Keep the GAC currency even after cancelling?

13Next

Replies

• Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Strubz wrote: »
    How much currency were people able to get?

I wasn't able to battle but managed to get 80 currency from feats. There was a short window to do other feats. I did two different fleet arena feats, one for the 15 battles, and one using 3 clone ships during a battle and winning (tough to do actually with the current meta) and another was using Galactic Republic toons in arena to defeat 5 toons.

I saw some people with over 100 currency.

100+ currency just isn't that big of a deal.

Right now maybe not. It totally depends on how they adjust the shop prices, content and awards for the full release. 100 tokens might make a difference between being able to buy 1 gear piece more than the other guy which would in turn impact pvp mirror matches.

It's not out of the realm of possibility that CG Would set prices for a must have gear(or whatever else they come up with as a must have) piece along with event payout amounts in a way that the 100 extra tokens becomes an advantage. Not because CG wanted to make it an advantage but because they didn't bother to factor in this screwup when setting things so you'd be just shy ~100 tokens to craft a piece after 1 GA in order to entice people to sign up for the next one.

"So you're telling me there's a chance" comes to mind...

There's always a chance some people will make a big deal out of nothing. I mean have you noticed the cost of switching mods? Ridiculous.......
  • If you consider that 7/8 of the people would get less rewards from not bring first in GAC. Can you guys please stop crying about this since you all got 1st place rewards?
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    @BaldingHead90 I think many things about you, but I do not think you are a troll. As someone who gets annoyed at the constant accusations of me being a troll, from yourself as well IIRC, I am careful about throwing that term around. I think you are honest in your complaints, as much as I disagree strongly with them, so that doesn't make you a troll.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    It's, like, 90 tokens max, and odds are slim you could have managed most of those feats in one match.

The fleet event required spending unreasonable amounts of crystals to pull off promptly, among other strange shenanigans. Someone who did that has earned those tokens.

No answer would be perfect for everyone, but the stakes are so low that you're basically complaining that Stacy's cookie has more chocolate chips than yours. Even if it's true, it's a petty thing to raise the flag over.

50 crystals is not an unreasonable amount. In fact, you needed 0 based on the timeline given. If you needed more than that it’s your own problem with being impatient.
  • PrincessVespa131
    3 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    As others have suggested, it is not a big deal so if you aren't happy don't play. I was a dolphin and P2P, my standards and expectations are different than many here obviously. To you, I wish you happy RNG and good luck in battles and GAC. To CG and EA, I have uninstalled the game, it is unacceptable to have continuous crashes at implementation and roll-out for these game modes and to allow for uneven player currency on initiation (no matter how slight - perceived or actual).As the saying goes vote with your dollars, and you have lost mine.
  • Tarah
    202 posts Member
    we aew speaking of nuts... c'mon..
  • Tarah
    202 posts Member
    and ppl compelted the fleet mission... spent crystals to do it... like me (min 1 refresh) so if currency is cancelled i would have my 50 crsyatals back..
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    50 crystals is not an unreasonable amount. In fact, you needed 0 based on the timeline given. If you needed more than that it’s your own problem with being impatient.
    The set of people subject to the refund and the set of people who spent zero crystals on the feat have no overlap.

Fact of the matter is there are people who spent crystals directly and specifically on fleet arena refreshes to get points, then had those points taken away. Compensation is not unreasonable. CG is not wrong for considering it. And it's not like others who spent crystals, say, gearing up toons, who still have those toons geared up.
    Still not a he.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    How much currency were people able to get?

More than zero - which is why it's an issue.

Pushing out buggy content and forcing your players to act as your beta testers is one thing. Allowing some to keep rewards that others couldn't even earn is quite another.

Only CG could have figured out how to make a poorly executed launch of new content even worse....and yet they never cease to amaze in that regard.

If the content was bugged, then no one should get rewards. Period. Honestly, it's probably just too difficult for them to figure it out.

They should just reimburse people crystals who refreshed fleet battles for the fleet feat, then reset everyone's GAC back to zero.

Just another example of CG taking the easy way instead of doing it the right way.

I'd be fine if they reimbursed crystals and set everyone to zero.

But come on, man, it's 40 GEC. It's nothing.

@CaptainRex

But that 40 may be enough for someone to buy that last piece of Gear 12 finisher to take a toon to Gear 13, while someone- through the launch of this event being **** will have to fight that against that player.

And that second player could be within 30 currency of buying that last bit of Gear 12 finisher to put a toon to 13. Any amount is an advantage that was unfairly given by CG. They need to give everyone the same amount. Then everyone would be on the same level at the start of the next event.

And then a week later the 2nd player will have their character G13. This happens all the time in SWGoH. None of this stuff in game-breaking. I continued to take 1st place every day even though I didn't get Jedi Revan the first time around, and other players in my shard continued to take 1st every day even though I had DR G12 2 hours after he was released, and Malak G12 a week after. Won't make a difference.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).