Grand Arena Championships: Feats (featuring ship arena)

We are all introduced to a new game mode, feats, and a new currency. For some unknown reason it is a "feat" to compete in ship arena? Granted for some this is a lot easier than for others. I am sitting at 50 in my ship shard, no 7s capital ships, I don't have OTMF, hounds tooth at decent stars, Ebon hawk, or the meta capital ship. I have fought hard to get myself where I'm at. I'm supposed to win 15 battles on top of that! I think that would put me fighting daily for a top 5 spot for the next week. The issue isn't fighting 15, 30, 45 battles over the next 7 days. The issue is, there is no way I can feasibly win that many battles without tanking just for some coins. Why do ships, arena battles have anything to do with feats inside of the GACs. Why not change the feat to be about winning ship battles inside of the GA. Deploying certain squads, winning with a particular capital ship, without using all reinforcements.

It really feels like a huge disadvantage to be someone fighting for my spot in my arena (ship or squad) and have to do something this bizarre for an event that has nothing to do with my arena.

Replies

• USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    All you have to do is win 15 battles. I am 1/3 of the way there from yesterday and near payout today, I will be 10/15 complete with it.
  • Kalano
    415 posts Member
    Seems you are very lucky. Staying at rank 50 in ship arena while not winning 2 battles a day 😱🤔
  • USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    nabokovfan wrote: »
    We are all introduced to a new game mode, feats, and a new curre..... nothing to do with my arena.

Have you ever played WoW MMO and done the what a long strange trip it’s been for the purple Protodrake? Lot’s of things in that meta achievement did not tie in to the theme, other than every feat done during a major Azeroth Holiday.

Same thing here, complete the Lesser Feats to earn the meta at the top. Some are not tied to GAC ATM because this is a short exhibition GAC and maybe ships are not in the 7 day rotation.

• UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    nabokovfan wrote: »
    Why not change the feat to be about winning ship battles inside of the GA. Deploying certain squads, winning with a particular capital ship, without using all reinforcements.

They might do that in future GAC that include ships. We were told in the initial feat information post that they would include squad arena, fleet arena and GA.

I quite like it, as gives those that are weak in one aspect of PvP a chance to earn feats in other areas.
    Post edited by UdalCuain on
  • Same thing here, complete the Lesser Feats to earn the meta at the top. Some are not tied to GAC ATM because this is a short exhibition GAC and maybe ships are not in the 7 day rotation.

This makes no logical sense to me. Be it a short, long exhibition, the real thing. This feat sets a precedent that tasks are going to come out of other aspects of the game, not GACs. Imagine if there was a node for Hoth TB that said you needed to win X Arena battles. It just isn't smart from a development standpoint to link those events in that way. There's too much variation to make it fair for the entire player base.
  • nabokovfan wrote: »

It really feels like a huge disadvantage to be someone fighting for my spot in my arena (ship or squad) and have to do something this bizarre for an event that has nothing to do with my arena.

You are "fighting" for your spot in Fleet Arena, yet winning 15 battles seems like a bizarre task?

Everyone has the same amount of time to win the same number of battles for the same reward. These feats are clearly meant to promote growth/improvement, so if you don't feel you can accomplish it you should work on your fleet. Or you could drop in rank to get easier match ups, but that just ignores the problem of not having a strong enough fleet to win battles.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • nabokovfan wrote: »

You are "fighting" for your spot in Fleet Arena, yet winning 15 battles seems like a bizarre task?

Everyone has the same amount of time to win the same number of battles for the same reward. These feats are clearly meant to promote growth/improvement, so if you don't feel you can accomplish it you should work on your fleet. Or you could drop in rank to get easier match ups, but that just ignores the problem of not having a strong enough fleet to win battles.

My ship shard is a joke. I have to fight like crazy every so often, 3-4 battles to get the rng to get a win. I've seen people in the top 5 with this feat completed, I know it can be done if you have the meta. I don't. I don't have 7s capital ships and I'm in the top 50-65 typically. I've tried to drop rank and I've dropped 20 in two days with my worst ship. The entire point is that I shouldn't have to win 15 battles, that's a ton considering how little variation, competition, and how little this has to do with grand arena.
  • Yeah, it's kind of weird that they put non-GAC feats into the Championship Score. It's a pretty minor amount so not really a big deal at the end of the day...but who knows where this could go in the future. I'd prefer all the GAC feats be specifically related to GAC too.