Matchmaking in GA is broken, fix this ASAP CG

LE_DUC
15 posts Member
Thanks for the p2w matchmaking CG, i guess G13 wasn't enough to monetize GAC, fix this ASAP yr51qdbr247v.jpg

Replies

• Options
    That's what happens when people cry for ages about matchmaking. They change matchmaking then people cry for ages still.
  • Entus
    161 posts Member
    Options
    They didnt fix it though. They broke it worse.
  • LE_DUC
    15 posts Member
    Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    It's fine. Relax. Ultimately as the mode moves forward better matchmaking will occur as it will take into account your success and failures.

There is no succes or failure here, there is just a no match.
  • Options
    You'll survive.
  • Options
    Best thing is to just let it play out and after a few matches hopefully everything will settle out and get everyone in the right battle. CG has made it clear game is now all about whales and money and they will be the ones to benefit from unfair match play in early goings. I am the only one in my group that has no DRevan or Malak and all others have a top 25 DRevan Malak team along with all TBE latest characters max geared and max zetad. I stopped spending on this game bcuz of all the **** being done to force you to spend. Go f2p and don't even worry about it. Only thing you can do to now to show you do not agree with game direction.
  • Options
    Are you kidding me? I just looked up both your profiles on swgoh.gg. You have 56/7/2/8/28 for G12/G11/G10/G9/G8 and your opponent has 50/17/10/10/25 for G12/G11/G10/G9/G8. You have basically the same amount of G8 through G12 and you've actually got more G12s than him. **** are you complaining about? You're claiming THIS is some unfair, P2W match-up? Please. So basically he has an extra 260k in character GP from the G7s and below...and you can't win, why, because he's going to bury you with a wall of G6s and G7s on defense? Lmao. Thank you for yet another perfect example of why the matchmaking IS working and why just looking at pure GP was always a bad method for obtaining balanced GA match-ups.
  • Options
    Are you kidding me? I just looked up both your profiles on swgoh.gg. You have 56/7/2/8/28 for G12/G11/G10/G9/G8 and your opponent has 50/17/10/10/25 for G12/G11/G10/G9/G8. You have basically the same amount of G8 through G12 and you've actually got more G12s than him. **** are you complaining about? You're claiming THIS is some unfair, P2W match-up? Please. So basically he has an extra 260k in character GP from the G7s and below...and you can't win, why, because he's going to bury you with a wall of G6s and G7s on defense? Lmao. Thank you for yet another perfect example of why the matchmaking IS working and why just looking at pure GP was always a bad method for obtaining balanced GA match-ups.

But that's not the point, a player who has been careless with his decisions shouldn't have an equal chance to win. Whose fault is it that he chose to over overcommit ok sub g7s? I mean he did benefit from it for deployment power in TB, he should also have to face the consequences. Put it this way, if you have played the game 4 years and your account from g7 and up is comparable to someone who has played for 2 years then you should definitely not win the match up. At the very least CG should make the tie breaker whoever has the LOWEST GP
  • LE_DUC
    15 posts Member
    Options

Have you seen the mods ? Have you seen the Malak ? (which basically locks half of the map on it's own). So yeah you can have a p2w matchup even if you have more G12, because the other guy has p2w characters that can solo win the match, all characters don't have the same value.
  • CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    Options
    So really this is just a complaint that he has Malak and you do not.
  • Options
    not saying its totally broken, but i am fighting 4-5 people who have 2.8-2.9 character GP while i have a mear 2.3 character GP. i think this is a way for them to divide up the divisions and figure out who is kyber all the way down to the lowest. yes it kinda sucks, but they did mention that you should expand your roster and not slim it down. i checked my first opponents mods. we are pretty much the same. he is altogether 4.8 mill GP. I am 3.8 mill GP. so there might be a problem there. BUT what im tryin to get at here is that they need a GA like this to figure out more in depthly who goes where based on gp range.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/ltsjustlan l Roster ~ swgoh.gg/p/479461123
  • Options
    i'm 3.9m GP, my opponents are two 4.2, two 4.3, 4.5, 4.6, 4.8m GP, and all of us are 50 and below in arena rankings, so yeah, its kinda bad
  • Options
    I love how the whales are always ,” let it play out”. Sure why not let it play out, as long as it’s in their favor. As soon as things aren’t in their favor they’re shouting just as loud. They only difference is their voice is heard. The non tip of the spear folks are the ones that are ignored. Good job on another nail in the coffin. No rest until the game is done I suppose. I’d bet a million ( not really I don’t have that much, but you get the point) that they don’t shut things down this time. Just let it play out 😂😂😂
  • Grimstoned
    250 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    CG has figured out the best way to trim down the player base to its core. Less customers less responsibility.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Entus wrote: »
    They didnt fix it though. They broke it worse.

Maybe for some..... im a fluff guy i never one now looks lime i have a decent shot at 2-4
    I had it bad for 6 months anyone mind if win 2/3 once before we go back to me being number one anti GA guy on forum
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Grimstoned wrote: »
    CG has figured out the best way to trim down the player base to its core. Less customers less responsibility.

I got killed for 6 months straight still here (i did set a lot of no D tho).

Honestly if anyone quits over a one week exhibition “oh well”

And im the guy who begs ppl not to encourage anyone to quit but dear god

ONE WEEK.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Idk if matchmaking is correct
  • Options
    Again, it's because of these crybabies that cg tried to change matchmaking. But cg was never good at doing things right the first time....or the second....or the third
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    LE_DUC wrote: »

Have you seen the mods ? Have you seen the Malak ? (which basically locks half of the map on it's own). So yeah you can have a p2w matchup even if you have more G12, because the other guy has p2w characters that can solo win the match, all characters don't have the same value.

Dont see any pay to win characters there....nothing that couldn't be acquired FTP as many did.
  • Options
    It looks like the OP is crying that the opponent has Malak while he does not. Malak can be beaten without Malak and the OP has a similar roster. It looks like the matchmaking is working as intended here.

I dont have DR but I have a few people with DR in my GA (with a slightly higher character GP than me)... but I'm not complaining. The rosters in my GA seem rather even.
  • Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »

But that's not the point, a player who has been careless with his decisions shouldn't have an equal chance to win. Whose fault is it that he chose to over overcommit ok sub g7s? I mean he did benefit from it for deployment power in TB, he should also have to face the consequences. Put it this way, if you have played the game 4 years and your account from g7 and up is comparable to someone who has played for 2 years then you should definitely not win the match up. At the very least CG should make the tie breaker whoever has the LOWEST GP

The idiocracy in this post is outstanding. The thought process you have and are citing was the exact issue with Galatic Arena to begin with.

You shouldn't be penalized for growing your roster. You should always want to gear and level characters and not artificially keep your GP level low.

What kind of game encourages not using resources? Their new algorithm for determining matchups should have been the initial iteration.

Are you sure you don't mean ****?

Btw, I agree with everything you said expect you aren't factoring in matchmaking. We're 100% in agreement that players should not be punished for spending resources. However you should understand that with using resources your GP grows and when your GP grows you should not be able to be matched with players whose GP is way lower than you.

If you have resources spend them, but don't expect to gear rose Tiko and the Jawas instead of your meta squads and then when you have to play in a competitive mode like GA to expect to be the top dog.

Ideally every player should start gearing up the strongest characters first, then the average characters and lastly the bad ones, this way they maintain a good structure for a mode like GA. If we categorize squads at top tier, mid tier and low tier and two players start the game at the same time and let's say they earn the exact same amount of resources, if one player gears all top tier and all his mid tier squads and then runs out of resources and the second player gears half of his top tier, all if his mid tier and half of his low tier squads then he should be losing because he geared only half of his top tier and half of his low tier instead of all of his top tier and none of his low tier.

Now let's involve a third player who started the game alot later, he doesn't have the same amount of resources available so he gears all of his top tier and half of his mid tier squads and then he is out of resources. My matching the second player against him you're giving him a chance to win when in reality because of his bad choices he should be losing, and you're punishing the newer guy who made all the right choices.

I don't think people deserve a pass for gearing trash squads and growing their GP while ignoring meta squads by getting matched with newer players who only went after the meta but their roster overall is way smaller because they simply played for less time. If I've played 3 years and I get beat by someone who played 2 years and their GP is a mil lower than mine, I don't deserve to win even in a tie breaker.
  • Options
    Matchmaking is broken. How is it possible that I’ve to fight agains one who is in another division then me.It makes no sense to fight against him .....
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    You'll survive.

What? You expect me to survive when I just got matched to a guy with a ton of fluff power?! My grandma is getting remarried and I just ate a small bell pepper and I think I’m allergic to asparagus!!

- Read like Craig from Parks & Rec
  • Mstrefe1
    281 posts Member
    Options
    Matchmaking is broken. How is it possible that I’ve to fight agains one who is in another division then me.It makes no sense to fight against him .....

CG never explicitly came out and said that you will battle people from your Division only. Everyone (myself included) assumed that it was going to be that way, and we were wrong.
    Looking for an amazing new guild? Check out Boba's Allience: discord.gg/trr93Ty