Geo TB - 36h phases ?!?!

Prev1
AceCV
993 posts Member
C'mon.... must be kidding, right?

If there is a problem with the schedules and you guys only got it NOW... at least keep the 24h for each one of the 4 phases and extend the preview or do some review phase.... now, DON'T mess with all normal schedules in a guild feature, even more at 1st try (that we all know that already have everything to go wrong).

Replies

• I like this better than having 24h periods and then 2 dead days while we wait for the Hoth TB to catch up.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    edited June 2019
    Hoth TB will be running for 7 days, so Geo TB players will be having 3 2 days of nothing

By extending each phase to 12 hours doesn't really make a difference I think as far as the days / scheduling goes (we are still on track to 2 TB per month)

Unless I am mistaken here, someone feel free to correct me
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Technical issue, not a design issue. Seems like they'd rather run 24h phases but that would (oddly) cause problems.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    And when geo TB is completely busted... and we have nothing to do but wait....
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Ah the problems of running things concurrently, right @Ultra lol
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    36 hours is cool actually. As they said, the absolute best guilds are only estimated to get 24 stars. The extra time can be used organizing these tough platoons within the guild.
  • No. Absolutely not. This is plain dumb regardless of what technical issues this may have. FIX IT. I have never felt more strongly about any decision made in this game than this one.

1am Eastern start times, 6am EU start times. How do we expect platoons to be filled in reasonable time at these hours.
    For guilds who have set Deployment times, we have to alternate? We already play around the games schedule at 1pm esteem in the middle of the work day. Don’t make us play in the middle of the night as well
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    BolderKS wrote: »
    No. Absolutely not. This is plain dumb regardless of what technical issues this may have. FIX IT. I have never felt more strongly about any decision made in this game than this one.

1am Eastern start times, 6am EU start times. How do we expect platoons to be filled in reasonable time at these hours.
    For guilds who have set Deployment times, we have to alternate? We already play around the games schedule at 1pm esteem in the middle of the work day. Don’t make us play in the middle of the night as well

36 hours from 1 am means 24 hours from 1 pm which means the exact same thing as before. Logically speaking it's exactly the same time plus 12 hours on the backside of phase 1 and 3 and plus 12 hours on the front side of phase 2 and 4.
  • Probably an issue with the system "ending" the TB and kicking out TB rewards at 2 two different times.
  • Monel wrote: »
    No. Absolutely not. This is plain dumb regardless of what technical issues this may have. FIX IT. I have never felt more strongly about any decision made in this game than this one.

36 hours from 1 am means 24 hours from 1 pm which means the exact same thing as before. Logically speaking it's exactly the same time plus 12 hours on the backside of phase 1 and 3 and plus 12 hours on the front side of phase 2 and 4.

Yeah, just don't do anything on days 2 and 5 if the 24 day is really that important.

Or, you know, just chill a bit.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Raisse wrote: »
    Monel wrote: »

Yeah, just don't do anything on days 2 and 5 if the 24 day is really that important.

Or, you know, just chill a bit.

Me chill? I'm cool with 36 hours. Doesnt bother me one bit lol.
  • This seems like a dumb idea. Just allow GTB to finish in 4-days as planned. We don’t need nor get a guild event every day
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Range1974 wrote: »
    This seems like a dumb idea. Just allow GTB to finish in 4-days as planned. We don’t need nor get a guild event every day

They cant, it runs concurrently. That means it takes the same time.
  • I love CG.
    Ooba hutar.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    The things people complain about here...
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • BolderKS wrote: »

Then keep your exactly planned schedule and the guild can do absolutely nothing for 12 hours if you want, since you don't want that time.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    TVF wrote: »
    The things people complain about here...

Players: the new TB phases are going to take 36 hours?

CG: yes, unfortunately we learned concurrently means "at the same time", time meaning they start and end together.

Players: so we have to play a TB for 6 days now?

CG: they have been 6 days for over a year now.

Players: that's outrageous!!! The game is dying, blah blah blah
  • R_Val_17
    144 posts Member
    Is pretty dumb considering the benefit was better rewards AND a shorter fight time. 1 out of 2 isn't bad. Meh.
  • Go outside, get some sun....you don't want the game to feel like a heavy chore.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    If they are just now figuring out they can't do 24 hours, then exactly how much testing went into this? GAC is not proving to be a good example here.
  • Gair wrote: »
    If they are just now figuring out they can't do 24 hours, then exactly how much testing went into this? GAC is not proving to be a good example here.

We are the testers to see if the servers can handle it
  • I remember when they said they had issues trying to get 2 raids to be concurrent with the HAAT release
  • autcylo2bzn2.jpeg
  • vice
    90 posts Member
    technical issue = we can't be stuffed doing some extra coding
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Hoth TB will be running for 7 days, so Geo TB players will be having 3 2 days of nothing

By extending each phase to 12 hours doesn't really make a difference I think as far as the days / scheduling goes (we are still on track to 2 TB per month)

Unless I am mistaken here, someone feel free to correct me

As an officer, a day without a thing is the best thing.
    Just saying.
  • Its their excuse for saying we cant run both hoth and geonosis 6 days plus 4 days equals 10 days of month,so they could run it as far as 3 times,but ofc they didnt want to give that many rewards,do they?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    At least this time, they found out about the issue before the event actually started. That's a significant improvement over the way things usually are...