GAC leaderboard rankings with equal points are not random

Xhedao
209 posts Member
edited June 2019
Hey!

With 0 points I am ranked with player A three places above and player B one place below me, in the leaderboaed.
After setting defense, the same two players take the same spot three above and one below me. We had all three the same points in leaderboard.

The funny thing is: in the first exhibition it was the same. Chrono (B) below, Laserbrain (A) two ranks above me, exactly at the same spots.
Shouldn't be the leaderboard ranking be rng, if players have the same leaderboard points???

There is no monotonic change in either of the three GPs, so i am wondering, what the true reason is, behind the ranking in the leaderboards, as it is obviously not random.

Replies

• Xhedao
    209 posts Member
    And there it is again, in this third GAC:
    649jzvhkg5sy.png
    6qf3zycjr5mb.png

The ranking is absolutely not random, for players who have the same GAC-points earned.

• Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    I don't recall anyone saying it was. Most likely they are sorted by total GP.
  • Or an arbitrary random seed like the raids.

The same happens in pit / tank raid - if player A, B, and C are ranks 1-3 during the signup, then they all solo the raid, they’ll be ranks 1-3 for payout.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    While this seems like an extreme edge case (after 4 rounds of GA with 3 battles each, ties should be very rare) it would be interesting to hear from CG as to how they plan to address ties when they cross reward thresholds. For example, if I'm in the Chromium league and I'm in place 201 and tied with the person in 200 - do I get the higher rewards too?
  • Xhedao
    209 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    I don't recall anyone saying it was. Most likely they are sorted by total GP.

The GP has no influence on the rankings as I have more GP than players below me, with the same points and as well players have less GP than me and are higher in the ranking.
    So it is not GP dependent.
    This is also true for the char GPs and Ship GPs.
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    While this seems like an extreme edge case (after 4 rounds of GA with 3 battles each, ties should be very rare) it would be interesting to hear from CG as to how they plan to address ties when they cross reward thresholds. For example, if I'm in the Chromium league and I'm in place 201 and tied with the person in 200 - do I get the higher rewards too?

Exactly this ^^ It would be highly unfair, if the ranking is not random at the end of the GAC.