Stormtrooper Han?

Just before Poe got released I started working on my droid team which is just now 100% finished as I've finished farming stormtrooper han. Before poe he seemed like a great tank as he would be the first to die and would help get your droids to 100TM. Now with everyone using poe in arena I'm trying to decide if it's even worth going in with my Han. If poe becomes less relavent at 80-90 do you think han could come back or should I cave in and work on 7* my own poe?

Also curious other peoples experience with han? I've found him much more useful vs non-poe teams than using my own poe, but there's no sense in fighting a poe team with my han. Do you think that han will get even better as 1-shots are less common?

Replies

• If Han can go from only surviving 1-3 hits, to surviving 3-5 hits, he will be much more powerful. Right now he would usually get killed off before hit taunt, or only have enough health left for 1 hit after his taunt. If he gains a bunch of health, or they rework how armor/defense works he will be a TM beast.
  • I think they should increase his HP and decrease the TM change.
  • True, right now the TM changes are as follows:

Taunt: Total +30% TM
    1st hit: Total + 50% TM
    2nd hit: Total + 70% TM
    3rd hit: Total + 90% TM
    etc.

And that doesn't include the 25% chance to remove 10% of the enemy team's TM for every hit taken or the 25% chance to remove 25% of the TM just for it being his turn.

He shouldn't be able to survive more than 3 hits after his taunt is used, but I wish he was able to get a turn before being killed off. I guess the key is just to have other characters on your team that are higher threats than Han so can taunt with close to full health.
  • Stevespear426
    436 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    He's a niche piece. But if you want him to live throw him in a team with Yoda and lumi. Use Yoda BM 1st the first turn, to prevent DOTs and healthing immunity. And then send lumis heal out on the first turn even if he doesn't need it. He'll get the bumps for the next 2 rounds. This usually will keep him alive long enough to make it 4 vs 3. This only really works for offense. Pairing him with daka on defence usually makes the opponent frustrated since if they take him out before the taunt daka may bring him back and if they target daka first he gets his taunt off.
  • I'm not sure the merit of discussing a character's worth in terms of them on defense. Defense in this game is a joke. I can tell you when you are controlling Han, he is great. As far as him or Poe, you need Ackabar lead to make Han better than Poe.
  • I think Han is very situational. He won't work on every team for reasons discussed above (low health, slow/med speed). With Ackbar lead he can be deadly but he's super squishy. Poe is an all around "better" tank in that he's got a lot more versatility on almost any squad.
  • I am 7*ing my Han. He will likely have an amazingly useful synergy one day and you will be happy you have him.
  • I suggest hypermaxing your Poe first. Han is only able to taunt before him when paired with Ackbar and Poe and he has more HP than Han.