FO and Res Ground and Ship Content

Atticon
30 posts Member
With the New movie coming out late this year has anyone thought about making sure these toons are ready to go for Ground and ships? I wouldn't be surprised if we see some ships and maybe even capital ships. Given CG has said they want to start looking at ships as much as the other content. What does everyone think? Just wondering what others think about it.

Replies

• Depends on how long you’ve been playing, but most people with a deep roster will already have 5 FO toons at a very high gear level and at least 5 resistance at a very high gear level.

It is much more likely they’ll launch new toons / ships with the movies. There’s more money in that as none of us can have them ready in advance.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Depends on how long you’ve been playing, but most people with a deep roster will already have 5 FO toons at a very high gear level and at least 5 resistance at a very high gear level.

It is much more likely they’ll launch new toons / ships with the movies. There’s more money in that as none of us can have them ready in advance.

Pretty much this. I mean it's probably smart to have toons like JTR and BB8 ready if you dont already, but I'd hold off on Rose for a while. Most likely it will be the new toons that matter most.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    I hope that we will get a new resistance lead to replace the hole the Finn nerf made.

I also want them to include the Knights of Ren. I hope Disney gets them right in the movie.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    I hope that we will get a new resistance lead to replace the hole the Finn nerf made.

I also want them to include the Knights of Ren. I hope Disney gets them right in the movie.

q3d7kitewkm1.gif

Looks promising
  • I am really hoping for more ships and a Capital ship for each faction.
    And the First Order badly needs a legendary character.
    Resistance has 3 Legendaries and 1 Heroe's Journey character, while the FO has not a single special character.
  • I am really hoping for more ships and a Capital ship for each faction.
    Resistance has 3 Legendaries and 1 Heroe's Journey character, while the FO has not a single special character.

And we're missing both Hux and Snoke (I know I said Snoke but please don't turn this into an is Snoke good argument).
  • MightyWizard
    872 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    We already have two Kylos, which is more newlogy crap than I bargained for. Give us more Old Republic stuff! More siths!
    DarthMarr wrote: »
    Please include a ghost Han too in the game :D
    And zero g Leia. Ugh.
  • Hortus
    622 posts Member
    edited June 2019

Well, there is nothing "legendary" in FO characters, they just sore losers and their only purpose is to be beaten by Mary Sue Rey. So the current in-game status of FO/Resistance factions is pretty much close to lore.
  • Hortus wrote: »

Well, there is nothing "legendary" in FO characters, they just sore losers and their only purpose is to be beaten by Mary Sue Rey. So the current in-game status of FO/Resistance factions is pretty much close to lore.

This game isn't canon, it only draws inspiration from it.
    Still what you just said, actually is correct; their purpose in the movies is to lose.

But in my opinion the First Order as a faction in-game is a lot of fun to play with but it's just average, since it's lacking a Legendary character. So some people, like me, like to use them and hope that they receive a better treatment that brings them at least somewhat closer to their direct counterpart in terms of Legendary character count and therefore overall usefulness, and not only in some nichés.

Also new ships can increase diversity in Fleet Arena, which it is clearly lacking right now.
  • Hortus
    622 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    I completely understand that from the pure game balance and diversity standpoint FO fraction needs some juice. But making, for example, next incarnation of KR legendary while Anakin and Darth Vader are just regular toons is probably another sure way to annoy fans. Imo the only reason why this game still exists is that it's Star Wars game so if SW fans will be annoyed too much it will hurt the game much more than paywalls, badly designed events, etc.

P.S. Of course they already made BB8 legendary so who knows...
  • Beaks
    73 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    We already have two Kylos, which is more newlogy crap than I bargained for. Give us more Old Republic stuff! More siths!

Don’t forget the 20 Hans as well!
    Totally agree with needing more Sith.
    More of a Sith fan I am, selection is slim.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »

q3d7kitewkm1.gif

Looks promising

@CCyrilS I think you have them confused with the Knights Who Say Ni! And Ive seen no shrubberies in the New trailers yet.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »

q3d7kitewkm1.gif

Looks promising

@CCyrilS I think you have them confused with the Knights Who Say Ni! And Ive seen no shrubberies in the New trailers yet.

Thx, I always get them mixed up
  • We already have two Kylos, which is more newlogy crap than I bargained for. Give us more Old Republic stuff! More siths!
    DarthMarr wrote: »
    Please include a ghost Han too in the game :D
    And zero g Leia. Ugh.

No, thanks.
  • Only reason resistance have 3 legendary toons is because R2 and C3PO happen to have their tag. Would be like if Palpatine showed up in the last movie and they gave him the FO tag. Darkside overall could use some more legendaries and another hero's (Villian's?) journey, hopefully it comes in the form of Fallen Anakin before another Kylo.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Goom128 wrote: »
    Only reason resistance have 3 legendary toons is because R2 and C3PO happen to have their tag. Would be like if Palpatine showed up in the last movie and they gave him the FO tag. Darkside overall could use some more legendaries and another hero's (Villian's?) journey, hopefully it comes in the form of Fallen Anakin before another Kylo.

I believe CG considers Vader to be fallen anakin and therefore we won't get another.