Jayko
5 posts Member
This is my GP and roster

hh6mhx7ue68z.jpg

As you can see 2.6 mill gp but I have both revans and 6 star malak

This is my GP opponents GP and roster
mnlk5x0gf7ch.jpg

3.4 mill gp but no Revan and Malak

Obviously my opponent will have 2 or 3 more fully powered squads then me. But I have both revans and Malak.

In my mind this is not fair! And a slap in the face for the way I have built my roster. I've saved both revans and Malak for offence this time around. I should have set them up for defence considering on Offence there only going to destroy one squad each. On Defence they would have soaked up this guys whole account. I realize this tactical decision was my own fault and responsibility but at the time of setup I didn't realize I'd be facing a guy who would have 2 or 3 more fully powered squads then I.

Thoughts?

Replies

• A 4milGP and a 2.5milGP walk into a bar and say....
  • TVF
    36583 posts Member
    Lol slap in the face.

That's a bingo!!!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • My thought is in a competitive tournament you should be planning your combat vs your opponent, not just expecting to do whatever you want. Its very easy to check your opponents roster, and in a competitive setting like this you should be.

If anything it's unfair for you to be matched against him since your characters are hard counters and practically impossible to beat with his lineup. He's the true one at a disadvantage...you were just lazy.
  • Jayko
    5 posts Member
    I was not lazy. I was ignorant. Ignorant of the changes to the matchmaking system. If I were lazy I would never have made this thread.
    I will never make this ignorant mistake again.
    My only hope is my opponant goes all out on defense.
  • Jayko wrote: »
    I was not lazy. I was ignorant. Ignorant of the changes to the matchmaking system. If I were lazy I would never have made this thread.

Yes, and ignorance (as you've stated) is your own fault.

So why make this thread? This guy probably saw your lineup and was **** cause despite his major GP advantage he didn't think he had a hope of beating you.
  • Jayko
    5 posts Member
    You're getting mad because you have a clear advantage over your opponent???

LITERALLY the only counter your opponent has to your Revans is CLS and he needs good rng to beat JKR.

I want what you're smoking bro.

So what your saying is the advantage of both revans and Malak is a clearly a better advantage to have then 2.6 gp vs 3.4 gp?
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Jayko wrote: »
    You're getting mad because you have a clear advantage over your opponent???

LITERALLY the only counter your opponent has to your Revans is CLS and he needs good rng to beat JKR.

I want what you're smoking bro.

So what your saying is the advantage of both revans and Malak is a clearly a better advantage to have then 2.6 gp vs 3.4 gp?

Yup. He’s gonna have to use a very powerful squad to pass them if they’re on defense.
  • Ruark_Icefire
    856 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    "Grand Arena matchmaking is based on the maximum power of the units a player is allowed to use based on the number of squads allowed to be deployed in this event"
  • Jayko
    5 posts Member

Yes, and ignorance (as you've stated) is your own fault.

So why make this thread? This guy probably saw your lineup and was **** cause despite his major GP advantage he didn't think he had a hope of beating you.

Why make this thread?
    Because I'm not convinced both revans and Malak is a better advantage to have over 3.4 mill gp vs 2.6. So thought I'd raise the topic. My personal feelings of unfairness etc are redundant at this point and I accept responsibility for my tactical failure leaving revans and Malak for offense.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    31kbq5.jpg
  • It's fine they have higher GP, but they are in an higher division for crying out loud. I'm in division 4 and have 6(!) division 3 opponents. That is completely wrong....

It's not that I cannot beat any of them, but not like win multiple. I have JKR, but so do they. They have up to 300k more characters GP: so 3 full/good teams...
  • So ur complaining that u didnt look at ur opponents roster first before setting defense? I'm confused bc u should kick their teeth in.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member

Better hope he doesn't read the forums
  • CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    Is it a dad joke? I like those.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    CosmicJ wrote: »
    Is it a dad joke? I like those.

Are you the cosmic j on my shard? Do you run DR currently in 14th place?
  • Jayko
    5 posts Member
    CG setup the new matchmaking system for very specific reasons.
    The "both revans and Malak tew stronk" excuse doesn't cut the mustard. CG knew that the previous matchmaking system was unfair on my opponants. So theyve set it up so I'm facing opponants with a much wider variety in there roster which I think they hope will make it more of a fair fight. It's literally going to be quality vs quantity for my GAs from now on.

My point is this is not squad arena. A smart player with a sizable GP advantage will be able to beat my JKR. And will be smart enough to leave my Drevan alone. But that means I've left both those teams on defence and my offense will be seriously lacking meaning I could lose (if they have strong defense). Also, due to GP difference my opponant can make mistakes. I cannot afford to make any mistakes in setup due to the concentrated nature of my roster.

That was my attempt at the short version, I could really break down my reasoning if I had the time.

"Drevan and malak tew stronk"
    *facepalm*
    Look deeper. Think it through.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    This thread is absolute unassailable proof that people will complain about anything and everything.

9cz544eywz07.gif

• I agree with OP, Matchmaking in this case is not right.
    Regardless how OP did set his teams, that's up to him, the matchmaking is wrong here, but not for you, for your opponent, which doesn't have Drevan & Malak etc. it's just impossible to win for him if you set your deff properly. no matter how much squads he has.
    This one should have been a nobrainer to win for you, and in the same time extremely frustrating for your opponent as he never would have had a chance to win.

I just hope this is taken into consideraiton in the matching logic for the future matches (stronger get matched with stronger, weaker with weaker, Malak owner vs. Malak owner etc.)
    So i'm with your opponent as underdog B) , let us know how it turned out ;)
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • Every guide I have read or listened to has stated that the number 1 rule is to check your opponents before you set your defence.
    In the first GA I didn't have malak or darth revan so my opponents told me that they put them both revan and DR on defence as they knew I couldn't defeat them both.
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • Jayko wrote: »
    This is my GP and roster

Obviously my opponent will have 2 or 3 more fully powered squads then me. But I have both revans and Malak.

In my mind this is not fair! And a slap in the face for the way I have built my roster. I've saved both revans and Malak for offence this time around. I should have set them up for defence considering on Offence there only going to destroy one squad each. On Defence they would have soaked up this guys whole account. I realize this tactical decision was my own fault and responsibility but at the time of setup I didn't realize I'd be facing a guy who would have 2 or 3 more fully powered squads then I.

#1 - What does your overall GP have to do with anything? Let's leave aside the fact that matchmaking is no longer based on GP, but your overall GP includes ships which have nothing to do with this GAC. They got rid of ship GP being used in non-ship GA matchmaking months ago. So right off the bat, you're misleading people about the match-up by comparing overall GP.

#2 - There's nothing "obvious" about how many actual usuable squads your opponent has because you've only provided limited information about your roster and your opponent's rosters. How many G12s do you both have? How many G11s? How many G10s? How many G9s? Everyone who has posted one of these threads so far has ranted about their overall GP and then if you look at the actual rosters, it's very balanced in terms of the G9 through G12 characters. I'm willing to bet good money that you if you post the swgoh.gg page links or ally codes of yourself and the opposing player and we look at the rosters, the number of G9s through G12s are very similar or you even have the edge. You're basically complaining because this opponent has some G6s and G7s inflating his GP which aren't even usable in the GA.

#3 - You didn't realize the roster of the guy you'd be facing when you set your defenses? Did you bother to take a look at his roster? Now it's CG's fault that you didn't look at your opponent's roster?

#4 - You're seriously complaining that you're at some massive disadvantge when you have JKR, DR and Malka and he has none of them? Seriously? Smh....lol.
    I was not lazy. I was ignorant. Ignorant of the changes to the matchmaking system.
    You mean the changes that were announced by CG 5 weeks ago? https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/204353/improvements-to-grand-arena-matchmaking

That's on you for not paying attention to dev announcements....you're a forum user and these announcements are all posted in the dev announcement section of the forum. Again though, what does any of this matter? Even if you didn't pay attention to the announcement about this, all you had to do was look at your opponent's roster and look at the number of battles needed to place on D and plan accordingly.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Every guide I have read or listened to has stated that the number 1 rule is to check your opponents before you set your defence.
    In the first GA I didn't have malak or darth revan so my opponents told me that they put them both revan and DR on defence as they knew I couldn't defeat them both.

You didn't have JTR or CLS to beat JKR, and Padme to beat DR?
  • Kalano
    415 posts Member
    Veskasa1 wrote: »
    It's fine they have higher GP, but they are in an higher division for crying out loud. I'm in division 4 and have 6(!) division 3 opponents. That is completely wrong....

It's not that I cannot beat any of them, but not like win multiple. I have JKR, but so do they. They have up to 300k more characters GP: so 3 full/good teams...

They have either 3 full/good squads or 30 trash chars more than you. Probably something in between

• GeneralKonkretny
    14 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    all of my opponents are in the higher division. This is just stupid. Even if I win I will probably have worse rewards than them... there is almost 1mil GP difference between me and them. they also wrote "The change won’t be drastic – in most cases, players should still have GP that is pretty close to that of their opponent – but now several other factors will be in play". This is a joke
  • Jayko
    5 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    This is my GP and roster

#1 - What does your overall GP have to do with anything? Let's leave aside the fact that matchmaking is no longer based on GP, but your overall GP includes ships which have nothing to do with this GAC. They got rid of ship GP being used in non-ship GA matchmaking months ago. So right off the bat, you're misleading people about the match-up by comparing overall GP.

#2 - There's nothing "obvious" about how many actual usuable squads your opponent has because you've only provided limited information about your roster and your opponent's rosters. How many G12s do you both have? How many G11s? How many G10s? How many G9s? Everyone who has posted one of these threads so far has ranted about their overall GP and then if you look at the actual rosters, it's very balanced in terms of the G9 through G12 characters. I'm willing to bet good money that you if you post the swgoh.gg page links or ally codes of yourself and the opposing player and we look at the rosters, the number of G9s through G12s are very similar or you even have the edge. You're basically complaining because this opponent has some G6s and G7s inflating his GP which aren't even usable in the GA.

#3 - You didn't realize the roster of the guy you'd be facing when you set your defenses? Did you bother to take a look at his roster? Now it's CG's fault that you didn't look at your opponent's roster?

#4 - You're seriously complaining that you're at some massive disadvantge when you have JKR, DR and Malka and he has none of them? Seriously? Smh....lol.
    I was not lazy. I was ignorant. Ignorant of the changes to the matchmaking system.
    You mean the changes that were announced by CG 5 weeks ago? https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/204353/improvements-to-grand-arena-matchmaking

That's on you for not paying attention to dev announcements....you're a forum user and these announcements are all posted in the dev announcement section of the forum. Again though, what does any of this matter? Even if you didn't pay attention to the announcement about this, all you had to do was look at your opponent's roster and look at the number of battles needed to place on D and plan accordingly.

Yeah yeah calm down child. This is my first ever thread/post on forums. I'm literally vacationing with wife and 3 kids in Thailand atm.

An accumulation of prepping for Thailand, general responsibilities and actually vacationing in Thailand has made me completly ignorant of the changes and implementations to the game lately. You'll have to forgive me. I just don't have the time of day like you do.

I take full responsibility for my ignorance and the complaints. I thank the swgoh forums for setting me straight on the facts.
    Clearly, one of my favorite parts of the game changed drastically and I emotionally reacted out of ignorance.
    [Removed - CM]
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Every guide I have read or listened to has stated that the number 1 rule is to check your opponents before you set your defence.
    You shouldn't need a bloody guide to tell you that, it's just common sense. ;)
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    This is my GP and roster

Yeah yeah calm down child. This is my first ever thread/post on forums. I'm literally vacationing with wife and 3 kids in Thailand atm.

An accumulation of prepping for Thailand, general responsibilities and actually vacationing in Thailand has made me completly ignorant of the changes and implementations to the game lately. You'll have to forgive me. I just don't have the time of day like you do.

I take full responsibility for my ignorance and the complaints. I thank the swgoh forums for setting me straight on the facts.
    Clearly, one of my favorite parts of the game changed drastically and I emotionally reacted out of ignorance.
    Now if you excuse, my bowel movement is finished and I need to wipe.

wow nice personal attack dude was not even posting like a child....

not your fault ...you forum noobs have no idea how guys like Cian used to run this place...

JACKIE TREEHORN
    "It's true dude..standards have fallen"
  • UnbelieverInME
    451 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    It's simple. The people who pay more are more likely to face someone 500k below them, because the win will keep them happy and spending. Don't over think it.

"more likely" does not mean "always"
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever