GP brackets for character-only GA

Hi there!
Is there any info on how number of teams in character-only GA is determined?

Can’t find it, so would appreciate any help:)

Replies

• Mstrefe1
    281 posts Member
    Do you mean like a set requirement that only a certain number of trams are going to be used? And do you mean in total or for defense?

For defense- No. No set number was ever stated to the playerbase.
    For offense- No set number exists because some teams take many attempts to beat.
    For total- See For Offense.
    Looking for an amazing new guild? Check out Boba's Allience: discord.gg/trr93Ty
  • Yeah, I mean the number of teams you set on defense.

I remember the table for mixed GA that showed how many teams would be set on def, depending on total GP.

But i think that it was stated that for character-only GA only characters GP determines how many teams could be set on def
  • Mstrefe1
    281 posts Member
    Yeah, I figured that was what you meant, but I always want to make sure I understand what someone is asking before giving a full answer.

As for a set number, no CG did not unfortunately. I wish they had since it would clean up the forums a little bit since there are a lot of people asking that same question. From what I can tell, the top 2 Divisions have to place 8 teams of defense. 3 and 4 (and possibly 5, but not certain about that) have to place 6 teams. Not sure about any lower divisions with any other number on defense. I hope that they do give a full list during the full length GAC Exhibition in a couple of weeks, or at least one before the real GAC in August.
    Looking for an amazing new guild? Check out Boba's Allience: discord.gg/trr93Ty
  • @CG_SBCrumb could you, please, provide us the info before actual GAC?
  • groovdog
    102 posts Member
    Div 5 2.35m gp doing 5 teams. Think it is based on Div of lowest rated player. So if div 4 faces div 5 you set at div 5 rates. This seems to be what the threads are suggesting.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    groovdog wrote: »
    Div 5 2.35m gp doing 5 teams. Think it is based on Div of lowest rated player. So if div 4 faces div 5 you set at div 5 rates. This seems to be what the threads are suggesting.
    I am Div 5 facing a Div 3 opponent and we both placed 5 teams.
  • groovdog wrote: »
    There are some people in DIV 5 who placed 6 teams, so i don’t think it’s based on div

• groovdog
    102 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

Which screws the div 3 player because they can only get pts based on 5 teams vs their pee4s who can earn more. But they benefit from higher div rewards being better. What a mess. No one will be happy which is the best CG can hope for?
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

Which screws the div 3 player because they can only get pts based on 5 teams vs their pee4s who can earn more. But they benefit from higher div rewards being better. What a mess. No one will be happy which is the best CG can hope for?
    Any Div 3 player getting matched with a Div 5 player has bigger problems, namely the fact that his opponent has a much more focused roster and is most likely going to curb stomp him.
  • At least it would be cool to have some feedback is def teams difference within one division considered as flaw or WAI