Matchmaking...

Prev1
iMyth
posts Member
edited June 2019
q4qnwtxtf2c6.jpg this my league in divisi 5 gp betwen 2m-2,5m,and this my enemy f798c3jt9b5r.jpg
9s6q7vxb19vt.jpg

Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Mstrefe1
    281 posts Member
    Options
    Another thread complaining about Matchmaking. I really should copy and paste my responses that I have been posting all night.

Find any of the other threads where people are complaining about matchmaking. Read the thread. Read my posts since I am trying to explain the most likely scenario in every other thread.

CG doesn't hate you, the matchmaking system thinks you have a reasonable chance of beating your opponent for some reason (don't ask me, I didn't create the matchmaking). It needs to be tested before it will be working to the the expectations that CG and the playerbase has in mind. The testing likely requires the full playerbase's participation, and therefore needs something like a week long Exhibition period where the rewards aren't the actual ones, the opponents are not going to be the correct opponents, and you can't reach the highest league because its so short. Just spitballing ideas here. Feel free to add on to my ideas if you want.
    Looking for an amazing new guild? Check out Boba's Allience: discord.gg/trr93Ty
  • Options
    Mstrefe1 wrote: »
    Another thread complaining about Matchmaking. I really should copy and paste my responses that I have been posting all night.

Find any of the other threads where people are complaining about matchmaking. Read the thread. Read my posts since I am trying to explain the most likely scenario in every other thread.

CG doesn't hate you, the matchmaking system thinks you have a reasonable chance of beating your opponent for some reason (don't ask me, I didn't create the matchmaking). It needs to be tested before it will be working to the the expectations that CG and the playerbase has in mind. The testing likely requires the full playerbase's participation, and therefore needs something like a week long Exhibition period where the rewards aren't the actual ones, the opponents are not going to be the correct opponents, and you can't reach the highest league because its so short. Just spitballing ideas here. Feel free to add on to my ideas if you want.

This means nothing, "having a reasonable chance to beat them"? That's not the point, the point is they are rewarding bad choices made by older players by matching them with newer players who have made the right choices. It's absolutely awful.
  • Mstrefe1
    281 posts Member
    Options

This means nothing, "having a reasonable chance to beat them"? That's not the point, the point is they are rewarding bad choices made by older players by matching them with newer players who have made the right choices. It's absolutely awful.

How is that not the point? He has a chance of beating the opponent. How does that not matter? What choices do you mean? That was not expressed in any of the pictures posted by OP. So I am at a loss for what bad choices OP made that led to this battle.
  • Mstrefe1
    281 posts Member
    Options
    Cyanide334 wrote: »
    It amazes me the ridiculous things that some people on here will defend for CG. They constantly screw up like this.

Look through my post history. I am no CG defender. I call my shots like I see them. Sometimes I defend CG. Sometimes I don't. Depends on the issue being debated.

All that I am saying is that this is to be expected. This is a week long Exhibition for crying out loud! Expect issues. Expect bugs like what happened over the weekend. Expect fixes and bonus rewards for these fixes like what happened on Monday. The matchmaking system needs to be tested on a playerbase wide basis, or it would likely crash when it would be released for the first time in a "perfect release" with no testing.

My point is that this is a test. Plain and simple. I will likely face someone with a 800k GP "advantage" over me. And based on what I saw in their roster, it will be an easy win for me. The matchmaking is not perfect yet. Wait until August for the real GAC.
  • Options

How is that not the point? He has a chance of beating the opponent. How does that not matter? What choices do you mean? That was not expressed in any of the pictures posted by OP. So I am at a loss for what bad choices OP made that led to this battle.

The point is his opponent managed his account poorly and doesn't deserve to win. There is a direct correlation between time played and GP having hundreds of thousands of even millions more GP means you most likely have played longer and the fact that you're being matched against that person means you made some bad choices and they didn't
  • Options

The point is his opponent managed his account poorly and doesn't deserve to win. There is a direct correlation between time played and GP having hundreds of thousands of even millions more GP means you most likely have played longer and the fact that you're being matched against that person means you made some bad choices and they didn't

100% agree. It should not be mine and all other guys who were focused on GA problem, that people with much higher GP has now the equal chanses of winning cause they faced us instead of players with pretty the same GP +-200k...
  • Mstrefe1
    281 posts Member
    Options
    Cyanide334 wrote: »
    Trust me, I fully expect bugs and constant issues, it is CG after all. I'm up against players that I have absolutely no chance to beat. Almost a full mil on me from all of them. Avoiding these massively mix matched groupings should have been common sense.

GP, while it has some value, should not be considered anywhere near what it was valued at during the early days of GA. I have faced some opponents who are extremely broad, and some that are Hyper-focused (if they aren't 7* G12, then they aren't unlocked). I walked over the broad guy, and was just laughed at by the hyper-focus guy. But to top this of, the broad guy had 20,000 GP more than me, so GP didn't matter in this case. Or in the case for the Hyped-focus guy either since I had a full 100k GP "advantage" over him, yet I didn't have a chance to beat him.

Almost every single thread I have seen tonight has been people just plainly laying out the numbers for the differences in GP, and this one is no exception. Battles from different divisions are supposed to happen. Large differences in GP is supposed to happen. But because people see that there is more than a 50k difference in GP, they come here and complain about it. Which is why I say what I have been saying all night long.

This is a test. Does it needs to be improved? Obviously. I have been saying that all night, just as much as everyone else. But I am also saying that this is the reason why CG wanted to do a week long Exhibition period. So that way they can work on things to make the experience better cor everyone when the actual GAC comes to the game in August. They need to do a wide scale test to make sure that the game can handle it, the matchmaking system can at least run, and to make sure that the leadership board and rewards are working. That's what this week long test is for. Then they have the week off to work on fixing everything for the full length GAC Exhibition coming in 2 weeks. That is when they improve the matchmaking system, increase the rewards, and incentivise players for fully participating in GAC. This is not a final product, but everyone who has posted tonight has made it seem as if it is the final product. Give it time. That's it. Like I have also said tonight a few other times, wait until August, and I bet most of these issues are not going to be around. And if they are, then I personally give you permission to light my torch for me.
  • Mstrefe1
    281 posts Member
    Options

Okay, I mis-understood your point at first, and while I agree to an extent with you, I do believe that CG wants to give everyone a fair and equal chance at succeeding in the new game mode. So yes, while it does seem like CG is helping the (presumed) long-term player over the (once again, presumed) shorter-term player, when the actual GAC comes to the game in August, the longer-term player will find it more difficult to succeed with their roster as the GAC proceeds since they will be facing opponents around the same range that they are personally at. So at the time, they are facing the "easier, less developed player who has a couple of better teams", a couple of weeks later in the GAC, they will likely be paired up against the broader, more teams and higher GP players.
  • Options

Well now I'm curious, could you explain to me what is bad account management? Without going into extremes, like gearing CUP to12 vs. gearing DR.

I find it hard to compare a player that has played for 1-2 years vs. a player that has played since launch. There has often been reasons to gear up and fluff your GP since it was, at that time, required or beneficial.

• Options

Okay, I mis-understood your point at first, and while I agree to an extent with you, I do believe that CG wants to give everyone a fair and equal chance at succeeding in the new game mode. So yes, while it does seem like CG is helping the (presumed) long-term player over the (once again, presumed) shorter-term player, when the actual GAC comes to the game in August, the longer-term player will find it more difficult to succeed with their roster as the GAC proceeds since they will be facing opponents around the same range that they are personally at. So at the time, they are facing the "easier, less developed player who has a couple of better teams", a couple of weeks later in the GAC, they will likely be paired up against the broader, more teams and higher GP players.

Read my last post
  • Mstrefe1
    281 posts Member
    Options

Read my last post

I did. And I responded to what I believe CG is intending by these match-ups. Not what actually happened, or my beliefs as to what should happen, just looking at what people are saying and how I understand everything to be at this current moment. Feel free to correct me though.
  • Options
    Imnotgood wrote: »

Well now I'm curious, could you explain to me what is bad account management? Without going into extremes, like gearing CUP to12 vs. gearing DR.

I find it hard to compare a player that has played for 1-2 years vs. a player that has played since launch. There has often been reasons to gear up and fluff your GP since it was, at that time, required or beneficial.

Well like I've explained above, you have different tier squads, top tier like DR, JKR, CLS, Traya, Padme, you have mid tier squads like Bossk, KRU, RJT, Qira-Enfys, Separatist droids, Palpatine, NS and you have the trash or low tier like Ewoks (I know some will be triggered), Jawas, Phoenix, R1, etc.

A poorly managed account is one that's missing stuff from the top and mid tier and has too much of the low tier. Also bad zeta and omega investments which means less Zetas and omegas invested in the top and mid tier squads. And lastly the compulsive leveling everything to 85, upgrading their abilities and gearing them up to 6-7-8 when you don't plan to use them any time soon. So I mean do I think you're bad for gearing clones when you don't have Jedi Revan, well yes, and although one day clones may be required for some legendary, until that happens you're missing out on performance and you should be missing out.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

The irony of you posting that comment is beautifull, truly beautifull.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • AntiHeld
    237 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Well like I've explained above, you have different tier squads, top tier like DR, JKR, CLS, Traya, Padme, you have mid tier squads like Bossk, KRU, RJT, Qira-Enfys, Separatist droids, Palpatine, NS and you have the trash or low tier like Ewoks (I know some will be triggered), Jawas, Phoenix, R1, etc.

A poorly managed account is one that's missing stuff from the top and mid tier and has too much of the low tier. Also bad zeta and omega investments which means less Zetas and omegas invested in the top and mid tier squads. And lastly the compulsive leveling everything to 85, upgrading their abilities and gearing them up to 6-7-8 when you don't plan to use them any time soon. So I mean do I think you're bad for gearing clones when you don't have Jedi Revan, well yes, and although one day clones may be required for some legendary, until that happens you're missing out on performance and you should be missing out.

You still have an edge vs. "poorly managed accounts". The MM is compairing the Teams that are assumed to be used. So in a 6vs6 perhaps the 60 best chars (where "best" is GM or whatever and if it's 60 or another Number we can only guess).
    So e.g. my R1 and non-top-tier-Rebels, I developed for Fleet, might be included in my "best teams" compared to your shiny DS/LS Kevins and other top tier teams. So here is your advantage.
    On the other side the G8 Jawas, I had to develop for gaining Mods, will not be included. As they would not see any use anyway.
    So if the goal was to make the match-ups more challanging, and less punishing for the wider collections, I think its at least something worth testing.
  • Options
    More then 100k gp difference it's just huge and unfair,i'm a guy that have few team but they ar e all at g 12 but i'm fighting plyers with 600k+ i don't even have enought good teams to set on def and atack(decent ones)i had to put 2 teams on def that are g8-g7 but him on the other hand has more decent teams (g10+)to clear me.I have 6 teams for atack if i don't clear him from first try with each time i'm done while he has en9ught teams to do 2 battles for each of my teams on def....
  • Options
    TBH, the whole game design of SWGOH is not tailored for competition like the GAC. Too many variables (char stats, like speed) to manage, too many difference in amount and/or choice of toons.

If you want to make it "work", CG needs to balance much more. (maybe restrict the chars you are allowed to use or only certain toons by round and/or hardcaps on stats)

Right now the whole GAC feels like Poker with unfair cards.
  • Options

There no possible way to defend a 1.3 million gp difference. Short of 900k of that being a ships difference
  • Options
    Atarius wrote: »
    TBH, the whole game design of SWGOH is not tailored for competition like the GAC. Too many variables (char stats, like speed) to manage, too many difference in amount and/or choice of toons.

If you want to make it "work", CG needs to balance much more. (maybe restrict the chars you are allowed to use or only certain toons by round and/or hardcaps on stats)

Right now the whole GAC feels like Poker with unfair cards.

This is a very bad solution to a beta type problem. How'd banning toons go the first time?
  • Options

The point is his opponent managed his account poorly and doesn't deserve to win.

Wasnt this not ok during the previous matchmaking according to some people. What happened that suddenly its ok
  • Options
    There no possible way to defend a 1.3 million gp difference. Short of 900k of that being a ships difference

As seen in the prior GAs, GM is a poor indicator if a matchup is "fair". So there's a thousand ways to defend a 400k difference. Of course its not 50% free wins anymore. Didn't look at the GM of my opponents, just at their roosters and G12 and I have to say its pretty close every time. And I didn't care about all the G7/8 they have because they won't matter at all.
  • Options
    Shaddes wrote: »
    The matchmaking is very screwed up, I’m facing an opponent that has a really good malak, DR, and JKR... but that’s it, no cls. No jtr, no traya, no enfys, (no smugglers even activated for that matter) no chewy, no c3po no padme, and 700k gp less then me. I have all the above teams as well as DR malak and JKR all very well modded.. he also has no chance, EA also has a patented matchmaking thing that works in favor of the spenders. There are many videos out on it

Mods, zetas and number of usable (complete or mostly complete) teams should make a dent in matchmaking. Whether someone has DR, GG or any of the new top teams should not be factor, however.

Imagine two players from Division 2, for instance. One of them has DR, JKR, Padmé, GG maxed, the other doesn't even have JKR. Now, if they both were matched in GAC based on the toons they have, the one with all the top tier toons might easily end up on rank 8 (being matched with others who have the exact same 4 teams, but overall better roster), while the one without any of those toons might win the round (facing others with similar characters as theirs).

The second player imediately promotes to a higher league with better rewards while the first one, despite having invested considerably more gear and thought into his roster (and possibly money) stays in carbonite. Both of them are in the same division and the first player has a better overall roster, yet the second one gets the better rewards. Doesn't seem fair, does it?
  • Options
    SERIOUSLY??
    The original poster will be fine here and has ZERO argument
    He has DR, Revan, Bossk, CLS, Traya and C3PO —> his “high GP” opponent doesn’t.
    The OP has better mods and x3 the number of Zetas, he has double the number of G12s.
    He’s going to win and it’s going to be a cakewalk.

TL:DR looks like fair-ish matchmaking.

m3ahnwa3b6m1.jpeg
  • Options
    Some Players farm specific toons for competition and some players, just to have them (Collectors) ... The one who focus on Competition will have an advantage over the collector, there is no way to separate these 2, since both have CLS, JKR, DRev, JTR ...
    That's part of the game and even if you run every day, someone who runs for Competition will most likely beat you.

There are solutions, but I bet, most players don't want them (amateur vs pro divisions, and if you want to play pro, you have to spent crystals to participate, but you can earn them too... like e-sports)
  • Options
    *looks at title*

“Muro’s troops have attacked an airport and terrorized the citizens!”

Oh!? You say we’re not recalling Shinitama’s dialogue in Oni by Bungie Studios in the late 1990’s?

Sorry, carry on.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    SERIOUSLY??
    The original poster will be fine here and has ZERO argument
    He has DR, Revan, Bossk, CLS, Traya and C3PO —> his “high GP” opponent doesn’t.
    The OP has better mods and x3 the number of Zetas, he has double the number of G12s.
    He’s going to win and it’s going to be a cakewalk.

TL:DR looks like fair-ish matchmaking.

m3ahnwa3b6m1.jpeg

Obviously the 2.1M GP player won't stand a chance against the 3.4M GP player. He (2.1M) only has nearly 3x the amount of zetas, more than double the amount of g11+12 chars and more than 5x the amount of 15+ speed mods.
    But the 3.4M guy has 700k more char GP! I'd bet on the 3.4M guy!
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg