Malak in platoons?

Prev1
ssj4tim
135 posts Member
So is he coming back soon so guilds can complete platoons or is the idea that the first Geo TB is for the whales and their guilds? Personally I would think if EA wanted us to open our wallets bringing him back at the same time as the first TB would be the way to go so people close will drop coin to try to get it so their guilds can fill platoon squads.

Replies

• Boba_The_Fetter
    3393 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Malak in platoon s is a slap in the face. Tip of the spear people must be overjoyed that's how their money is being utilised (apart from the 800 whatever that got him f2p)
  • Except that you can't buy him to 6 or 7 stars. And even if you do have the GET saved to purchase enough shards to bring him to 6 or 7 stars the timing is going to be incredibly tight.

They may do it but there is a lot that someone would have to do simply to use him in a platoon in the upcoming TB. Not all of which can be sped up with money (GET collection specifically).
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    I feel like we were already given a pep talk once before characters like Malak would not be in platoons.

I suspect this quarrel will end with them stating any restrictions or dialect discussing it was for hoth and not geo.
  • Gair wrote: »
    I suspect this quarrel will end with them stating any restrictions or dialect discussing it was for hoth and not geo.

That's exactly what they'll say and have pretty much said that in the announcement.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Why would I care if Malak is in platoons? It’s not like I and everyone else wasn’t warned this was going to be endgame, very hard, and for big guilds.

This isn’t a slap in the face. I and others have said repeatedly that smaller guilds need to beware. They need to have the expectations tempered.

I honestly hope this is a wake up call for those people who thought the warnings were just to scare you, that it wasn’t going to be that bad. It’s going to be that bad. A lot of guilds will not be able to fill platoons. The missions are going to be difficult. Start preparing mentally to want to throw your phone.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    sying wrote: »
    Why would I care if Malak is in platoons? It’s not like I and everyone else wasn’t warned this was going to be endgame, very hard, and for big guilds.

This isn’t a slap in the face. I and others have said repeatedly that smaller guilds need to beware. They need to have the expectations tempered.

I honestly hope this is a wake up call for those people who thought the warnings were just to scare you, that it wasn’t going to be that bad. It’s going to be that bad. A lot of guilds will not be able to fill platoons. The missions are going to be difficult. Start preparing mentally to want to throw your phone.

This is pretty spot on.

I also want to add that more Guilds will end up with Malak and being able to fill these platoons quicker than they were able to do so on the previous TBs. This may all seem steep, but its way easier to plan and build up towards than the previous TBs were before they were locked in.
  • So why do you guys want the newest hard endgame content to not need a lot of the hard to get meta character?
  • If Geo TB gets released BEFORE Darth Malak event returns, then it's going to be a slap in the face, because the amount of players who got Malak the first time is really low. We all know that.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    If Geo TB gets released BEFORE Darth Malak event returns, then it's going to be a slap in the face, because the amount of players who got Malak the first time is really low. We all know that.

not its not a slap in the face. its end game content and anyone expecting this to be the linchpin in their TB plan, should be ready to be slapped by this TB.
  • Lanbo
    128 posts Member
    Well, it's certainly nice to know exactly what is needed for platoons so we can plan accordingly. I kind of like that high end characters will be needed as it makes it a difficult choice. Of course it's easy for players that can still complete all missions with other toons but a difficult choice for those that cannot. Isn't this game all about resource management and difficult choices?
  • It’s smart if they bring him back soon.
    To force more spending on the necessary toons to unlock him.
    And yes you can quickly get him to 6-7 stars IF you have the GET saved , and IF you want to keep refreshing the store. Which will take crystals being spent in a large amount.
    They said new TB is going to be very difficult. We get that.
    But also. No one ever said that Malak wouldn’t return a few weeks after DR as he did the first time so,....let’s just wait and see, and put the pitchforks away
  • Kyno wrote: »
    If Geo TB gets released BEFORE Darth Malak event returns, then it's going to be a slap in the face, because the amount of players who got Malak the first time is really low. We all know that.

not its not a slap in the face. its end game content and anyone expecting this to be the linchpin in their TB plan, should be ready to be slapped by this TB.

What definitely is a slap in the face is the fact that CG has dangled this TB in front of the entire player base (not just the Platinum Card-carrying tip of the spear) for quite some time, and now nobody is getting additional PvE content. Most of us will be exactly as desperate for more things to do as before, while Geo-ready krakens are actually getting two less days worth of TB. If I were among them, I'd be careful about picking the maiden run of the new TB over Hoth. Given CG's recent performance, I fully expect it to be an utter disaster.
  • It’s smart if they bring him back soon.
    To force more spending on the necessary toons to unlock him.
    And yes you can quickly get him to 6-7 stars IF you have the GET saved , and IF you want to keep refreshing the store. Which will take crystals being spent in a large amount.
    They said new TB is going to be very difficult. We get that.
    But also. No one ever said that Malak wouldn’t return a few weeks after DR as he did the first time so,....let’s just wait and see, and put the pitchforks away

Well given that the Geo TB is coming out in like 3 days I seriously doubt Malak will be returning before then since they haven't even announced his return yet.
  • I'm surprised CG hasn't been brought up on assault charges with all these claims about them slapping people in the face.
  • Drewbee
    50 posts Member
    Does anyone remember back to the that TW where the latest and greatest shiny new precious were voted out and the uproar that ensued? Isn't this basically the pve version of the same thing just wrapped up in a way to make you feel that we get to choose to put said shiny things in the unusable pile?
  • Do you really need Malak to fight in Geonosis? I am being serious. Is your Dark Side roster so restricted that you are actually banking on DR/Malak to carry you on that 1 node. And to be fair I hope they do the same with KoTOR LS and put JKR and Jolee in there, too. This event should focus on Seps and LS on GR/Clones/Jedi from that era only.
  • Strojař
    115 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    ThisYeezy wrote: »
    I'm surprised CG hasn't been brought up on assault charges with all these claims about them slapping people in the face.

Lol true i play at home so those slaps in the face could be considered as a domestic violence :D
    Don't be mad don't be sad just sue his a.**** with Kyles dad (only worthy people will understand) :D
  • Strojař wrote: »
    ThisYeezy wrote: »
    I'm surprised CG hasn't been brought up on assault charges with all these claims about them slapping people in the face.

Lol true i play at home so those slaps in the face could be considered as a domestic violence :D
    Don't be mad don't be sad just sue his a.**** with Kyles dad (only worthy people will understand) :D

The Dad’s going to jail for sure!!! - Bonnie’s unicorn
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    It's still better than -currently not farmable new toon platoons-. Now we can allocate between peeps in the guild whatever our total resources are.
  • Kyno wrote: »

This is pretty spot on.

I also want to add that more Guilds will end up with Malak and being able to fill these platoons quicker than they were able to do so on the previous TBs. This may all seem steep, but its way easier to plan and build up towards than the previous TBs were before they were locked in.

Bruh I really hope they pay you lots and lots of money man. In your eyes they can do no wrong no matter what, totally unbiased opinion, I mean that's just really funny, Kyno always there to save the day
  • Hmm I wonder what the term End-Game content means.

I wonder how that's related to anything. Just because Malak is end game it doesn't mean those who have him should have to waste him as a platoon unit and not use him in a combat mission for FUN. Which is what this post is all about
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    They are scared that the community will outsmart them as usual in the Geo TB and they're trying everything they can to make sure this event is for high tier guilds filled with whales ONLY. To sum it up even further, they're trying everything they can to make this event free but actually premium. As pretty much everything they are doing lately.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

This is pretty spot on.

Bruh I really hope they pay you lots and lots of money man. In your eyes they can do no wrong no matter what, totally unbiased opinion, I mean that's just really funny, Kyno always there to save the day

It's a balancing act since there are thousand of ones in constant bombardment of -they can do no good-, -they are pure evil-, -the game sucks, I dunno why I'm still playing-s. Objectivity related to a game doesn't exist just by the nature of it being a game.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Drewbee wrote: »
    Does anyone remember back to the that TW where the latest and greatest shiny new precious were voted out and the uproar that ensued? Isn't this basically the pve version of the same thing just wrapped up in a way to make you feel that we get to choose to put said shiny things in the unusable pile?

Apples to oranges.

Platoons have been a staple since tb started. CG tried making it so that pay toons were necessary almost immediately. The players complained. CG caved. This new tb is their opportunity to set the bar high again. I think they should. Moving forward, at least with tb people should expect this type of thing.
    Hmm I wonder what the term End-Game content means.

I wonder how that's related to anything. Just because Malak is end game it doesn't mean those who have him should have to waste him as a platoon unit and not use him in a combat mission for FUN. Which is what this post is all about

That’s not what this thread is about. This thread is about people without malak (smaller rosters) not having malak, not being able to get malak for who knows how long, and their guilds not being able to platoon malak which will make the missions harder without all bonuses.

Unfortunately, that’s the point. It would appear as though CG wants to make the platoons hard to fill.
  • Fredy5
    326 posts Member
    This TB is made for G13 toons and even with all platoon full, you will Fail.
    and you are talking about Malak ...
    Have you just seen the power boost of G13 ?
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    ssj4tim wrote: »
    So is he coming back soon so guilds can complete platoons
    Malak in platoon s is a slap in the face. Tip of the spear people must be overjoyed that's how their money is being utilised (apart from the 800 whatever that got him f2p)
    Pretty sure he won't come back before Geo TB so be prepared for the slap. Also just quit the "Malak is p2p/p2w" thing. While it may only be 882 COMPLETELY f2p ppl (that NEVER spent any money in this game) the number of very small spenders that might have spent like ~50-100 bucks back in 2016 is going to be significantly higher.
    Just because Malak is end game it doesn't mean those who have him should have to waste him as a platoon unit and not use him in a combat mission for FUN.
    If you would've read the Dev post you'd realize why Malak and DR are in platoons. You should make a "meaningful decision" - sacrificing a very viable squad in return for the platoon bonus which is going to play a major key role I assume.

On a side note: It's not about Malak. When sacrificing Malak you could still throw in SiT and probably be fine with your SE squad. It's the sacrifice of DR that's going to be painful, he's the real deal.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Chucko_marek
    3817 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    hmm. I figured it out.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

This is pretty spot on.

At least I have the pleasure of playing a game I like. Hope you find your fun too.