A solution to Double Drops making people angry

Dirk_Brightblade
207 posts Member
edited June 2019
So.. Simple idea.

Instead of doubling the drops and risking double nothing still being nothing making people angry with the game why don't we get cg to try this....

Bonus drops are normal drops +1. So if you would get 0 zeta then you get 1. If you would get a shard for a character then you get 2 shards. And yes for simming multiple attempts that should mean +1 for every drop. So sim 20 x and get 6 shards under my proposals that would be 12 shards.

I can guarantee we will all look forward to bonus drop events and be prepared to use crystals to refresh them. We as players are happy we are being looked after and yet we still spend the premium currency to keep cg bottom line ticking over.

Replies

• Options
    They could still do double drops just do it something close to what you mentioned.

(Drop + 1)2

That way they could still get their "feel good points" while solving the no drop problem with double drops.
  • Options
    So.. Simple idea.

Instead of doubling the drops and risking double nothing still being nothing making people angry with the game why don't we get cg to try this....

Bonus drops are normal drops +1. So if you would get 0 zeta then you get 1. If you would get a shard for a character then you get 2 shards. And yes for simming multiple attempts that should mean +1 for every drop. So sim 20 x and get 6 shards under my proposals that would be 12 shards.

I can guarantee we will all look forward to bonus drop events and be prepared to use crystals to refresh them. We as players are happy we are being looked after and yet we still spend the premium currency to keep cg bottom line ticking over.

Wouldn’t you get 26 shards from 20 sims with your proposal? Not 12?
  • Options
    Or people could stop crying about useless things.
  • Options
    Angelloyd wrote: »
    Or people could stop crying about useless things.

You know this is forum to provide feedback,also reread what you posted,seeing you do the exact same thing,lol.
    Never thought i seen qol improvements to a game a useless thing.

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    I am missing something here.
    So sim 20 x and get 6 shards under my proposals that would be 12 shards.

This is how double drops currently work. The only thing I can see that this would change is that somebody who got 2 zetas on a single drop would get 3 from double drops instead of 4. How is this better?
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »

This is how double drops currently work. The only thing I can see that this would change is that somebody who got 2 zetas on a single drop would get 3 from double drops instead of 4. How is this better?

It's better because it takes away the chance to get nothing. And that removes the anger players feel when they've invested time, effort and money only to feel that cg shafts us with 0 double to 0.

It doesn't cost cg anything as you say... It creates a range for zeta from 1 - 3 instead of 0,2 or 4 as fixed amounts. But what it gives cg is goodwill from the players instead of folks quitting the game.

I enjoy playing the game and have 3 years daily play and a fair bit of money invested in it. So for me I want to see both veterans and new players feel they are valued by cg as that helps the longer term viability of the game.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    I’d be stoked if the gave us the drop rate for mod slicers in other areas during “double drops”
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Liath wrote: »

It's better because it takes away the chance to get nothing. And that removes the anger players feel when they've invested time, effort and money only to feel that cg shafts us with 0 double to 0.

It doesn't cost cg anything as you say... It creates a range for zeta from 1 - 3 instead of 0,2 or 4 as fixed amounts. But what it gives cg is goodwill from the players instead of folks quitting the game.

I enjoy playing the game and have 3 years daily play and a fair bit of money invested in it. So for me I want to see both veterans and new players feel they are valued by cg as that helps the longer term viability of the game.

How does it take away the chance to get nothing? In the example if you sim 20 and would have gotten 6 you get 12 instead. That’s what happens now. So what are you proposing if you sim 20 and would have gotten 0?

You’re saying that if you would have gotten 0 zetas you instead get 1? But not if you would have gotten 0 shards? This makes it sound like if you sim 20 and would have gotten 6 you instead get 26, which is (a) unrealistic and (b) not what the OP says.
  • flux_rono
    2120 posts Member
    Options
    i think a day of guarantee max drops over double drops would be much better.
    id prefer knowing my sim will have max rewards of what i want over a chance of getting something. nothing worse then needing one carbanti and siming 5+ times just to earn it.