Kit Reveal: Negotiator

Replies

• Jack1210
    771 posts Member
    Stud3099 wrote: »
    The other ships shown in the background are a little confusing.

ya those are really buggin me....
  • flux_rono
    2108 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    flux_rono wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Locked behind GET2 is a horrible choice. Way to piddle in the faces of those who like ships.....39,150 to unlock is disappointing.

Where is that confirmed now?
    I have only seen a "leak" which can easily be faked

It's in the developer's insight thread.

Ah okay. Thanks
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Y Wing Assault looks awesome.

Anakin coming in off the bench with that reinforce bonus is going to be soul-crushing.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    Y Wing Assault looks awesome.

Anakin coming in off the bench with that reinforce bonus is going to be soul-crushing.

The animation for it is awesome..... not sure why the put the animations in for the other specials since there won't be any.....lol
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Flugsvamp wrote: »
    Horrible decision to have to choose between g12 finishers or farming a Capital Ship

we have no idea if its really gonna be get 2 or a marqee they havent announced it.

They did. It’s in the dev insight thread.
  • In curious to know how fast it is.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    In curious to know how fast it is.

Its abilities would seem to indicate that its intended to go very early. We will see.

I'm assuming Valor will function just like Mace and reduce the Ultimate Cool down a lot?
  • Holy Kenobi
  • Patrick_LJenkins
    162 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    This part...classic...

Q: Why are we excited about this ship?
    A: First and foremost, it’s a new Capital ship!!! We haven’t had a new one in quite a while and this is a great opportunity for us to expand the range of options in Fleet Arena. It’s also pretty exciting to give General Kenobi his ship from Clone Wars and create a very different place style from Mace Windu’s Endurance.

"We haven't had a new one in quite a while"....nor will we for quite a while longer if Geonosis currency is how we are able to unlock it... (Well unless you are in a very large guild)
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    VonZant wrote: »
    In curious to know how fast it is.
    I'm assuming Valor will function just like Mace and reduce the Ultimate Cool down a lot?
    Would like official clarification on this
  • Reads like someone sat down and said "How can we bump the Falcon from the meta?" and designed a capital ship around the answer.

Well, it *is* the meta. They need some way to counter the best Fleet in the game. I'm happy with this, personally. Very strong Capital Ship, as they all should be.
  • Aldrahn wrote: »
    Hiding the unlock to the new fleet meta capital ship, behind MK2 from end-game TB is finally what will make me quit the game. Spectacular way to make top spots in fleet unnaproachable for people not in "TIP OF THE SPEAR" guilds. I can kiss this game goodbye since all I was able to get #1 in was fleet. Cue song..another one bites the dust...

I don't think the Negotiator will be unbeatable on offense with a current rebel fleet. If it's as tricky to play as the dev intentions post suggests, with the necessity to keep Valor on all ships and survive until you can clear the board with the Ultimate, the AI will likely suck at playing it on defense.
  • Jack1210 wrote: »

I like it. Feels more like a full fleet. I hope all these shiny new graphics and effects won't be too demanding on older mobile devices, or emulators running on older PCs, for that matter. But by the time the Negotiator shows up in fleet arenas, we'll likely run the game on entirely different hardware.
  • Hmm it was mentioned before he would get support vessels which is a very cool idea. But they actually do nothing?
  • Hello new meta
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Aldrahn wrote: »
    Hiding the unlock to the new fleet meta capital ship, behind MK2 from end-game TB is finally what will make me quit the game. Spectacular way to make top spots in fleet unnaproachable for people not in "TIP OF THE SPEAR" guilds. I can kiss this game goodbye since all I was able to get #1 in was fleet. Cue song..another one bites the dust...

If you are placing #1 in fleet, you have THE most "Tip of the Spear" asset in the game for almost a full year now and you're complaining about something that threatens to...oh, I dunno, bring balance to fleet arena?

I'm with TVF. Cya.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Nightlores wrote: »
    Hmm it was mentioned before he would get support vessels which is a very cool idea. But they actually do nothing?

They shoot and look cool. Is something else necessary?
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Jack1210 wrote: »

I like it. Feels more like a full fleet. I hope all these shiny new graphics and effects won't be too demanding on older mobile devices, or emulators running on older PCs, for that matter. But by the time the Negotiator shows up in fleet arenas, we'll likely run the game on entirely different hardware.

lol those effects won't even be in the game except for the ultimate.... I think they designed the graphics before they decided to remove them from the game.... (at least I hope lol)
  • Chewy88
    237 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    IronRanger wrote: »
    I don't think we buy g12 finishers with the MK2 get, do you? Maybe I'm wrong but thought that was different currency and store for that.

Yeah that's the GAC store, not the GEC/GEC2 store.

One letter off ;)

I believe they said g12 finishers will be showing up with the new currency got get along with them being in gac
  • Beeblebrox wrote: »
    So does Unending Loyalty expire on all ships once 1 ally has been saved by it, like JKR Saviour, or can your whole active fleet be saved once each @CG_SBCrumb ?

Seems very much like this is intended once again to be a new dominant meta instead of rock/paper/scissors as was promised!

Good question, I don't think it expires on everyone once used as it actually puts a buff on each ship. I read it as working more like Hera Syndulla's revive ability.But I could be wrong.

Disappointing that it's a forced choice between Gear 13 and the New Ship Content.
  • I’m very curious to see what kind of speed Negotiator will have. If it’s slower than home 1, I’m not seeing it last on defense. All you need to do is run Biggs Bistan HMF, nuke one of the slow GR ships before they take their first turn, then nuke a second with ackbar’s special and it’s a 1 v 3 before they can take their first turn. Yeah, the assists will do slightly less damage but I don’t think the reduction is significant enough to keep everyone alive. Oh, and as soon as they daze your entire squad just reinforce with gauntlet and use its cleanse.
  • Plo koon was always best used as a reinforcement for his protection up and cleanse when he was called in. So will he be getting a rework because I don’t see how he’s better than the clone ships?
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Jpfit262 wrote: »
    Plo koon was always best used as a reinforcement for his protection up and cleanse when he was called in. So will he be getting a rework because I don’t see how he’s better than the clone ships?
    None of the synergy ships taunt, and only Plo Koon is capable of passing taunt. The most effective lineup might end up using Plo Koon as Reinforcement depending on what ships you end up using
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    The Negotiator is a civilized weapon for an uncivilized age.