They broke GA matchmaking.

My first opponent has 200k higher toon GP. That's 10% advantage. It works out two two additional G12 teams with zetas. This is a bunch of ****.

Replies

  • The question is whether your opponent actually has two additional G12 teams with zetas. Otherwise your opponent may just have 200k gp worth of useless fluff that you don't have and matchmaking is actually better.
  • Are we supposed to match across divisions? This does not seem correct to me. Also the 400k GP difference seems a bit to much if you ask me.ggulxt4m873d.png
  • It looks to me like they're matching p2p players with f2p players and giving the paying players a huge GP advantage. This is ****.
  • well I'm p2p and I'm at a huge disadvantage so i don't think that theory holds.
  • Check G12 and zeta counts - it really looks like that's the ONLY thing they're looking at. This is farcical.
  • There's one guy on my group with 4 million GP and only 9 g12 toons. I'm at 3 million and have 44.
  • zenn
    16 posts Member
    Wow, You really broke the whole thing this time! Explain me, please, which part of this is a fair matchmaking:
    hbwqcb87nytz.png
    ...and because somebody will tell me the advantage is just some useless toons (half a million this time), here you are:
    bd6rg1paqejn.png
    EA, you really are mocking us in the most arrogant way!
  • zenn wrote: »
    The worst players bitched that they couldn't win at GA because their rosters suck. So their solution is to just **** the whole thing entirely. **** ****. Each and every one of them.
    Well, I'm first at both arenas everyday and I've never lost GA. Is that the thing that makes me the worst player?

    If you've never lost a GA, you probably weren't **** about losing every GA. A little reading comprehension goes a long way.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    They match to GP almost to the nose, and people complain that the matchmaking is broken based on how that GP is distributed, punishing fluff at the bottom of the roster, therefore the matchmaking is broken.

    The tune the matchmaking algorithm to take a broader array of factors into account and punish "fluff" less but resulting in larger gaps in GP, and people point at the difference in GP as an insurmountable travesty, therefore the matchmaking is broken.

    Aren't humans just lovely?

    Equal GP is fair. It rewards players for building a strong roster. There's a guy in my group two divisions higher. He literally has one million more GP just for toons. That's about as dumb as it gets.
  • zenn
    16 posts Member
    zenn wrote: »
    The worst players bitched that they couldn't win at GA because their rosters suck. So their solution is to just **** the whole thing entirely. **** ****. Each and every one of them.
    Well, I'm first at both arenas everyday and I've never lost GA. Is that the thing that makes me the worst player?

    If you've never lost a GA, you probably weren't **** about losing every GA. A little reading comprehension goes a long way.

    Lol, sorry mate - you're right, I just was too affected and I missed your point :smiley:
  • Guys I am facing same problems. Ga championships' matchmaking is terrible. I am 1.85mil gp and my matchups are against five players withfive tier divisions, one player that is division 4 and one player with division 6 same like me. The player in the division 4 is 2.6 mil gp... I mean come on CG!
  • HerderOfNerf
    92 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    zenn wrote: »
    zenn wrote: »
    The worst players bitched that they couldn't win at GA because their rosters suck. So their solution is to just **** the whole thing entirely. **** ****. Each and every one of them.
    Well, I'm first at both arenas everyday and I've never lost GA. Is that the thing that makes me the worst player?

    If you've never lost a GA, you probably weren't **** about losing every GA. A little reading comprehension goes a long way.

    Lol, sorry mate - you're right, I just was too affected and I missed your point :smiley:

    No problem. I'm just a little irritated. GA was my favorite part of the game. I've never lost a match. Now they've gone and **** it up.
  • xDarthLegacyx
    2 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Im at 2.6 million and a guy in my bracket is at 4 mil, there is no excuse for this matchmaking, gp is overall power, how is 50% more GP fair even if i have lots more g12, just because he played the game the way he wanted doesnt mean we should have to cater to his playstyle. If you play a game where you pay for toons, dont expect to be competitive in pvp unless you have focused, and those of us that have focused shouldnt have to play people way out of our league....stop breaking a good thing, the first round matchmaking was much better
  • If we’re being honest, the people who complained about the original matchmaking are terrible in all phases of the game. They’re bad at arena, they’re bad at raids, bad at TW and bad at TB.

    They asked for an unfair advantage to compete against players who are better than them and CG gave it to them.

    So what’s next? If you complain enough, can you move to an arena shard that’s one year younger? Are they going to nerf HSR so you can solo it with Phoenix?

    This defeats the entire purpose of grand arena. We’re supposed to compete to see who built the best roster. Giving bad players as much as a 50% GP advantage over better players isn’t that.
  • It's frustrating, yes i have better roster. And so what? i'm 1.6 million gp and my opponent 2.1 . 10 g12 vs 17 g12. And now i need find 5 atack teams and 5 defense somewhere. cmon
  • CCyrilS
    4448 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    They match to GP almost to the nose, and people complain that the matchmaking is broken based on how that GP is distributed, punishing fluff at the bottom of the roster, therefore the matchmaking is broken.

    The tune the matchmaking algorithm to take a broader array of factors into account and punish "fluff" less but resulting in larger gaps in GP, and people point at the difference in GP as an insurmountable travesty, therefore the matchmaking is broken.

    Aren't humans just lovely?

    Maybe everyone should just play against themselves? I think that's the only way it will be truly fair for everyone.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    They match to GP almost to the nose, and people complain that the matchmaking is broken based on how that GP is distributed, punishing fluff at the bottom of the roster, therefore the matchmaking is broken.

    The tune the matchmaking algorithm to take a broader array of factors into account and punish "fluff" less but resulting in larger gaps in GP, and people point at the difference in GP as an insurmountable travesty, therefore the matchmaking is broken.

    Aren't humans just lovely?

    Maybe everyone should just play against themselves? I think that's the only way it will be truly fair for everyone.
    Until someone revives the AI being rigged conspiracy. People would find a way to complain, even if the rosters matched would be identical.
  • CCyrilS
    4448 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    They match to GP almost to the nose, and people complain that the matchmaking is broken based on how that GP is distributed, punishing fluff at the bottom of the roster, therefore the matchmaking is broken.

    The tune the matchmaking algorithm to take a broader array of factors into account and punish "fluff" less but resulting in larger gaps in GP, and people point at the difference in GP as an insurmountable travesty, therefore the matchmaking is broken.

    Aren't humans just lovely?

    Maybe everyone should just play against themselves? I think that's the only way it will be truly fair for everyone.
    Until someone revives the AI being rigged conspiracy. People would find a way to complain, even if the rosters matched would be identical.

    Yeah, but you could set your own defense... only an **** could lose. (Yes there will be some)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member


    Equal GP is fair. It rewards players for building a strong roster. There's a guy in my group two divisions higher. He literally has one million more GP just for toons. That's about as dumb as it gets.
    Well, that sounds horrible. Then again, your previous comment seems to indicate that the player you're facing is actually in worse shape than you are.
    There's one guy on my group with 4 million GP and only 9 g12 toons. I'm at 3 million and have 44.
    Seeying as the def slots default to the player in the lowest division, you're in good shape with a 35 g12 toon advantage over your opponent.
    On top of that he's most likely at a severe disadvantage in his division because your opponents max banner potential is way lower than that of his division peers. Maybe they compensate for that though, but that remains to be seen. Obviously that doesn't effect you, i merely mention it because imo your opponent is far worse off than you are while you're the one who feels shafted.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »

    Equal GP is fair. It rewards players for building a strong roster. There's a guy in my group two divisions higher. He literally has one million more GP just for toons. That's about as dumb as it gets.
    Well, that sounds horrible. Then again, your previous comment seems to indicate that the player you're facing is actually in worse shape than you are.
    There's one guy on my group with 4 million GP and only 9 g12 toons. I'm at 3 million and have 44.
    Seeying as the def slots default to the player in the lowest division, you're in good shape with a 35 g12 toon advantage over your opponent.
    On top of that he's most likely at a severe disadvantage in his division because your opponents max banner potential is way lower than that of his division peers. Maybe they compensate for that though, but that remains to be seen. Obviously that doesn't effect you, i merely mention it because imo your opponent is far worse off than you are while you're the one who feels shafted.

    That’s one opponent. There are four others with a 200-300k advantage with g12 DR and Malak. I only have an under geared DR, no malak, putting me at an unfair disadvantage.

    When they announced the leagues, I assumed that was how they would address horrible players’ complaints. Better players would move up and compete against better players for better rewards. Bad players would stay back and play other bad players for lesser rewards. That would be fair. As it stands, they’re rewarding **** with poor long term strategic planning for whining.
Sign In or Register to comment.