And ofc, the Hidden nerf of the update.

CPMP
974 posts Member
Ahsoka Tano appears to do less damage now. It's weird because it didn't got mentioned in the patch notes. Like with Poe change back then. And when i thought the hidden nerfs days were over.

Replies

• VIII
    495 posts Member
    I noticed that too, but their has to be a balance she does have +45 speed now and +45% health
    [SöD]
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    Its technically not a nerf since it was a net gain in usefulness. But if they are staying true to form somebody rarely used will get nerfed *cough* Greedo *cough*
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    VIII wrote: »
    I noticed that too, but their has to be a balance she does have +45 speed now and +45% health
    [SöD]

Yeah, but did they "forgot" to mention in the patch notes that they also reduced her damage in the process? :P
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    I dont recall reading in the notes that her passive gave her crit chance either.
  • Ahsoka got an redesign, it is unfair to say she got nerfed or buffed. She now works in a different way. Like RG. They removed turnmeter manipulation, so got he nerfed or buffed?
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • papy72
    182 posts Member
    If they buffed her speed and nerfed her damage isn't it a bit of a wash? She doesn't hit as hard, but she ends up hitting more often.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Drake23 wrote: »
    Ahsoka got an redesign, it is unfair to say she got nerfed or buffed. She now works in a different way. Like RG. They removed turnmeter manipulation, so got he nerfed or buffed?

I'm not talking about Ahsoka's evasion Up that got replaced, which is also what happened to RG when they redesigned a spell. I'm talking about damage decrease from stats, like with Poe Dameron 1 speed decrease that didn't got mentioned and made people angry. There is a difference between redesign a spell and lowering hero's base damage.

@Benr3600 The patch notes mention the skills on rank 1.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    I didn't notice any significant decrease in damage? In either case, a damage calibration would make sense considering she's now a very fast toon. I'd hate to have Snips turn into the next GS, with ppl hating.
  • Drake23
    866 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    CPMP wrote: »
    Ahsoka got an redesign, it is unfair to say she got nerfed or buffed. She now works in a different way. Like RG. They removed turnmeter manipulation, so got he nerfed or buffed?

I'm not talking about Ahsoka's evasion Up that got replaced, which is also what happened to RG when they redesigned a spell. I'm talking about damage decrease from stats, like with Poe Dameron 1 speed decrease that didn't got mentioned and made people angry. There is a difference between redesign a spell and lowering hero's base damage.

There was no basic value manipulation with Ahsoka. The "spell" has changed ang got an other damage manipulation. It hits less till Level 7 but has a better healing. With Level 8 it hits harder as before her redesign.

And by the way RG got less damage after redesign too.
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Guys...I don't have problem with her damage being nerfed, but with hiding it from the patch notes like it doesn't even matter.
    Am i the only one that thinks the patch notes are written in a way to present everything like roses and rainbows (New awesome hero in shard shop!!, FREE magmatrooper for everyone!) while trying to hide the negative stuff, like nerfs, costs , etc?
  • Artas
    223 posts Member

So why not to mention all things that are done for Ahsoka? Why to mention the positive ones only? Just saying...
  • Drake23
    866 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Guys...I don't have problem with her damage being nerfed, but with hiding it from the patch notes like it doesn't even matter.
    Am i the only one that thinks the patch notes are written in a way to present everything like roses and rainbows (New awesome hero in shard shop!!, FREE magmatrooper for everyone!) while trying to hide the negative stuff, like nerfs, costs , etc?

"Her kit has been revised to give her a chance to shine."

So they take an attack and replace it by an other. Why should have it exactly the same damage? She is faster and can hit more often. She always heals. She is much better now.
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • from swgohdb, it looks like the multiplier on her basic is about 0.1 lower (so a decrease of about 7%). Her special damage multiplier is down about 10%
  • Plasmaj wrote: »
    from swgohdb, it looks like the multiplier on her basic is about 0.1 lower (so a decrease of about 7%). Her special damage multiplier is down about 10%

Yes and if the opponent is below 50% health she gets a bonus of 50% damage!!!!!!

Drake23, Its a trap
  • Plasmaj
    297 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    to be fair, the patch notes do not describe all the changes, just the fundamental changes to her abilities. They list what Level 1 abilities do, but it is only post-patch and from datamined files that people know what higher level abilities do. It would be unrealistic for the notes to include each change in the multipliers. They could have mentioned that damage was tweaked lower, but I am guessing that EA_Jesse was not even aware. From a balance perspective, they may have felt that with the large buffs she was getting elsewhere, a minor damage adjustment was necessary.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member

There was no basic value manipulation with Ahsoka. The "spell" has changed ang got an other damage manipulation. It hits less till Level 7 but has a better healing. With Level 8 it hits harder as before her redesign.

And by the way RG got less damage after redesign too.

Actually there was according to data-mining.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Ahsoka is now in my jedi line up she is great now!! Her damage is just a little less but what did you want a high speed, high hp hard hitting tank?
  • I just faced a 5* ahsoka with a 5* QGJ lead and at start of match she was granted offense up, Speed up, Crit up. That was before anyone moved.

So yay!

I got a 5* Ahsoka and only 1 upgrade away from gear 8.

Time to level her up from 62 and add her to the main team.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I'm one of the first in line to rip the devs on things like this - but this isn't a thing. They reworked her entire kit, basically rebuilding the way she works. They did a great job, imho (if you read the Ahsoka threads, the devs basically did what everyone asked - gave her more speed, tweaked her heal, gave her a finishing blow buff, etc.) The fact that they didn't break down all the numerical changes by level or the specific adjustments to keep her balanced is completely understandable.

As someone has already mentioned, EA Jesse might not have even known the precise numbers and at what levels they become relevant.

Everything about the Ahsoka rework is a big plus - and I don't consider it a "nerf" by almost any definition.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I'm one of the first in line to rip the devs on things like this - but this isn't a thing. They reworked her entire kit, basically rebuilding the way she works. They did a great job, imho (if you read the Ahsoka threads, the devs basically did what everyone asked - gave her more speed, tweaked her heal, gave her a finishing blow buff, etc.) The fact that they didn't break down all the numerical changes by level or the specific adjustments to keep her balanced is completely understandable.

As someone has already mentioned, EA Jesse might not have even known the precise numbers and at what levels they become relevant.

Everything about the Ahsoka rework is a big plus - and I don't consider it a "nerf" by almost any definition.

You are right. The aurodium pack removal confirms that.