Keep the GAC currency even after cancelling?

Replies

• TVF
    36591 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    I didn't have it until near the end when they pushed the update to end the event. I think it just revealed all of them.

Just saying.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    How much currency were people able to get?

More than zero - which is why it's an issue.

Pushing out buggy content and forcing your players to act as your beta testers is one thing. Allowing some to keep rewards that others couldn't even earn is quite another.

Only CG could have figured out how to make a poorly executed launch of new content even worse....and yet they never cease to amaze in that regard.

If the content was bugged, then no one should get rewards. Period. Honestly, it's probably just too difficult for them to figure it out.

They should just reimburse people crystals who refreshed fleet battles for the fleet feat, then reset everyone's GAC back to zero.

Just another example of CG taking the easy way instead of doing it the right way.

This is some part of the list that I saw. GAC only things cost nothing for the player (assuming they took such a risk in an ongoing event that they didn't know to be canceled afterwards), everything else costs something.

oij9d2j6e2bq.png

I definitely didn’t have the clone fleet feat in my list. I didn’t realize they were pushing different feats to different players. What’s up with that?

No idea, none at all. I am one of those majority that got sent to cashier xD

That wasn't the feats we had, that's why. It was:
    Win a GA battle with an undersized squad
    Win 5 GA battles with an undersized squad
    Win 15 fleet arena battles
    Win 8 GA battles on the first attempt
    Completely clear 10 GA territories
    League promotion

I may have forgotten one. That screenshot was from the Devs feat introduction post on here.

No, *this* was the screenshot from the dev post.

4ddduz4tvsaz.png

Yeah, just double checked myself. Remembered the Arbitration feat was on the Dev one. Either way, the feats I listed were the ones we had available to earn during the cancelled GA.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    The person that posted the screenshot got those listed (+all the previous ones) himself before the whole thing got canceled. Those are the only new ones that got added.
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member

I wasn't able to battle but managed to get 80 currency from feats. There was a short window to do other feats. I did two different fleet arena feats, one for the 15 battles, and one using 3 clone ships during a battle and winning (tough to do actually with the current meta) and another was using Galactic Republic toons in arena to defeat 5 toons.

I saw some people with over 100 currency.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Strubz wrote: »

I wasn't able to battle but managed to get 80 currency from feats. There was a short window to do other feats. I did two different fleet arena feats, one for the 15 battles, and one using 3 clone ships during a battle and winning (tough to do actually with the current meta) and another was using Galactic Republic toons in arena to defeat 5 toons.

100+ currency just isn't that big of a deal.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    z5rifle9dskv.jpg
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

Cool. Then CG should just correct everyone to 100+GAC and call it a day.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member

I have no say in the matter. I'm just not bothered by it. It's an irrelevant amount.
  • Absolutely disgusting if they don’t reward all players the same. I was 1 fleet battle from completing the feat and had plenty of time left to complete it. I didn’t get a chance to do any battles. Why should I be rewarded less because of a big big mess up by CG. Fuming.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

With things like this, to make that happen is more difficult then it sounds and has to be done manually to make the list, there is no easy way built in to poll that data.

Not saying its impossible or anything.

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

I have no say in the matter. I'm just not bothered by it. It's an irrelevant amount.

I'm not bothered by the amount. The principle is what sticks in my craw.

CG made a big deal about cheat prevention and making sure people wouldn't be prevented earning rewards. Except when CG messes up and people can't earn rewards (even though a small number were able to) that's somehow acceptable.

Whatever. CG is going to continue to just CG this game into the ground one bad decision after the next. This might be a minor example - but it's still an example.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I am bothered by the amount, even as small as it is, because it leverages earnings over time. An extra 100, even 50, could mean the difference between additional gear pieces down the road, that gives someone else an advantage in future league dates.
  • Captain_Apollo
    423 posts Member
    edited June 2019

Right now maybe not. It totally depends on how they adjust the shop prices, content and awards for the full release. 100 tokens might make a difference between being able to buy 1 gear piece more than the other guy which would in turn impact pvp mirror matches.

It's not out of the realm of possibility that CG Would set prices for a must have gear(or whatever else they come up with as a must have) piece along with event payout amounts in a way that the 100 extra tokens becomes an advantage. Not because CG wanted to make it an advantage but because they didn't bother to factor in this screwup when setting things so you'd be just shy ~100 tokens to craft a piece after 1 GA in order to entice people to sign up for the next one.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member

Right now maybe not. It totally depends on how they adjust the shop prices, content and awards for the full release. 100 tokens might make a difference between being able to buy 1 gear piece more than the other guy which would in turn impact pvp mirror matches.

It's not out of the realm of possibility that CG Would set prices for a must have gear(or whatever else they come up with as a must have) piece along with event payout amounts in a way that the 100 extra tokens becomes an advantage. Not because CG wanted to make it an advantage but because they didn't bother to factor in this screwup when setting things so you'd be just shy ~100 tokens to craft a piece after 1 GA in order to entice people to sign up for the next one.

"So you're telling me there's a chance" comes to mind...
  • Kyno wrote: »

With things like this, to make that happen is more difficult then it sounds and has to be done manually to make the list, there is no easy way built in to poll that data.

Not saying its impossible or anything.

So their failure to build tools that can ensure a fair solution abdicates them from all responsibility? Cool. I should try that next time I screw up at work.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

Interesting assumption, still an assumption. We don't even know how many managed to complete higher end of those feats in the little time they had out of the minority who was able to play it. It takes 5k GET2s to complete an injector head. And in a few days geo tb is arriving where the payouts will differ from guild to guild. And in order for new g13 pieces to be buyable someone needs to reach chromium league which will at the earliest be possible on 5 week exhibition which will finish at a time we have gone through a few geo tbs.

Fall on the "principle of it" all you want, the amount is still miniscule.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I am bothered by the amount, even as small as it is, because it leverages earnings over time. An extra 100, even 50, could mean the difference between additional gear pieces down the road, that gives someone else an advantage in future league dates.

It is the possibility of picking up a piece (of slavage) earlier then another player(by 1-2weeks), but is not a full anything. The sums we have seen doesnt give anyone a full anything they will not have to earn later. We are also talking about picking up a piece of salvage early, not anything in full.

Just want to be clear about that, so this stays in perspective.
  • Arguing about the potential benefit of the GAC is missing the point. There are only two "fair" outcomes.

1) Figure out who managed to get the most GAC and top everyone up to that amount.
    2) Take away all GAC earned completely.

Outside of that crystals should be reimbursed to anyone who refreshed their fleet attempts expressly to to complete the feat.

Whether or not it's 'difficult' shouldn't be a consideration. EA is a multi-billion dollar company; their shareholders can suffer a one cent reduction in dividends to hire someone to fix a self-induced problem.

• Ironjehoshaphat
    335 posts Member
    edited June 2019

More than zero - which is why it's an issue.

Pushing out buggy content and forcing your players to act as your beta testers is one thing. Allowing some to keep rewards that others couldn't even earn is quite another.

Only CG could have figured out how to make a poorly executed launch of new content even worse....and yet they never cease to amaze in that regard.

If the content was bugged, then no one should get rewards. Period. Honestly, it's probably just too difficult for them to figure it out.

They should just reimburse people crystals who refreshed fleet battles for the fleet feat, then reset everyone's GAC back to zero.

Just another example of CG taking the easy way instead of doing it the right way.

I'd be fine if they reimbursed crystals and set everyone to zero.

But come on, man, it's 40 GEC. It's nothing.

@CaptainRex

But that 40 may be enough for someone to buy that last piece of Gear 12 finisher to take a toon to Gear 13, while someone- through the launch of this event being **** will have to fight that against that player.

And that second player could be within 30 currency of buying that last bit of Gear 12 finisher to put a toon to 13. Any amount is an advantage that was unfairly given by CG. They need to give everyone the same amount. Then everyone would be on the same level at the start of the next event.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

And then people would still be upset because other people are still 100 GAC ahead of them...

It is 100 currency at most for a few people. Ignoring it is fine.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    I got 60 currency and I can't decide what I should buy with that :/ 1.2 golden eyeballs or 4 Mk1 slicing mats?
    tenor.gif?itemid=8203989
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    I got 60 currency and I can't decide what I should buy with that :/ 1.2 golden eyeballs or 4 Mk1 slicing mats?
    tenor.gif?itemid=8203989

Dude you got such a huge advantage! How will other people who didn't get that be able to compete now?!
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Lol they agreed with my point about the GAC currency amount being too small to matter. TVF = Shill confirmed!
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »
    tenor.gif?itemid=8203989

Dude you got such a huge advantage! How will other people who didn't get that be able to compete now?!

They can't. I'll climb right to #1 kyber league and others will dare me to set meme squads on defense.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    BeralCator wrote: »

Whether or not it's 'difficult' shouldn't be a consideration. EA is a multi-billion dollar company; their shareholders can suffer a one cent reduction in dividends to hire someone to fix a self-induced problem.

Unfortunately that is not how things work.... there is a reason car companies know how many people a mistake will kill, and insurance companies know how much each finger is worth. The difficulty vs value/reward is considered when these thing happen. How we feel about the outcome may change thier mind, but they likely considered that vs the effort to make changes/the value of the rewards, when they had their meeting.
  • I don't like some people getting the extra currency because they were able to run battles and I wasn't able to and large portion of the player base wasn't either. But I'm fine with it. It's not really fair to take away currency from people who did nothing wrong and it would be quite a hassle to go in and try to balance everyone out to the exact same amount of currency.
    I am bothered by the amount, even as small as it is, because it leverages earnings over time. An extra 100, even 50, could mean the difference between additional gear pieces down the road, that gives someone else an advantage in future league dates.

Have you looked at the GAC shop? 100 currency is less than half the currency needed to buy any salvage out of the store. For example, 275 currency will get you 5 droid caller salvage. The likelihood or amount of any actual "advantage" due to this is very minuscule.
  • TVF wrote: »

Potential implications do exist. I know you think I'm a troll by now but honestly a few months ago I would have laughed at that amount of tokens but after what I experienced with the Padme event I'll be very careful with tokens.

When I was on the last couple hours of the Padme event I was getting so close to beating tier 7 that one extra g12+ piece on Assajj or GG could have tipped the scale of the event. I didn't have enough medpacks to get the last piece on Grievous or Ventress but imagine if I only needed 400 guild event tokens to get the last 4 salvages of the medpack and give them the piece but u only had 399? Similarly with my B2 I got him to g11, what if it was a few salvages away from g12 and the massive power spike that comes from g12 pieces. I had all 3 basic pieces saved up for when I got B2 to g12.

You see when it comes to tokens that cannot be earned outside of events that can tip the scale on a legendary event or something like that I would say that even 1 token can prevent you from getting the last salvage that's going to get you the last piece you need to get there. Or the last piece that's going to push you over g12 and the power spike that comes from 6 dot mods and g12 pieces.

So in conclusion I don't want anyone losing anything, I want the devs to give all players the same amount that's going to get everyone to the max possible amount that could have been earned. So for example if the total amount possible was let's say 150, you got 100 someone got 50 someone got 150 and someone got 0, they would have to give you 50, the next guy gets 100, the next guy gets 0 and the next guy gets 150. This way nobody gets anything taken away but everyone gets to the same starting point. If you wanna speak about fairness then that's what's fair
  • Keep the feat progress. If people have finished some of them, then no more for them