My Chromium Mega Pack Drops

Meese_Rancher
125 posts Member
edited March 2016
Recently saved up enough for a Chromium Mega Pack and thought you all might like to see what the RNG gods bestowed upon me. Overall I am quite pleased as I wanted all of the characters, minus Tarkin. Was also looking for my next arena toon to farm after I maxed Ventress, I guess the game decided for me haha.

Njeci7C.jpg

Replies

• Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Congratulations for a good pack!!
  • Congrats! I stopped buying packs, I think I bought 3 or 4 8x. No Dooku, Bariss or anyone I could really use. Only Moff Tarkin, Aayla, JKG, Lando, General Veers and any number of shards, bleh! Same with Bronziums, sitting on 252 shards of Bariss and hoping for a drop, lol! Straight 7 stars, haha!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I'm glad you like it. As a mostly F2P I would throw up on my keyboard if I spent 2500 crystals and got that.

From a f2P perspective, that draw is exactly what's wrong with spending on Chromium. I'll explain:
    First and foremost - Leia's 20 shards. She's unfarmable, so to a F2p player, those are useless. Even for "collectors", they're not even enough to unlock her. Tarkin is the same issue (And a worse character)

24 shards of Jedi Knight Guardian. Ummmm...yeah. I don't think so. She's arguably the worst "Jedi" hero in the game (although Plo Koon would definitely be in that conversation.

So that leaves the 12 Dooku and 12 Ahsoka shards (and ST Han). Those are decent, all 3 a farmable characters and solid contributors in the current meta...however...

You can land 12 Dooku shards for about 4 cantina refreshes on his hard node (so 400 crystals) - and that's 40 chances for 12 shards (that's conservative - it should only take 36)
    Ahsoka is farmable through Cantina shipments - so those 4 refreshes you paid for for Dooku shards will also land you 840 cantina tokens - or 10 shards of Ahsoka. You need two more - 50 crystal refresh each of her hard nodes. So we're up to 500 crystals.

I'll be honest, I don't remember if ST Han releases at 3* or 4* - but either way, is he worth 2k crystals? (or about $10). I don't think so. I'm f2p and have him at 4* - and that's pretty much where he's been for a long time.

Even if you normally do 1 crystal refresh on cantina and so increase those numbers from 100 to 200 (a second refresh), that's still 900 crystals + ST Han (so 1600 crystals for him).

As I said, if you are a whale/dolphin, I totally get why you like that draw. Ironically though, it shows why f2p should simply spend their crystals on refreshes and not chromium.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Meese_Rancher
    125 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I'm glad you like it. As a mostly F2P I would throw up on my keyboard if I spent 2500 crystals and got that.

From a f2P perspective, that draw is exactly what's wrong with spending on Chromium. I'll explain:
    First and foremost - Leia's 20 shards. She's unfarmable, so to a F2p player, those are useless. Even for "collectors", they're not even enough to unlock her. Tarkin is the same issue (And a worse character)

24 shards of Jedi Knight Guardian. Ummmm...yeah. I don't think so. She's arguably the worst "Jedi" hero in the game (although Plo Koon would definitely be in that conversation.

So that leaves the 12 Dooku and 12 Ahsoka shards (and ST Han). Those are decent, all 3 a farmable characters and solid contributors in the current meta...however...

You can land 12 Dooku shards for about 4 cantina refreshes on his hard node (so 400 crystals) - and that's 40 chances for 12 shards (that's conservative - it should only take 36)
    Ahsoka is farmable through Cantina shipments - so those 4 refreshes you paid for for Dooku shards will also land you 840 cantina tokens - or 10 shards of Ahsoka. You need two more - 50 crystal refresh each of her hard nodes. So we're up to 500 crystals.

I'll be honest, I don't remember if ST Han releases at 3* or 4* - but either way, is he worth 2k crystals? (or about $10). I don't think so. I'm f2p and have him at 4* - and that's pretty much where he's been for a long time.

Even if you normally do 1 crystal refresh on cantina and so increase those numbers from 100 to 200 (a second refresh), that's still 900 crystals + ST Han (so 1600 crystals for him).

As I said, if you are a whale/dolphin, I totally get why you like that draw. Ironically though, it shows why f2p should simply spend their crystals on refreshes and not chromium.

Woah OK calm down, did not ask for an essay here. I'm not some sea mammal thank you very much. Just bought the Jedi bundle and had crystals built up. I get the farming and refresh aspect but I also like the mystery and alure of random drops, hence why I bought the mega pack, my first one by the way. I don't need a lecture on how to play a game.
  • Calus_78
    504 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Then why post about your so fortunate chromium pack? Does the world really care, or do you get off showing your trading cards to the rest of the kids?

And stop getting all bent out of shape, cause someone else gave his opinion about your chromium pack in which I believe he said "I'm glad you like it". You posted it on a public forum and gave your opinion, show a little respect.
  • Calus_78 wrote: »
    Then why post about your so unfortunate chromium pack? Does the world really care, or do you get off showing your trading cards to the rest of the kids?

And stop getting all bent out of shape, cause someone else gave his opinion about your chromium pack in which I believe he said "I'm glad you like it". You posted it on a public forum and gave your opinion, show a little respect.

You obviously cared enough to come here and comment, nice try. And I wasn't attacking him personally, simply stating some truths. Respect goes both ways buddy.

Mods please close this thread. Just wanted to display some RNG goodness not spark yet another pointless debate on the right way to play A GAME!!!
  • Don't think niko was trying to criticize. I was a little surprised by your response, meese
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    darkensoul wrote: »
    Don't think niko was trying to criticize. I was a little surprised by your response, meese

I wasn't trying to criticize at all and was completely calm when posting my "essay". lol.

I love when people post actual draws, stats, etc. I just like to interpret them.

Honestly, I too was a little surprised by the OP's response - but can see how my analysis from a f2p perspective might have sounded a little heavy handed. No offense meant meese.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Calus_78
    504 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    There was no try/effort, I didn't mind. Just expect people to post many things on a public forum and possibly write opinions you might or not agree with. Maybe you should have just asked to close this thread after your OP.
  • Calus_78 wrote: »
    Then why post about your so fortunate chromium pack? Does the world really care, or do you get off showing your trading cards to the rest of the kids?

Well, two others cared enough about his good luck to post their congrats here. And respect goes both ways. Stop raining on someone's parade.

@Nikoms565 , the OP was just sharing his good fortune. Everyone on this forum recommend not spending on Chromiums unless you're willing to spend big. Maybe you didn't mean any offense but nobody likes a statement like yours when they're just sharing their good fortune. I don't find his response offensive either. More of a natural reaction to your post.

Everybody, just relax. Live and let live.
  • Robdd
    111 posts Member
    I'm f2p also and wouldn't be happy at all with that pack. Having a character drop from Arena would be the worse, I do agree refreshes are much better value. Deep down everybody wants that Ray drop hence the gamblers mentality.
  • Why so cereal
  • I grabbed a mega pack yesterday and snagged 3* Plo Koon, enough shards for a 2* QGJ & 2* Ashoka Tano. Also picked up 1* Genosian Soldier. Then today got a 3* Count Dooku from a Bronzium. I'm just getting started so this was a good week for me.