in it and the reviews suggest he is a 'weak' character. Now with more people having him at higher stars his uses make him shine. Will continue to farm him to make a Jedi team.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Whenever I try something like this (putting Anakin or anyone other than Jinn as the lead) the enemy Dooku stuns 1 or 2 of my Jedi and I end up losing the match. Your enemy Dooku attacked RG, which was about the best you could hope for, even though the stun held, as his attack is not really important anyway.
    Not saying the build is bad or that you would have necessarily lost if he had stunned Yoda or Anakin. Just that you take a large risk in today's game running without a speed leader, and doubly so with a bunch of Jedi.
    ETA: It appears Yoda is still stealing phantom buffs, too. :/
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Reyia wrote: »
    Nice video! I will get Ahsoka to 7* soon in both accounts. I didn't farm Anakin shards as I never had to fight a squad with him in it and the reviews suggest he is a 'weak' character. Now with more people having him at higher stars his uses make him shine. Will continue to farm him to make a Jedi team.

JKA has long been one of the better heroes - the folks saying he was trash are only looking at his OHKO damage possibility relative to like GS. His kit is much more versatile than GS though and he can be used more tactically in teams of various types than GS - great example above. His AOE damage is top 10 in the game, he has tank level health and the guy is in the upper portion of the game in overall speed - and can get boosted big time by QGJ further. His passive unique - offense up + massive meter gain - may be the best unique in the game.
  • aerendhil wrote: »
    Would it work with Mace as leader too ?

Mace and Anakin has really similar leadership skill, but Anakin brings more to the table because of his ability to act when one of the team members is defeated, and a chance to buff the whole team with offense up.
  • Very cool.. That looks like a fun team to run. :)
    <3 snips now.
  • Fantazy
    553 posts Member
    tks for the vid, I've never played asohka, so it's fun to see her in action!
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • @dv_27 @AhsokaTano11 Glad you guys enjoyed the videos. I'll post more of them later today when I'm done with the DMV...

@Reyia @JohnnySteelAlpha Johnny pretty much covered it all lol. IMO Anakin could be weak in some areas, such as burst damage. But he brings a lot to the table still, like buff immunity, strong AOE, and offense up on killing blow, he is definitely a versatile character.

@Qeltar I understand your skepticism. But I've had many fights where at least one of my Jedi was stunned by Dooku and still wins the match. Having the damage buff from Anakin helps the team to recover from losing a member a two. But I am not going say I won 100% of the matches, there are times when RNG god just hates me and I lose to the AI. I'll post more videos later today to see how this squad works =)
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    @warmonkey1024 - Yeah could just be bad luck but every time I take Jinn out it seems, the enemy Dooku stuns Anakin anyway and I am like "why did I do this again"... :)
    I may try it again against a non-Dooku team though. The first-round stun is the only thing I really hate.
    I don't have a maxed Ahsoka but I think my other guys would get the job done.
  • @BentWookie @Fantazy Thanks guys, more videos to come!

@Qeltar I feel your pain. Dooku has been bugging me since I started the game, because I always have at least 2 Jedis in my squad. While Ahsoka is fun she is definitely replaceable. She works really well in GW because of her high damage and healing. I am assuming she will be great in Yoda challenge as well. Will be a great side project if you have extra ally points to spare.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    @warmonkey1024 - I have 50,000 ally points, lol... but not sure what that has to do with Ahsoka. I've never gotten even one shard of hers from there. Maybe you meant Cantina.
    I am going to work on here there I think unless they add something more interesting, but they don't seem to be wanting to add anything to shipments any more.
    Dooku, well, I've used him since day one so I have no right to complain. But now that I can shut him down for the first half of a fight, it's very hard to give that up.
  • I tested my (maxed) Ahsoka in GW today. From my data (small sample size) she has a ~70% crit chance (out of 54 attacks, 38 were crits).

In Arena however, she's mediocre. With QGJ (L), her heal is useless due to her speed. If they really wanted to make her viable in arena, they should've reversed her special so that it does +50% damage above 50% hp.

I also tried her with Anakin (L), which works out a little a better, but the overall team is less dangerous then a QGJ (L). In terms of setting up Anakin for his special, QGJ's assist is just as good in a QGJ (L) comp.

She's great in GW though! I used Barris (L), QGJ, Lumi, Yoda and Ahsoka. Didn't have to retreat or sub in another comp even once. 12 attempts, 12 wins.
  • That was very cool! I'm so glad that snips is going to get more play
  • I tested my (maxed) Ahsoka in GW today. From my data (small sample size) she has a ~70% crit chance (out of 54 attacks, 38 were crits).

In Arena however, she's mediocre. With QGJ (L), her heal is useless due to her speed. If they really wanted to make her viable in arena, they should've reversed her special so that it does +50% damage above 50% hp.

I also tried her with Anakin (L), which works out a little a better, but the overall team is less dangerous then a QGJ (L). In terms of setting up Anakin for his special, QGJ's assist is just as good in a QGJ (L) comp.

She's great in GW though! I used Barris (L), QGJ, Lumi, Yoda and Ahsoka. Didn't have to retreat or sub in another comp even once. 12 attempts, 12 wins.

Doesn't her unique give her a speed buff?

• Ignore my last thing, I misread the quoted comment.
  • D_Millennial
    847 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Dieciedue2 wrote: »
    I tested my (maxed) Ahsoka in GW today. From my data (small sample size) she has a ~70% crit chance (out of 54 attacks, 38 were crits).

Doesn't her unique give her a speed buff?

It does. I never said it didn't. Why do you ask?
  • Dieciedue2 wrote: »
    Ignore my last thing, I misread the quoted comment.

Kk.
  • Nice vid wouldn't mind more!
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    I tested my (maxed) Ahsoka in GW today. From my data (small sample size) she has a ~70% crit chance (out of 54 attacks, 38 were crits).

I agree with this in my own findings, I'm attempting to hold off using her special until turn 2. This can be a huge gamble as sometimes AI picks her off. Not sure how to feel about this right now.
  • Heisen
    364 posts Member

Absolutely NOT. She would go from being viable to OP and the last thing this game needs now is another high speed toon where you just brainlessly mash the special ability button on the first turn for nearly one-shot kill damage. Furthermore, her basic hits pretty darn hard as well so you could try starting with that instead of the special if you really think you could use the heal on the next turn. Having to make decisions like this is what a well designed character should be about.
  • Added videos and a small analysis on the character.

I think she works much better under Anakin's leadership. She's 1 point higher in speed compare to Anakin. The increased damage and high crit chance makes her great at setting up target for an AOE kills.