Malak in platoons?

2Next

Replies

• ssj4tim
    135 posts Member
    Options
    Personally I don't want them to take them out or think it is too difficult or any of that, I just want them to bring him back. His initial release caught a lot of people off guard and while yes there were a handful of people ready for him, then a handful of whales that dropped money on him, seems silly to restrict people that are ready to get him now. I suppose I get they want to reward those people, but hasn't the I win button they've had for a few months been reward enough? Doesn't it make sense to bring him back and allow others to experience the new content too?
  • TVF
    36594 posts Member
    Options
    As someone who got him, I'd rather the rest of you have to wait as long as possible :p
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Hmm I wonder what the term End-Game content means.

It's the end of the game (as we know it)

rtt so confusing, why do people keep saying malak costs money? and why would people need to panic farm chars for the second malak event?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Hmm I wonder what the term End-Game content means.

It's the end of the game (as we know it)

rtt so confusing, why do people keep saying malak costs money? and why would people need to panic farm chars for the second malak event?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36594 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    why do people keep saying malak costs money?

It makes them feel better about not having him.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Given that they've pretty much said they don't expect anyone to be able to complete Geo TB at the moment, it doesn't seem that outlandish for platoons to require a top tier character. By the time most guilds are getting 20+ stars in Geonosis, having Malak will probably not be that big of a deal.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36594 posts Member
    Options
    But he's never coming back.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    As someone who got him, I'd rather the rest of you have to wait as long as possible :p

zfy4wrulcxtt.png
  • Options
    So of all the people on this thread screaming outrage right now, who actually has Malak? Were any of you invited to the CG/Kraken meeting where it was agreed to put Malak in platoons? Platoons are not required to be filled. Platoons only cripple the defense of the next phase to make it “easier” on attackers.
  • Options
    I think the big issue here is just the fact we dont know when malak is coming back, and if you didn't prepare for his return by saving GET, that you're now even further behind the curve. I for one, have been using my GET slowly to help gear my seperatist droids, and this announcement now seems to say that investment was a bit if a waste. That I should've saved it for malak because my droids will be used in platoons anyways. And that's a bit of a slap in the face. BUT, this game is all about resource management, and geo tb being end game content, I certainly never expected to fill platoons right away. So I'm not that mad about it, plus we haven't even seen this mode in action and I suspect my guild can still get a few stars.
  • Options
    Malak in platoon s is a slap in the face. Tip of the spear people must be overjoyed that's how their money is being utilised (apart from the 800 whatever that got him f2p)

Looks like Looks like that “tip of the spear” went right up your butt if you paid money for him.

So how much money did it cost you for your arena standing and filling out a platoon for your guild they should thank you immensely! 😉
  • Options
    I understand this is end game content, Darth Revan and Malak are part of my most powerful team, my end game content. How am I going to use him in the new end game content....click on a platoon.

That's what annoys me, not being able to use a team I spent a lot of work on.
  • Options
    I need a whale guild, mine isnt even doing hstr yet....and weve been together 2 yrs
  • Options
    Docshady77 wrote: »
    I need a whale guild, mine isnt even doing hstr yet....and weve been together 2 yrs

You don’t need a whale guild for HSTR - mine is F2P, 145 to 150m GP. Never quite finished Hoth TB but got to within last 2 stars of both. We will try GeoTB and try and get as many stars as possible —> then allocate who farms what for the platoons & what characters are required guild farms.

Then we will do BETTER next time round, etc etc
    If we completed every platoon and stormed through it first time I’d quit right now!
  • Options
    We're not filling platoons. We are going full offense.
    LEEEEEEEEEEROOOOOYYYYYYY JEEEEEEEEENNNKINNNNS!!!
  • Kilker
    31 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Just be happy for static platoons. We’re lucky we won’t need 12 maleks plus 4 of the newest marquee.
  • TVF
    36594 posts Member
    Options

Do you even know what being a whale means?
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    If Geo TB gets released BEFORE Darth Malak event returns, then it's going to be a slap in the face, because the amount of players who got Malak the first time is really low. We all know that.

not its not a slap in the face. its end game content and anyone expecting this to be the linchpin in their TB plan, should be ready to be slapped by this TB.

For this time I agree with Kyno.... Look, I know, you know, everyone in your guild knows and Capital games knows and EA knows and yeah Disney too, they know that You want to do new content, unlock toons and progress and you want to do it NOW! And FAST! But guess what...? They don't want you too, I don't want you too, Capital games doesn't want you too and neither does Disney EA or like 100000 guilds out there... This should take time. You should be working towards it.

No one, is saying you need to pay so you can do all the new content. My god. And I think they made it hard enough where whales, krakens and the like won't be able to buy through it... not cheaply at least.

• TVF
    36594 posts Member
    Options
    If Geo TB gets released BEFORE Darth Malak event returns, then it's going to be a slap in the face, because the amount of players who got Malak the first time is really low. We all know that.

Get real, nothing in this game is a slap in the face. Stop overreacting.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/207340/this-is-a-complete-slap-in-the-face#latest
  • Lanbo
    128 posts Member
    Options
    I'm actually more concerned with the ship platoon requirements. Hoth wasn't a problem since the fleet battles were relatively easy, but I imagine Geo will be more difficult and we have a lot smaller pool of dark side ships than we do dark side toons.
  • Options
    sying wrote: »
    Why would I care if Malak is in platoons? It’s not like I and everyone else wasn’t warned this was going to be endgame, very hard, and for big guilds.

This isn’t a slap in the face. I and others have said repeatedly that smaller guilds need to beware. They need to have the expectations tempered.

I honestly hope this is a wake up call for those people who thought the warnings were just to scare you, that it wasn’t going to be that bad. It’s going to be that bad. A lot of guilds will not be able to fill platoons. The missions are going to be difficult. Start preparing mentally to want to throw your phone.

This is pretty spot on.

I also want to add that more Guilds will end up with Malak and being able to fill these platoons quicker than they were able to do so on the previous TBs. This may all seem steep, but its way easier to plan and build up towards than the previous TBs were before they were locked in.

Bruh I really hope they pay you lots and lots of money man. In your eyes they can do no wrong no matter what, totally unbiased opinion, I mean that's just really funny, Kyno always there to save the day

At least I have the pleasure of playing a game I like. Hope you find your fun too.

Kyno my dude, no doubt I'm having fun with the game, do I want it to be more f2p friendly? Absolutely, I mean the game is already not bad for f2p I just have a fairly competitive spirit and I get disappointed when they release characters that are insanely broken and I can't play them for months while others have a free(paid) ticket to the top.

But I mean I'm just curious when it comes to you, is there like nothing worth complaining about? Is there not a single thing you would wish they changed about the game that would make it even greater? Just something man, but with you it's like everything is cool, imma find a way to defend any type of criticism even if I have to sound a little insane this time. I mean good for you my guy but **** it's gotta hard on your soul man
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

And because of this type of attitude, no f2p in this community can relate or respect your criticisms in their posts. Thanks for reminding folks what it's all about, not about objectivity, but about personal interests and selfish motives. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but let's not forget where you're coming from :smile:
  • TVF
    36594 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    If I was worried about what anyone thinks of my posts, I wouldn't have over 12k of them.

But to your point, this is my first time at the tip of the spear, and it's a fantastic experience. Less battles and more crystals. Why wouldn't I want that to continue?
  • Options
    O
    Why would I care if Malak is in platoons? It’s not like I and everyone else wasn’t warned this was going to be endgame, very hard, and for big guilds.

This isn’t a slap in the face. I and others have said repeatedly that smaller guilds need to beware. They need to have the expectations tempered.

I honestly hope this is a wake up call for those people who thought the warnings were just to scare you, that it wasn’t going to be that bad. It’s going to be that bad. A lot of guilds will not be able to fill platoons. The missions are going to be difficult. Start preparing mentally to want to throw your phone.

This is pretty spot on.

I also want to add that more Guilds will end up with Malak and being able to fill these platoons quicker than they were able to do so on the previous TBs. This may all seem steep, but its way easier to plan and build up towards than the previous TBs were before they were locked in.

Bruh I really hope they pay you lots and lots of money man. In your eyes they can do no wrong no matter what, totally unbiased opinion, I mean that's just really funny, Kyno always there to save the day

At least I have the pleasure of playing a game I like. Hope you find your fun too.

Kyno my dude, no doubt I'm having fun with the game, do I want it to be more f2p friendly? Absolutely, I mean the game is already not bad for f2p I just have a fairly competitive spirit and I get disappointed when they release characters that are insanely broken and I can't play them for months while others have a free(paid) ticket to the top.

But I mean I'm just curious when it comes to you, is there like nothing worth complaining about? Is there not a single thing you would wish they changed about the game that would make it even greater? Just something man, but with you it's like everything is cool, imma find a way to defend any type of criticism even if I have to sound a little insane this time. I mean good for you my guy but **** it's gotta hard on your soul man
    On this issue I can see where Kyno’s coming from.

The platoon bonuses help everyone. To earn them, some guild members have to make a sacrifice. That’s the way it’s always been.

In the Hoth TBs, guilds at the top end have long been in the position that they can fill all platoons and not compromise their combat scores, since there are so many viable teams for both LS and DS.

But it wasn’t always like that.

In the early days those who gave up their Wiggs were usually consigning themselves to a dropped wave in the later phases. Now they can’t give those toons up quick enough!

Sure, it’s rough on the Malak owners in guilds that don’t have many of them - but there’s always a choice. Be a team player or don’t. The bonus might be fantastic and totally worth the sacrifice, or it might not.

My guess is that by the time guilds have so many Malaks that they can fill the platoons, there’ll be enough new / revamped squads in game that it won’t stop the deep rosters from excelling in combat. That’s exactly how it has happened in Hoth TBs.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

This is pretty spot on.

You are competetive so you want more and more for everyone which will simply move all accounts upwards which won't do any good you to be more competetive than you are?

Sorry but you are not an assigned general speaker for f2p. I'm a competetive f2p, that competetiveness relies on being ahead of the current, having foresight, being lucky with some investments, spending ridicilious amounts of time willingly day in and day out. I certainly don't want a game where demands you spread over to many topics comes true. You can't have it both ways, either enjoy playing a bit more casually or excel at it.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options

It has nothing to do with being a whale. You just need a bunch of certain teams and people that know how to play them.
    Skelturix, Dayma and me did the thing with 3 people - doing it with 50 people should be an easy task for every guild that has reached a certain level.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    They don't expect everybody to have malak the first week. This is endgame content. you need to keep building your roster and improving to max those stars. Obviously he will come back at some point. Focus your farm and work toward it.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options

I have some unfortunate news. Your guild is bad, and if you want to do HSTR (and Geonosis TB) you should move on.

A guild that still can't do HSTR after that long does not care about progressing, especially given how a handful of JKR teams can steamroll P2 now, and P3 has any number of goofy loop teams trivializing it at this point.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Jarvind wrote: »

I have some unfortunate news. Your guild is bad, and if you want to do HSTR (and Geonosis TB) you should move on.

A guild that still can't do HSTR after that long does not care about progressing, especially given how a handful of JKR teams can steamroll P2 now, and P3 has any number of goofy loop teams trivializing it at this point.

He’s not being harsh assuming your guild has at least 10 people with JTR, BHs, Revan and Nightsisters then HSTR should be on farm. 10 out of 50......