GA matchmaking is no longer solely based on GP

They announced over a month ago that the matchmaking formula would no longer just be matching up players by GP but a lot of people seem to have already forgotten about this. The announcement is here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/204353/improvements-to-grand-arena-matchmaking#latest

The relevant part says: "Starting with the first Grand Arena Championship, we are going to slightly reduce the weighting of pure GP in the matchmaking system for GA, in favor of a larger set of variables intended to make players feel less like Grand Arena is punishing players for going broad. If you are working on newer or lower-powered squads, the matchmaking system will be much less likely to count those efforts towards matching you with an ideal opponent, and you will be less likely to be paired up with a player who a) looks just like you GP-wise, but b) has instead spent all of their efforts optimizing a smaller handful of squads. (Those players will still be rewarded for their strategy in Grand Arena, but they’ll be matched up against someone who looks more like them.)

The change won’t be drastic – in most cases, players should still have GP that is pretty close to that of their opponent – but now several other factors will be in play. We’ll then look at GA results and player feedback and iterate on the system after future Grand Arena Championships (more on the Championship structure and length soon!)"

Replies

• Entus
    161 posts Member
    When the closest guy has 130 g12...i have 80...how is thar fair
  • Entus
    161 posts Member
    This is definitely a bug
  • Calbion
    140 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Still doesn’t seem that polished. I’ve been matched with people who havethe same top end teams (Revans etc) as me but they also have an extra 400-600k character GP over me. That translates to a lot of extra G12s.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Agreed. The matchups seem worse, not better. They really need to fix this - especially if they invision GAC somehow "replacing" arena long term.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • “The change won’t be drastic” ha ha. Not what I’m seeing. Differences of 300k-400k character GP equates to 3-4 meta teams. Good luck overcoming that with “strategy”
  • Nilah
    94 posts Member
    I am in a group of 7 players, each of them has all metas and that with a char GM of 2.2.
    So now I'm being punished, that I put a lot of time and love in this game.
    Others with my GM and less metas now have better chances to come at position 1 or in the higher league. What should be fair about that?
    everyone is forging his own luck. why reward those who make no effort. incomprehensible.
  • Straegen
    194 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    I am at the bottom of Div 6 with 1.6 mil fighting all Div 5 with 25 percent plus higher GPs. I don't even have enough squads to fill out five defensive squads and have anything left for attack other than 2 manning every fight.

The last set of changes already got me booted from my guild as they are re-gearing for Geo TB and now my first GA post update looks to be an uphill fight. CG is really making it hard for us newer players to want to stick with the game.
  • Docx
    94 posts Member
    vlvy1vibial2.jpg

lol?
  • Same here.
    Over 400k power difference. (Only characters)
    Is this a bad joke?
    Grand arena went from the best to the worst game mode...
  • Alias81
    7 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    This must be a bug again. I have an opponent that is 2 division higher then me. How does this work on defence? Will he have 2 more defensive teams than me and more starting banners???
  • pånøs
    152 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    In case you(we) don't feel like quality/bug test monkeys, sorry to break it to you, you (we) are.
  • Largest set of variables? LOL! how can a 2.6 mil gp roster ibe the same like mine with 1.8? Guys I am facing same problems. Ga championships' matchmaking is terrible. I am 1.85mil gp and my matchups are against five players withfive tier divisions, one player that is division 4 and one player with division 6 same like me. The player in the division 4 is 2.6 mil gp... I mean come on CG!
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    It would seem the matchmaking change is more drastic than intended.