GA Matchmaking a joke?

2Next

Replies

• Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Every guide I have read or listened to has stated that the number 1 rule is to check your opponents before you set your defence.
    You shouldn't need a bloody guide to tell you that, it's just common sense. ;)

You would be surprised at what people need a guide to tell them.
  • Kurrgan
    100 posts Member
    This is all exhibition anyway. If everyone w/ a lower GP takes a dive they might address it but if many lower GP people win then they know they are close.
  • Jayko wrote: »
    This is my GP and roster

hh6mhx7ue68z.jpg

As you can see 2.6 mill gp but I have both revans and 6 star malak

This is my GP opponents GP and roster
    mnlk5x0gf7ch.jpg

3.4 mill gp but no Revan and Malak

Obviously my opponent will have 2 or 3 more fully powered squads then me. But I have both revans and Malak.

In my mind this is not fair! And a slap in the face for the way I have built my roster. I've saved both revans and Malak for offence this time around. I should have set them up for defence considering on Offence there only going to destroy one squad each. On Defence they would have soaked up this guys whole account. I realize this tactical decision was my own fault and responsibility but at the time of setup I didn't realize I'd be facing a guy who would have 2 or 3 more fully powered squads then I.

Thoughts?

Drevan and Malak are all that matters, you are right. I have been telling everyone that will listen this. I can take almost any team in and it would not matter. If some one is going against someone that has this combo and they don’t, you’re going to lose. It doesn’t matter if they have higher GP, more teams, more zetas, whatever. Either you have them or don’t. If you put them on D they will not defeat you. You’d think there would be a way to not have these match ups vectors no fun. It’s not even a true battle. But that takes away from the ones that have it, so here we are lol
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Jayko wrote: »
    Jayko wrote: »
    I was not lazy. I was ignorant. Ignorant of the changes to the matchmaking system. If I were lazy I would never have made this thread.
    I will never make this ignorant mistake again.
    My only hope is my opponant goes all out on defense.

Yes, and ignorance (as you've stated) is your own fault.

So why make this thread? This guy probably saw your lineup and was **** cause despite his major GP advantage he didn't think he had a hope of beating you.

Why make this thread?
    Because I'm not convinced both revans and Malak is a better advantage to have over 3.4 mill gp vs 2.6. So thought I'd raise the topic.

The fact that you aren't sure implies the matchmaking is, in fact, not a joke. If it were, there'd be no question.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Every guide I have read or listened to has stated that the number 1 rule is to check your opponents before you set your defence.
    You shouldn't need a bloody guide to tell you that, it's just common sense. ;)

You would be surprised at what people need a guide to tell them.
    Sad to say I would not be surprised. :(
  • People are used to facing underpowered opponents when they have more 'focused" collections. Now they get to play against people that might beat them. This is much fairer than playing against collectors that don't stand a chance against. I understand that this is unsettling for those that previously held unfair advantages but just like when they told people "that's the game" well....that's the game.
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    @Jayko , remind me after this round is over that you won with way lower GP.
    Malak and both revans should make you feel very confident in beating his roster!
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/