Who would you target 1st in this Arena lineup?

Hi

I'm currently running the following team that offensively is working fine for me and fun to play. Defensively i'm not so sure as 90% of the time i end up going 2nd the turn order. Who would you target 1st in this lineup? How often does Greedo use his Thermal detonator when controlled by the AI?

Barriss 6* (leader)
Han 7*
Qui-Gon 7*
Greedo 7*
Yoda 5*

Yoda is gear level 8 the rest 9

Replies

• Greedo's first move is always thermal detonator when controllerd by AI so he is not very good on defense
  • Every time? i do have the option of putting an 7* IG-86 in instead?
  • Atwell
    111 posts Member
    vostromo wrote: »
    Hi

I'm currently running the following team that offensively is working fine for me and fun to play. Defensively i'm not so sure as 90% of the time i end up going 2nd the turn order. Who would you target 1st in this lineup? How often does Greedo use his Thermal detonator when controlled by the AI?

Barriss 6* (leader)
    Han 7*
    Qui-Gon 7*
    Greedo 7*
    Yoda 5*

Yoda is gear level 8 the rest 9

Are you speaking hypothetically? If not how did you get QGJ to gear 9? He needs to be level 74.
  • sorry my mistake then he must be gear 8 (i don't have my tablet with me)
  • Atwell
    111 posts Member
    sorry my mistake then he must be gear 8 (i don't have my tablet with me)

In that case I would definitely go with Yoda first. His health at 5* is not great. With a full Jedi team running QGJ lead I can take him down before Han can taunt.
  • On offensive facing a QGJ lead team i often find i lose a toon 1st round but claim one myself on my turn. Han taunts and then i win. (put simply)
  • Atwell
    111 posts Member
    On offensive facing a QGJ lead team i often find i lose a toon 1st round but claim one myself on my turn. Han taunts and then i win. (put simply)

True. But anyone can win in offense with any team. I hardly lose a match in arena with my team when I'm in control.

Here we're discussing defense where the a.i. is as bright as a burnt bulb. I always come back 1-200 ranks lower than when I left.

I have Yoda in my team too and frankly speaking I find I always drop more ranks when I have him in defense.
  • Any experience facing Greedo?
  • Qleak
    420 posts Member
    I have to agree, I'd kill yoda first. He's not that hard to kill at 5* and can wreak havok if you let him get going.
  • Atwell
    111 posts Member
    Any experience facing Greedo?

There were a few in my server in the past. Not so much now but I remember that Greedo wasn't much of a concern unless they had Sid, IG-88 or Bobba as leader. Even then he doesn't really hit as hard as some other toons can and his multi-attack is a rare sight. His detonator is often resisted too.

I would never target him first.
  • Ya Greedo will throw those detonators first chance he gets...not to bright that guy
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    @vostromo

Dooku stun to QGJ to prevent assist, GS/Sid onto yoda before han taunt. Or, just finish QGJ because no one else is a threat on that team (even yoda).
  • Han first.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    jeremyj26 wrote: »
    Han first.

I would disagree. QGJ and yoda are the only ones on that team who deal any damage. Killing QGJ first or Yoda cripples that team entirely. A lumi blast or other special after han taunts will kill him, and even if it doesnt with his two DPS dead the rest can gain whatever turn meter they like, it wont save him.
  • Well i can swop Greedo for IG-86 7* if i want. Do you guys think that would make the targeting choice harder?
  • Atwell
    111 posts Member
    Well i can swop Greedo for IG-86 7* if i want. Do you guys think that would make the targeting choice harder?

It would be a bit harder. Do you have anything to swap out Yoda with too?
  • Only a 7* JC...tonight i get a 7* Luminara but she is only level 56 and i will have no more credits.

Plan is to replace Barriss with Luminara in Arena, probably with QGJ as leader and stick with Yoda. I know objectively i could have a better team without him until i get him to 7* but the jumping bean is such fun to play with.. ;)
  • Atwell
    111 posts Member
    Only a 7* JC...tonight i get a 7* Luminara but she is only level 56 and i will have no more credits.

Plan is to replace Barriss with Luminara in Arena, probably with QGJ as leader and stick with Yoda. I know objectively i could have a better team without him until i get him to 7* but the jumping bean is such fun to play with.. ;)

Swapping in Lumi would be great.

Although I definitely know what you mean. Having a lot of fun with Yoda myself. At the end of the day it's who you have the modt fun with I guess.