Tanks are the best Defense

VIII
495 posts Member
Have encountered this team twice now in squad arena, and it has to be the longest battle I have ever faced and both times going over the 5 min mark , making the match an automatic loss
Barris (L) 7*
Vader 5*
Kylo 7*
Savage 7*
RG7*
(And what I meant by tanks, I meant high health pool)
No matter who you try to attack first either RG kicks in with taunt or Barris has time to equal all health, anyone else encounter a team like this? Or better as Defense?
[SöD]

Replies

• I never fight Barris leads. Way to much HP
  • VIII
    495 posts Member
    @JediMasterGibs I usually always go for Barris because she's not a threat with a regular team, but with a high health pool team , she fits best
    [SöD]
  • SmokeyJoe320
    931 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I don't know if you consider this defense or offense but I ran into a team yesterday with a 7* First Order Officer and a 7* Han that absolutely destroyed me twice in a row. I don't even remember the rest of that squad except Phasma was the lead. All I know is on the first attempt, his full team went first, Han taunted, I took like 2 turns shooting Han and never went again. My turn meters went haywire as FOO screws with them twice a much as Han does.

So on the second attempt, I was like Aha! I need to stun FOO on my first pass with Daka! Yeah right. By the time I went, all my guys were low health. Daka's stun did not stun FOO. I got in one more attack. His team goes again, game over. In both games my Lumi's turn meter never moved off 0 I don't think.

I saw a thread out here a couple of days ago about the 'hidden gems' in the game.... 7* FOO (especially teamed with Han, and double especially with a Phasma lead) is a killer to face. A well designed team, definitely not the norm. I think GS and 86 were the other 2 guys on the team. No healers.
  • VIII
    495 posts Member
    @SmokeyJoe320
    Never faced Han+FOO together in a team , but ya for sure especially with Phasma , all that turn meter plus advantage is insane, and with the new Ewok Chief Chirpa, imagine 4 Ewoks and Han together , that would be insane after your first attack, that team would control the rest of the battle.
    [SöD]
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    i used to run a phasma, han, foo + 2 team in during the poe meta. it was pretty fun and i never saw anyone use that combo...until now. unfortunately, speed kills the higher up in ranks you go, so i abandoned the team
    mighty chlorians
  • VIII
    495 posts Member
    @reizse
    Yes but as a defensive team, it must of held up well, and what about switching FOO for RG?
    [SöD]
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Any good speed+DPS team will tear that to shreds.
    Example, my team... Yoda does his thing, Vader is neutralized. GS and Jinn between them can all but take out an RG in 1 or at most 2 turns. Kylo is a free Offense Up for the team with Jinn there. Add in Dooku and Barriss will sit there stunned for the entire fight. Savage is not a threat and neither is Vader without his DOTs.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • VIII
    495 posts Member
    @Qeltar I was running
    QGJ 6* max gear (L)
    Dooku 6* max gear
    Rey 5* VIII gear (almost maxed)
    Lumi 7* max
    GS (first time)/Old Daka (second time)
    How much faster do you need to be?
    [SöD]
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    i never held rank overnight. usually i would drop 15 places from top 5-10.
    mighty chlorians
  • VIII
    495 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    @Qeltar I guess it was just just RNG bad luck than , but still even if you switch some of those characters around with other better/stronger (tanks) , should still be a nice defensive team
    [SöD]
  • Heisen
    364 posts Member
    Any chance you can give us a video/screenshots or just a rough play-by-play synopsis of how the fight goes? Would be interested in that.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Nobody runs a team like that on my shard. If I find one in GW and have the right guys available with cooldowns I will give it a shot.
    But it's pretty easy to theorycraft. Who does the damage on that team? Basically nobody.
    I don't even have a GOOD speed+DPS team because I don't have Rey.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Heisen
    364 posts Member
    Also, I'm pretty sure droids will destroy that team as well. I know because I've run something similar and even on offense those 20k hp guys go down like nothing to those poggle-buffed droids which will all move first.
  • Heisen
    364 posts Member
    Qeltar wrote: »
    But it's pretty easy to theorycraft. Who does the damage on that team? Basically nobody.

Well to be fair, Vader's dots and culling blade are not to be trifled with especially once they make it so dots kill again. Of course, Yoda will counter this though. Also on offense, Savage will often get buffed due to dumb AI and his overpower can crit for something around 8-9k damage? But yea this team shouldn't be a huge deal on defense.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    Nobody runs a team like that on my shard. If I find one in GW and have the right guys available with cooldowns I will give it a shot.
    I don't even have a GOOD speed+DPS team because I don't have Rey.

I suppose its a nice team to have when you are locking #1 position out leaving your opponent with ~1:30 to 2:00 to beat said team. It won't hold up over night but for those crucial last minute sniping those hp could make a difference. I am already having trouble clearing out 15k hp Phasma Poe teams under 1:20.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Tipp: Use Auto-Mode and focus manually ... ;)
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • VIII
    495 posts Member
    @Achilles It's funny you say that, I usually only use auto for challenges, but started using it recently for squad arena , and my team actually hits/crits and lands stuns better than doing it manually
    [SöD]