Making a lightsaber?

Will they ever show it in a movie? Over / under on Rey fixing hers in the new movie?

Replies

• Options
    Will they ever show it in a movie? Over / under on Rey fixing hers in the new movie?

They showed it in The Clone Wars animated series.
    https://youtu.be/Gyz7JpM6g5Q

Strange that it requires so much fine detail manipulation with the Force, I figured that kind of skill was only achievable by masters, so would be far out of the reach of younglings. Luke built his own lightsaber (ROTJ) but was shocked at the skill Palpatine showed when he removed Luke's cuffs from across the room with a finger flick. Ah well, so goes the power creep.
  • Options
    I think they also changed from Lucas cannon to Disney cannon. At least how Sith create their lightsabers. Not sure about Jedi. But yes, I do recall this! I loved the episode where they get their crystals!!!
  • Options
    I think they also changed from Lucas cannon to Disney cannon. At least how Sith create their lightsabers. Not sure about Jedi. But yes, I do recall this! I loved the episode where they get their crystals!!!

I thought it was always canon that a jedi was to meditate and use the force to assemble the lightsaber. I do remember a deleted scene from ROTJ where Luke was supposed to put the finishing touches on his new lightsaber before giving it to R2 though. I think it is cooler to use the force, since it implies more of a bond than just building it with the hands.
  • Options

I thought it was always canon that a jedi was to meditate and use the force to assemble the lightsaber. I do remember a deleted scene from ROTJ where Luke was supposed to put the finishing touches on his new lightsaber before giving it to R2 though. I think it is cooler to use the force, since it implies more of a bond than just building it with the hands.

I know the scene you're talking about. And I think.... I think it was confirmed, that it was indeed Mark Hamil. C3po and R2 were there and I believe the actor for C3Po all but confirmed it. George Lucas played coy about the scene. Then kinda let the cat out of the bag. And then put the lid on it. So not sure.

Using the force to put it together would be awesome!
  • Options

I know the scene you're talking about. And I think.... I think it was confirmed, that it was indeed Mark Hamil. C3po and R2 were there and I believe the actor for C3Po all but confirmed it. George Lucas played coy about the scene. Then kinda let the cat out of the bag. And then put the lid on it. So not sure.

Using the force to put it together would be awesome!

Indeed it would be awesome. It would imply a decent level of mastery of the force and ones self.
  • Options
    In the books, I believe " I Jedi" the now legends book about Corran Horn, building a lightsaber required using the force to join the components at the molecular level. As it is described, while this would be something that only the greatest masters like Yoda could normally achieve, there was a scripted, ritualized process that allowed Jedi at a much lower skill level to successfully construct their lightsabers.

In Marked contrast to the clip from the clone wars, the process in the books is supposed to take several days (although there is a short cut version that is still a full day I believe). Since the clone wars are now cannon and the books are legends, I suppose that the clone wars version wins out.

It would be cool to see in a movie, not sure that they will waste time on it though.

• Options
    mackbolan wrote: »
    In the books, I believe " I Jedi" the now legends book about Corran Horn, building a lightsaber required using the force to join the components at the molecular level. As it is described, while this would be something that only the greatest masters like Yoda could normally achieve, there was a scripted, ritualized process that allowed Jedi at a much lower skill level to successfully construct their lightsabers.

In Marked contrast to the clip from the clone wars, the process in the books is supposed to take several days (although there is a short cut version that is still a full day I believe). Since the clone wars are now cannon and the books are legends, I suppose that the clone wars version wins out.

It would be cool to see in a movie, not sure that they will waste time on it though.

That all depends on if that helps propel the story line.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Didn't you guys read Crumb's Friday post? He made one.
  • Options
    Best lightsaber-crafting scene by far is a cinematic cutscene in The Force Unleashed, where Galen sits with his eyes closed and have the lightsaber pieces floating in front of him putting it together using the force. Until suddenly Vader enters the room and Galen's concentration turns to **** and all the pieces hit the floor. Great game.
  • Options
    I like the one in this fan film..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7-n36MBs1A