GAC Matchmaking: READ ME

Legend91
2441 posts Member
Everybody calm down. Yes, pure GP matchmaking is no longer a thing. Yes, you might have matchups with a significant GP difference (even when excluding fleet GP).
But GP ain't everything! There are a lot of things to consider such as meta chars, zetas, g11+12, speed mods, etc.!
Also keep in mind that this is going to be a filtering process that'll take some time. Good players will rank up and the matches in the "lower" brackets will become more even.
Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg

Replies

• TVF
    36586 posts Member
    I read you loud and clear.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • This may be true if we weren't being matched across divisions. Right now the formula is just straight messed up. Also what was the point of having the Leagues if they were just going to match the best players in the division against each other to start with(which is not the case currently). Put matchmaking back the way it was let the Leagues be the matchmaking Win Loss ratios will do a better job than any algorithm they can come up with.
  • Or, since we already have a “rank”....just use ranks for the first round.
    Participation trophy? No. You want something: earn it.
  • I want to read you again
  • TVF
    36586 posts Member
    I want to read you again

I think this might violate the TOS.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    I want to read you again

Applesauce.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    I want to read you again

But isn't reading something for the first time (especially Dev news) already violating the forum TOS?
  • My only problem of the new matchmaking is that CG finally listened to all the **** crybabies that come to this forum and change matchmaking in a way that it pretty much gives people with broad rosters (people that literally had no idea what they were doing for the last year or so) a bigger chance while completely destroying the chance of people with focused rosters (the right way).

At least GA now will be more interesting and the crybabies will find new ways to cry (as they are already doing)
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    Everybody calm down. Yes, pure GP matchmaking is no longer a thing. Yes, you might have matchups with a significant GP difference (even when excluding fleet GP).
    But GP ain't everything! There are a lot of things to consider such as meta chars, zetas, g11+12, speed mods, etc.!
    Also keep in mind that this is going to be a filtering process that'll take some time. Good players will rank up and the matches in the "lower" brackets will become more even.

I agree that GP is not everything, but REWARDS are. I am in division 2, if I defeat a division 1 player will I get their rewards? And there are 4 currently in my exhibition round (Yes, you can actually check your opponent’s division by clicking their profile).
  • This is all a test run... no need to panic.
  • DocJJJC wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »

I agree that GP is not everything, but REWARDS are. I am in division 2, if I defeat a division 1 player will I get their rewards? And there are 4 currently in my exhibition round (Yes, you can actually check your opponent’s division by clicking their profile).

The rewards are the same between divisions.
  • Legend91 wrote: »

The funny thing is that the "lean" roster people have been saying since GA was announced that everyone else are dummies for "inflating" their GP or having "roster fluff", meaning useless GP. Now, those same people are complaining they have grossly unfair match-ups because their opponent has roster fluff, which is totally useless in the GA anyway. Sorry people, you can't have it both ways, lmfao.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    DocJJJC wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »

We have yet to see how CG will handle the reward thing. The incentive should be to progress in the game (increasing your GP) to also get enough points for Hoth TB or Geo TB and get higher rewards in GAC (and at some point more GP is meaningless anway since you "just" have to set up 8 def and 8 off teams). The current rewards are just exhibition rewards and not the final ones.
    I'm in div2 and have 3 guys from div1 with the highest dude having ~300k more GP but that doesn't concern me as GP is meaningless.
  • Azza
    245 posts Member
    Here is an exemple

The guy has 50 more g12, 20 more g12+5 and 260 6 dots more than me.

Take it as you want, this is broken matchmaking...
  • I don't complain but am one of those players who have been around since close to the beginning and used to build up as many characters as possible. Then game changed and essentially made a lot of those early characters useless now. So I have lots of farmed characters now that I would have never farmed had I known the direction game was taking. My only gripe is game sticks to what they said they were going to do and not count some of obvious weaker players into overall GP. Game will do what they want and money is now what game is about and making life easy for the high spending whales. Complaining will not change this so I did the best thing I could and went from spending on game to completely f2p. If you are unhappy with game direction, stop playing or just play free. Let the whales pay to keep game going for you. All new GA is is multi team Arena battles.