Will there be gear that only certain people can get in grand arena store

Prev1
Atticon
30 posts Member
In the Grand arena store, when you click on a item it says that bronze is required. Does this mean that later down the road there will be times that only people of higher leagues will have access to certain gears?

Replies

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    I figured it was just some way of temporary locking down the store until it officially opens... I could be wrong though. Good question.
  • Atticon
    30 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    I figured it was just some way of temporary locking down the store until it officially opens... I could be wrong though. Good question.

Ya I honestly am a tad worried if it is.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    Yup, looks like you're gonna to have to fight your way out of Scrub League.

an07wuq9gdnw.png
  • Atticon
    30 posts Member
    Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Yup, looks like you're gonna to have to fight your way out of Scrub League.

an07wuq9gdnw.png

my worry is that they will have gear at higher leagues that will be needed and people that aren't whales will be SOL.
  • Options
    Has nothing to do with whales but everything to do with feats and completeing them. If u hover over it, the currency is unlocked upon reaching the bronzium level.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Has nothing to do with whales but everything to do with feats and completeing them. If u hover over it, the currency is unlocked upon reaching the bronzium level.

That's the point. OP is asking if there might be other gear locked behind, say kyber league.
  • Options
    There ain't a problem money can't solve. Y'all need to make a budget starting now of y'all want that gear
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    There ain't a problem money can't solve. Y'all need to make a budget starting now of y'all want that gear

This has nothing to do with the question
  • Options

That's the point. OP is asking if there might be other gear locked behind, say kyber league.

Even so, its still attainable wo spending as its feat related and everyone is starting at the bottom, regardless of gp. I mean my gp ls over 4 million and the only thing that is different between myself and a guild mate is the division not the starting level. So I would say that if the op and others are concerned about gear being locked, make sure you complete all the feats. That's what I'm planning on doing. Btw I'm not trying to sound snide or dismissive, just doing my best to explain that its non monetary related.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

Even so, its still attainable wo spending as its feat related and everyone is starting at the bottom, regardless of gp. I mean my gp ls over 4 million and the only thing that is different between myself and a guild mate is the division not the starting level. So I would say that if the op and others are concerned about gear being locked, make sure you complete all the feats. That's what I'm planning on doing. Btw I'm not trying to sound snide or dismissive, just doing my best to explain that its non monetary related.

I see what you're saying. Guess it will all depend on how obtainable these feats are for "average" players. And that's if this is even a thing...could be worrying about nothing.
  • Atticon
    30 posts Member
    Options

I get what your saying but I'm also looking at this from where I am at. I have been playing since the month the game launched. I took a one year break the year that Rouge one came out. and have been F2P with a 9.99 Purchase here and there over the course of years. I don't have nearly as many strong teams or completed teams as most to really be able to feel like ill be able to get above say silver or gold league ( I forgot what all the leagues will be called) so even though I play end game, if they lock some gear out because I don't have as many teams completed or geared up to really climb like say a Dolphin or a Whale can. Then honestly it kinda sucks. I get that they need to make money and such but this really puts a damper on things, when they are marketing this out to be end game content for all players to enjoy equally, when in reality, if it turns out that yes some gear will be locked then that is like a big slap in the face to F2p and even Dolphin's imo.
  • Options
    Atticon wrote: »

I get what your saying but I'm also looking at this from where I am at. I have been playing since the month the game launched. I took a one year break the year that Rouge one came out. and have been F2P with a 9.99 Purchase here and there over the course of years. I don't have nearly as many strong teams or completed teams as most to really be able to feel like ill be able to get above say silver or gold league ( I forgot what all the leagues will be called) so even though I play end game, if they lock some gear out because I don't have as many teams completed or geared up to really climb like say a Dolphin or a Whale can. Then honestly it kinda sucks. I get that they need to make money and such but this really puts a damper on things, when they are marketing this out to be end game content for all players to enjoy equally, when in reality, if it turns out that yes some gear will be locked then that is like a big slap in the face to F2p and even Dolphin's imo.

So far, the biggest gear purchase lock seems to be Chromium. I don't think it's far fetched to think that anybody from top 50 arena has a roster to reach that.
    Now, if you can't hit chromium, you probably won't be facing people that can in any game mode (except TW if you are the small fish in a strong guild), so why is it a problem precisely?

It's like complaining about players who score top 10 in hSTR having an advantage over players who still do tier 4-5.
  • Fredy5
    328 posts Member
    Options
    It's a P2W game now .
    Then the answer is obvious. Yes ...
    If you pay, you will have access to greater content. ..
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Currently the g13 finisher is under chromium lock. That's the middling league which won't be too easy to reach either. We'll see how points accumulate on 5 week exhibition to know for sure. Then your only other option to make a single toon g13 is geo tb. Good luck with that. Either case CG certainly doesn't want many full G13 teams parading around soon. Since krakens have to compete amongst themselves, this will hold true even for them (besides their obvious advantage at geo tb being the other half of the equation)
  • WitnessedJarl
    257 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    nlw18363rbbb.jpg

I am in division 1 to reach chromium league I need 11250 points. setting defense gives me 720 points (8 slots). over the course of a 5 week GAC I'd set defense 15x which would give 10800 points meaning I would only need 450 more points to reach chromium. Based on this I would think reaching chromium should be doable for everyone who is at least trying to play GAC.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    nlw18363rbbb.jpg

I am in division 1 to reach chromium league I need 11250 points. setting defense gives me 720 points (8 slots). over the course of a 5 week GAC I'd set defense 15x which would give 10800 points meaning I would only need 450 more points to reach chromium. Based on this I would think reaching chromium should be doable for everyone who is at least trying to play GAC.

Cool! If this is the final math they didn't mean carbonite to be a place where people have to stay as I thought. Everyone who simply plays will be able to climb, some being able to climb higher. Yea looks like a less dire picture for sure xD.
  • Options
    Not entirely sure if this is applicable for all divisions. If the lower divisions also need to get 11250 points to reach chromium while setting less defense slots it'll be a lot harder for them to reach this. However if the score needed to reach chromium scales down with divisions it should be possible for everyone.
  • Options
    nlw18363rbbb.jpg

Then the question becomes. Do I lose points if I lose? If I do then yes it will be tougher for F2P people to move up compared to others based off of strong and geared up teams. I have yet to read if we are able to lose points for losing because if so then we have a climb, much like MOBA games and I can say based off my experience, that will suck.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Not entirely sure if this is applicable for all divisions. If the lower divisions also need to get 11250 points to reach chromium while setting less defense slots it'll be a lot harder for them to reach this. However if the score needed to reach chromium scales down with divisions it should be possible for everyone.

Mine (div 3) shows 9,000 points for chromium.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    nlw18363rbbb.jpg

Then the question becomes. Do I lose points if I lose? If I do then yes it will be tougher for F2P people to move up compared to others based off of strong and geared up teams. I have yet to read if we are able to lose points for losing because if so then we have a climb, much like MOBA games and I can say based off my experience, that will suck.

I'm rather firm losing points is not possible. They've never said otherwise probably because they never even thought that would even be a concern. You do stuff, you move up, do more and better, go upper. Don't do any stuff, stay at the bottom.
  • Options
    I guess just based off of recent event's I'm just worried that it might be a thing and they haven't said anything. I mean look at the 2x week problem we just had because of bad communication. The clear communication problem is where a large part of my concerns stems from if I am being honest.
  • Nall1986
    37 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    kzvxhdz5o4qh.png
    I’m in division 3 and it’s a different point amount. So I think it’s safe to assume that everyone will have something different depending on what division you’re in. For me it’s just 900 more points after placing defenses to get to chromium league.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I guess just based off of recent event's I'm just worried that it might be a thing and they haven't said anything. I mean look at the 2x week problem we just had because of bad communication. The clear communication problem is where a large part of my concerns stems from if I am being honest.

They said everything else about the event in announcement, why would they keep something like losing points a secret? There's no such thing anywhere else in the game either. I think you are confusing your a's and z's. Bad turn of events has little to do with how designed the event. My concern is rather about the promised/announced new matchmaking algo that's nowhere to be seen yet.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I'm pretty certain I read that you cant lose points, or drop leagues during the GAC
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Getting into bronzium seems like a given if you participate at all, and just eyeballing it quickly it doesn't seem like you need to do super great to get into chromium either. Nothing is currently locked behind Aurodium or Kyber and it doesn't seem helpful to anyone to stress about hypotheticals.

Yes, I know, people will anyway, just saying.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    I'm always gonna be on the bottom of the whale pile and that's fine.
  • Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    Currently the g13 finisher is under chromium lock. That's the middling league which won't be too easy to reach either. We'll see how points accumulate on 5 week exhibition to know for sure. Then your only other option to make a single toon g13 is geo tb. Good luck with that. Either case CG certainly doesn't want many full G13 teams parading around soon. Since krakens have to compete amongst themselves, this will hold true even for them (besides their obvious advantage at geo tb being the other half of the equation)

Incorrect. The 6/19/19 update notes say that G12 Finishers will be available on nodes this week. So the Injector salvage will also be farmable.
  • Options
    Nall1986 wrote: »
    kzvxhdz5o4qh.png
    I’m in division 3 and it’s a different point amount. So I think it’s safe to assume that everyone will have something different depending on what division you’re in. For me it’s just 900 more points after placing defenses to get to chromium league.

I am division 6 and it is 8000 for me or 1250 after setting defenses. So it looks like it does scale down but not evenly. The lower your division the harder it is to advance but still anyone who actually participates and attacks shouldn't have a problem reaching Chromium.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    iivdflstfrvr.jpg

There's the answer if anyone doesn't know yet