Nothing to do!

2Next

Replies

• The "game" has never really had much to do (fun things anyways) once you reach end game. It's basically always been an auto/sim fest with one current raid and a few arena battles. Even content that was once "new" is just rehashed old content. Territory Bore just lazy versions of a bit harder LS/DS battles. TW & GA just arena rehased in a different wrapper. Hard to get excited about anything anymore. But **** it, I'm gonna make it till the servers spin down!

• Strojař
    115 posts Member
    Strojař wrote: »
    I think i would be cool to have some sort of super hard mythic event with crystal or gear rewards, 8tiers, replayable 2times a day, maybe week long and for every squads, every two weeks. Or event minirancor for one player with whole his collection.. or something like that.

Considering that rancor can be soloed, it doesnt really mean much to give us a solo rancor mode.

Yes you are right but i meant something "like" rancor or even harder. On the othe side i'd enjoy even rancor because since he's simable i cannot test squads there. I had idea od zader, ordo,wampa etc. and now i can only think about how it would be...
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Even mobilegamer says the game is stale with little to do, and the shills show up to argue.
    I do not form my own opinion and let mobilegamer decide how I feel or think about the game too!

I need someone to tell me what to think!
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Is mobile gamer still wearing his metal helmet ?
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    kello_511 wrote: »
    Even mobilegamer says the game is stale with little to do, and the shills show up to argue.

Someone starting a YouTube channel does not make their opinions more (or less) valuable than anyone else’s. These guys are far from “the authority” on this game.

I'd argue it make their opinions less valuable.

Shouting damages brain cells.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    What about new dark and light side levels??
  • And tonight all lvl 85s are getting #1 rank ga awards....and it's a ton of good gear
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Seems like the OP answered his own question. When you are done playing, the next phase is to hit the forums and start blasting away at your keyboard.

Part of my game is setting CG straight. I'm all for praising what is done right, and constantly reminding them when they do something shady.
  • Some times i like the slow days,i can play other games or watch a movie or something,but yeah there are days i understand how op feels.
  • Totally agree. The game is so empty of daily contents that I even started to play another game like this. That's the way CG - unfortunely - is going to lose a lot of players. SWGOH is a game, give us some content to play! That can't be so hard, in this post they can see a lot of good ideas already lol
  • CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    The "game" has never really had much to do (fun things anyways) once you reach end game. It's basically always been an auto/sim fest with one current raid and a few arena battles. Even content that was once "new" is just rehashed old content. Territory Bore just lazy versions of a bit harder LS/DS battles. TW & GA just arena rehased in a different wrapper. Hard to get excited about anything anymore. But **** it, I'm gonna make it till the servers spin down!

Ain't we just a ray of sunshine. :)
  • CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    So there was supposed to be the grand arena thing this weekend....

Seriously....some people are acting like they don't know the GAC was scheduled to be going on right now... before it broke, lol.

People still watch mobilegamer videos???

35k watched his last video according to YouTube.

• CosmicJ wrote: »
    The "game" has never really had much to do (fun things anyways) once you reach end game. It's basically always been an auto/sim fest with one current raid and a few arena battles. Even content that was once "new" is just rehashed old content. Territory Bore just lazy versions of a bit harder LS/DS battles. TW & GA just arena rehased in a different wrapper. Hard to get excited about anything anymore. But **** it, I'm gonna make it till the servers spin down!

Ain't we just a ray of sunshine. :)

Just an objective analysis.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Obo_Nâm wrote: »
    Auto ran or simmed some easy events..

There's your problem right there.

Yeah, we all know that JKRevan teams will stroll through Galactic War. Have you tried it with your Imperial Troopers? How about your Geonosians? Not everything has to be done with the best team possible; try making it harder for yourself.

Sure you CAN sim it but just because you can do something it doesn't mean you should.
  • Start working and optimizing/reassigning your mods (&selling), when i do that, i've burned at least 1 hour away :-)
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • Stenun wrote: »

Yeah, we all know that JKRevan teams will stroll through Galactic War. Have you tried it with your Imperial Troopers? How about your Geonosians? Not everything has to be done with the best team possible; try making it harder for yourself.

Say what? GW was a fun challenge once upon a time, but now it is so neutered that 5 random toons with no synergy could run through it with ease....

• Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Stenun wrote: »

Say what? GW was a fun challenge once upon a time, but now it is so neutered that 5 random toons with no synergy could run through it with ease....

Don't use g12s.
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    I am kinda bored right now too, not from lack of content, but because I’m saving all my resources and using my energy and saving crystals to bring Grievous to gear 13 as soon as possible. So I’m kinda bored not being able to do anything else.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/

Don't use g12s.

I can literally finish GW with the bottom 5 characters on my roster. I know. I've tried.

I am so desperate for a challenge I've been using oddball teams in TB (when there isn't risk of hurting my guild). For assault battles I often use my 5 worst members of a faction just to see what their kits do

While a lot of people whine on here for dubious reasons, the PvE content is objectively stale and obsolete for anyone who has played a long time, even as a F2P.

While some of the lack of content can be mitigated by using non-Meta characters, the burden of keeping the game interesting and challenging should mainly be on the developers and not on the user base. After all, the devs are the ones being paid a salary to create content.

Other than one-off events (that appear every 3-4 months and can't be repeated once completed), there has been 0 new PvE content for nearly a year. I think Galactic Bounties II was the last new recurring event.

The feats/quests systems has potential to solve some of these issues, but it is neutered by the forced metas and unbalanced factions in the game. No one is going to sacrifice their payout to win 5 arena battles with Tuskens if the reward is a single omega and 50 crystals.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    BeralCator wrote: »

Don't use g12s.

I can literally finish GW with the bottom 5 characters on my roster. I know. I've tried.

Who? How many stars? Gear level?
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member

Don't use g12s.

Sounds like a fluff account.

I have a bunch of 4* and 5* Level 50 Ability 2 toons that are most definitely not finishing GW.
  • Fredy5
    328 posts Member
    What ?
    You want more F2P content or earn gears for Free ?
    It's not EA/CG anymore...
    Only P2W content and less old free staff will be released ...
    Just be thankful ...
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Don't use g12s.

Sounds like a fluff account.

I have a bunch of 4* and 5* Level 50 Ability 2 toons that are most definitely not finishing GW.

Yeah, that's kinda what I was driving at. I mean, how many stars can anyone have Shaak Ti at yet? Completed it with her?

I don't believe our friend for one moment. :smile:
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    I could see doing it with a 3* Shark Tea and good clones.

I just wonder what this person's bottom of roster looks like. Sounds like a dream GA opponent lol.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    I could see doing it with a 3* Shark Tea and good clones.

I just wonder what this person's bottom of roster looks like. Sounds like a dream GA opponent lol.

Not sure you could keep her alive through all the first 11 battles. Meaning you wouldn't be able to use her Leadership once she was dead. I mean, you couldn't g12 her so the best you could do is 3* with g11.

Don't use g12s.

3* G8 Shaak Ti, 5* G8 Droideka, 5* G9 B1, 6* G8 Embo, 7* G8 Gamorrean Guard

I mean, the last few nodes can be legitimately hard depending on the characters, but the AI is dumb and attacks the Deka with damage immunity a lot.The team has mass cleanse, mass dispel, protection regeneration on all characters; surprisingly durable, with great DPS from the Deka and Embo.

Because of power creep, the "weakest" roster characters by GP are actually much better than the next five on my roster (Bodhi, Mob Enforcer, FOSFTP, JKG, and Resistance Pilot). I wouldn't get as far with them.

As far as Grand Arena goes, I win 1-2 rounds most of the time (I think I've gotten 0 twice). My roster is bloated, but I have a lot of good mods and I rarely screw up on offense (and often use undermanned teams). I understand the game mechanics and know what counters to use.

So sure, I'll lose to a super lean roster with God mods, but I wouldn't say I'm a "dream opponent". I've trapped many players with superior rosters. After you've lost the second attempt bonus, you get the same points on the 3rd or 28th...

pqvscumt1hn0.png

Don't use g12s.

Well when the vast majority of your roster is 7* g12 (or 11), there's not a whole lot of fun toons left. I mean sure it may be challenging to get through GW with a g8 mob enforcer and jedi guardian, but it wouldn't be fun. Their kits are old and boring.

Now maybe if they actually tweaked GW for those of us who can sim it and gave us all G12 nodes comprised of various different squads, then it would be a worthwhile play through....

But that would take, you know, a minimum amount of development effort and it isn't going to result in any crystal returns......
  • Tel
    6 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    I love the idea of all g12 gw nodes for those that can sim it, gw used to be my favourite aspect of the game (until chaze and I didn’t have zeta Finn) and I also think there’s times when there’s nothing to do in game other than sim sim sim, I finish work at midnight, do my daily stuff (apart from arenas) in half hour while I’m winding down, wake up and auto an event/ sim more energy and then that’s me done until arena payouts (when I’m at work). An option to not sim the gw (with hard difficulty) for better rewards would be great for me, maybe even an option where you can only use each toon once, and you can’t retreat once you start, that would be great fun and I’d actually relish the challenge, or, for the people who find the game too much or have a busy day you can still sim gw but get lesser rewards.