Question about Mid Tier Farming Priorities and Ships

Lapys
2 posts Member
Hi all, I *think* I'm just now around "mid tier" and am a little lost on my farming priorities post-Empire.

My profile: https://swgoh.gg/p/319364298/

Here's what I have:
Phoenix Squad G8/9 (Ezra 10)
Empire Squad G8/9 (ZPalp, Vader (6*), Thrawn, TFP, GMT)

My first and only zeta is on Palp.

I have a few 7* that I know I'll need/want later (Old Ben, STHan, Boba, Stormtrooper).

My ships are kind of all over the place, and this is what I'm most split on, priority-wise. I need another 5* to advance my Executrix. Even though I have Thrawn I'm not at all in a position to get his ship.

My short-term goal, I feel like, should be getting my material farming into a place so that I can slowly get zeta mats. The closest I have to that goal would (I think) be Tie Fighter Advanced, a few shards from activated, or Tie Silencer (KRU ship), which shares Cantina energy with the JKR chars T3-M4 and Mission Vao.

That said, I think even if I farmed nothing but Old Republic characters from now 'til the estimated JKR event, I couldn't get them in time without a significant spend (I'll throw a few dollars at the game during promotions, but nothing over 10-20 dollars at a time).

Long term I do want to get Old Republic as I enjoy them as characters, but I want to make sure that desire doesn't push out other goals longer than necessary (GMY, CLS, a good jedi team, etc). But if I can't get JKR no matter what on the next cycle, then it might be wise for me to push other goals instead.

Thoughts? If anything is vague I'll fill in details. Thanks for any constructive criticism!

Replies

• I'm in a similar status right now & this is what I've learned in the last 3 months.

The best way to handle DS ships IMO is to start with TIE's early & then get into BH ships since several of them are late game farms.

TIE Silencer & Kylo are in the same node & can be farmed before even getting into Fleet
    The game gives you ITF & TIE Pilot is good in R2D2 fight for Buff Immunity.
    FOTF & FOTP are a solid 3rd with 2 farm locations each (GWS & FS + LS/DS) Also helpful for BB8.

TAx1 & Slave-1 are your final 2 to get 5 to unlock Executrix's 5th Star & move into Zeta Challenge.
    They should unlock at 4* right about the time your getting the above 3 up to 6-7* range which should be just enough for the Challenges

The remaining 3 BH ships are all LS/DS Hard Node farms that will take quite a while to star them up.
    But when done you'll have 8 DS ships which should be all you'll ever need.

I wouldn't worry about Chimera or HomeOne for now & Endurance is mostly a waste of effort.
    Once you get DS up & Running then you can work on LS.

I would start Phantom/Ghost early when your already doing TAx1 & Slave-1 since all 4 are rare/uncommon.

Biggs & Wedge will go much faster late game as they have 2 locations to get them (GWS/FS)

I would farm 5 Hard Nodes (JKR chars x3 & FOTP x2) with the rest going to Gear/Normal farming.
    Once you complete some of those 5, then move on to DR Chars (x2) & BH Ships (x3).

For Jedi, I used the Phoenix/Luke trio & added Consular & Qui-Gon to Unlock GMY since Bastila didn't have enough stars for it. Then replaced QGJ & JC in actual Arena play with GMY & Bastila.
    It looks like you have Lumi already at 5* so her & QG would be the fastest options to star up for GMY next time around.
    This is assuming you can't get Bastila up to 7* by August.
  • Damon_Skye
    82 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Agree with the above comments. In addition to these, try and get your Vader to 7* to participate in the R2 event next month if you can - he pops in the Fleet store every now and again. R2 is a great character - very versatile and required for CLS when he comes back (probably in September-ish suits you better as you need Farmboy Luke and Leia to go up a couple of stars).

I concentrated totally on my DS ships to start with to get that Executrix event unlocked for the Zeta's - great strategy. JKR is definitely the target as he is a game changer for sure.
    My first zeta was also Palp's leadership - really improves that Empire squad a lot! :smile:
  • Before you over gear Rebel and Empire, wait to see about Geonosis TB. It makes you work for Hoth obsolete.
    G8 Empire team and that G8/9 Phoenix you have will do well to Hoth TB Phase 5.
    I suspect that there is no reason now to gear towards Phase 6 missions as by then you should perhaps be doing Geo TB.
    Rogue 1 is somewhat less useful now until you can spare resources as Galactic Republic toons/ships may be required for Light Side version of Geo TB. Separatist ships such as 3 geos are easy to * in fleet/gw stores. Brood Alpha and Wat may be the new HothCaptHan/ROLO&IPD.

So, perhaps gear for HSTR and arenas for now, ignore IPD missions and get ready for Geo after we get feed back on requirements.

Can't go wrong with Bossk, Boba, IG88, CadBane with ships (add Dengar for Chewie and Greedo for HSTR P3 "Bounty & the Beast" and Embo HSTR P1). B&B also needs JKAni, Chewie, DeathTrooper.
    Add Revan Jedi (Basti, GMY, Jolee, HermitYoda), [add Ezra until you get revan and don't zeta Basi Lead]
    Hopefully those G12+ Bounty hunters and Jedi will be of some use in Geo TB as they are for Raids.

Note: With Geo consolidating power in Guilds, you may find guilds Geo TB ready before being HSTR ready, or HSTR ready players leave to jump to Geo TB guilds. This also makes JTRey somewhat obsolete if you have Embo Bountyhunters P1, a quick P3 B&B, and then Revan for any of P1-4 if you can squeeze them in as the raid goes fast. Add Night Sisters P3 or 4 if there is time and hope they may have a Geo mission as AssajV is also a Separatist!
  • Lapys wrote: »

That said, I think even if I farmed nothing but Old Republic characters from now 'til the estimated JKR event, I couldn't get them in time without a significant spend (I'll throw a few dollars at the game during promotions, but nothing over 10-20 dollars at a time).

Long term I do want to get Old Republic as I enjoy them as characters, but I want to make sure that desire doesn't push out other goals longer than necessary (GMY, CLS, a good jedi team, etc). But if I can't get JKR no matter what on the next cycle, then it might be wise for me to push other goals instead.

Thoughts? If anything is vague I'll fill in details. Thanks for any constructive criticism!

Just start farming the Revan's. Whether you get it this time or next isn't a reason to not do that. As for ships, start with BH, work on that and geobugs for GeoTB. That's what I'd suggest. You need home 1 at 7s to be able to get thrawn at 7s. So you'll need rebel ships. OTMF, Cassians, Phoenix, etc.