GAC - Can we just take a moment and say thank you?

Prev1
Can we just take a moment to appreciate the hard work going into the game lately We are getting a ton of new content! Characters, ships, territory battles, gear (regardless of your opinion on the difficulty to obtain) and the GAC. Everyone now has something to work on and work towards.

Even with the exhibition phase not working, thank you to the team for all that you do. Enjoy your weekend, like you should, and we are looking forward to seeing things back on track soon.

Let’s keep things positive. There are plenty of other threads for you to negatively contribute to.

Replies

• Faffyd
    38 posts Member
    Well done for doing the job they’re paid to do?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    [ ] screwed over
    [ ] gambling
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • As always great effort just test before rolling out!
  • It looks cool if they can figure out how to keep the point system fair and not rng based it could be really good.
  • As always great effort just test before rolling out!

This was the test. That was why it was an exhibition.
  • It looks cool if they can figure out how to keep the point system fair and not rng based it could be really good.

Hahahahahahahaha
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Faffyd wrote: »

Yup, that’s exactly why we’re thanking them...
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member

Everyone at work likes to be thanked. No it's not necessary but it is always appreciated. Way to be that guy!
  • Thanks devs, even though I may not agree with all the decisions you guys have made of late but I do know that’s a lot of effort and time is put into making/fixing the game, that’s time that they put towards the game rather than watching a movie, spending time with family or other things! Thank you for all the effort!!!
  • Far too much negativity around.

Good OP. 👍👍👍
  • Well complaining has done nothing in the past to help them get their ducks in a row. You can try thanking them for continuing to put out half finished products, but I’m not sure that is going to be the thing that makes them change for the better.
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • Honos reddatur dignis.
    But is this enough for a 2015-mobile-game to be competetive in 2019?
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    DarkHelmet wrote: »
    Can we just take a moment to appreciate the hard work going into the game lately We are getting a ton of new content! Characters, ships, territory battles, gear (regardless of your opinion on the difficulty to obtain) and the GAC. Everyone now has something to work on and work towards.

They make a shedload of money...they made around 55 million dollars in the second quarter of 2018. That's in one quarter.

So yeah- they make a product many of us, myself included, enjoy. They also make themselves lots and lots of cash. Being a business- that's the kind of "appreciation" they like and want, I'm sure...

(Oh, and who knows - I don't know much about much - but they might even be able to make some more if they actually test their new product before release!)
  • I, personally, do not begrudge them making money. It's why they made the game. But it is more profitable to make a game people like than one they dislike. Happy people spend, unhappy people quit.
    Chained since '16
  • USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    They released a beta. There was an issue found on Friday. Rather than shut it down they tried a hot fix, which did not take. Sat the issue was exasperated and they had to shut down the beta. In all instances CG Erik posted and notified us of the game issue and need for closure. He also said they would address the rewards on Monday.

What more do you want. Yes, I know we missed out on the pulse modulators and other 2 slicing mats from no Grand Arena in June. I would see the issuing of first place slicing mats as a great thank you for trying the beta before the next GAC lock occurs.

Other than that, I think they learned a lot and I expect more issues with the next beta test as well.
    Post edited by USAFmedic129 on
  • When they stop charging $99 per character per gear 12 finisher, then I might respect the developers. The fact is they don’t care about us, and their pricing for in app purchase proves it.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Luckily you don't have to pay a cent to play the game.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    I reserve my thanks for when they manage to do it right. So far there's not much to be thankful for where GAC is concerned.
  • GunsAtFour
    364 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    EA and CG are fvked in the head
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    JDIII wrote: »
    Until you find out that new content is wrapped behind $$$

example?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member

I bet your waiters love you.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Yeah. Thanks for content were we get to fight whales for fark all. GGF OP